>one son is a super villain
>another is a god
>godfather to a newborn watcher
>diversity character done right
>ewing obviously wants to write it
>no ongoing

But why?

It will flop. Enjoy him in Ultimates

He's a fucking Mary Sue. The only thing that he's got going for him to set him apart from other flying bricks is that he's black.

'Cause Brashear is an "old black guy", and not a "hip cool SJW transblack woman".

I'd buy the shit out of a Blue Marvel solo. Have Ewing write it and then launch a Bro-Mic with Doom and BM. Shit's writting itself.

sounds like a huge mary sue to me

Marvel has way too many characters to keep track of and writers would rather focus on the main bunch. There's so many suitable replacements without making new ones from scratch, but people would rather make new ones than lose potential money with someone else's characters

You do understand that marvel has no interest in characters right?
That marvel is only interested in 'propertys'?
You think any suit anywhere in the chuckle fuck of marvel or Disney corporate would see the value of BM?
Nope. These are the same people who greenlit replacing Tony Stark with fan favorite Riri Black.

That and the scientist thing and the old dad thing.

Which is also kinda flopping.

But as long as Ewing is at Marvel I'm sure he'll find any excuse to use BM and Monica.

so is Superman

Because Marvel doesn't want to really try to sell new heroes. They reskin old ones so they don't have to take any real risk. Look at Morales, he sucks, he's boring but he has the Spider-man nzmd to fall back on. If Miles were just another black super hero nobody would give a fuck. they need to be established before marvel experiments with them and goes all in.

Because at the end of the day only Ewing gives two shits about him.
And Ewing does nothing but bring up old stuff and go "Hey look this existed!" So it's not like he'll bring anything new.

In order to be a Mary Sue a character has to be loved by all the characters in the narrative, be unable to do any wrong and never have anything bad to happen to them. None of these apply to Blue Marvel

> We will never have a Brad Bird or Gareth Edwards directed Blue Marvel movie starring Denzel Washington with the racial tension background dealt with in the prologue & the rest being Star Treky sci-fi discovery.
FML.

Only Kekwing likes him because he has a boner for black characters hoping that Benis senpai will notice him.
As far as Superman clones go, he is pretty shit, but he is black so you HAVE to like him

Don't know, but I love Blue Marvel. Personally I think Ewing was allowed to give him a bigger push, he'd have a deserved place in the nu-Marvel Trinity with Carol.

This entire post is bullshit

Can you even think?

So is America, Hawkslut, Nova, Rir, etc, etc.

At least Blue Marvel is a good role model for nigglets.

>never have anything bad to happen to them
a tragic backstory is classic mary sue what are you talking about

Sentry is more interesting.

He was before Bendis got to him.

He needs a Cliff Huxtable sweater when he is in disguise

Sounds like you have no idea what a Mary Sue is