Why were the heroes in Ultimate complete dicks?

Why were the heroes in Ultimate complete dicks?

Because being an asshole is COOL and MODERN

>Because being an asshole is COOL and MODERN

Partially It was a direct attempt to differentiate them from their 616 counterparts.

A more subtle way of being edgy. Bendis actually got it down pretty well.

>you have kids?
Uh oh

We'll Spider-Man's not wrong

What did Spidey say?

Current 616 is populated by crappy assholes even worse than the ultimate universe's.

They arent assholes, just preachy liberal faggots

This
They wanted to make them different from 616 to justify having a seperate universe, but they didn't want to make them so different that people wouldn't recognize them

He called them muties

>Ultimate Hawkfaggot talking shit about Spidey costume
Has he ever seen himself on a mirror?

It wasn't that bad in the begining, only the Ultimates (Avengers) were asshole central but then it spread out like cancer, Ultimatum was just the shitfest that turned the whole Ultimate universe into Assholes Universe.

DO YOU THINK THIS "A" STANDS FOR FRANCE?

>Noh-Varr is told by the Kree that he can save earth if he brings over some Phoenix jizz
>Noh-Varr takes it from the Avengers and discovers the Kree are lying assholes (as always), so he takes it back to the avengers and shit
>Avengers and shit tell him they will kill him if they ever see him again and leave him to die on a planet full of angry motherfuckers with no equipment

616 captain america is a deep cover operative who hates america.

What the fuck, when did this happen and in what comic?

- Blob was a canibal
- Hulk was a canibal and a rapist
- Wasp was a manipulative bitch that instigated the even more of a Wifebeater Hank to beat her so she could get people on her side and ruin Hank's life.
- Sue became a slut out of nowhere telling Reed she wanted to look for other men.
- Hawkeye and Black Widow were so much of pair of cunts that being "heroes" just didn't compute.

and so many other shit I'm forgeting, glad the whole universe got fucked over to oblivion, now if only Morales hadn't escaped his fate.

only after cosmic cube shenanigans

They were written by Mark Millar.

Sue then went and fucked Ben.

>Why am I a *******? I was just standing here
I'm not even the biggest fan of X-Men, but Colossus plays the comedic "straight man" so well

Avengers' Avengers Vs X-men tie in.

Ultimate Spiderman was the only thing that was alright with that universe?

Has she no shame?

Thanks

>The earth must be nurtured!
2pure.

It's because the Ultimate Universe ended

>double nigger

Protector busts his ass retrieving the Phoenix Jizz to give back to the Avengers

But, fuck him.

Wait, didn't Mar-Vell come back in a Secret Avengers tie-in for AvX before dying again?

>God! You know why people hate you? It's not because you're black!!! It's because you're all a bunch of nigger fucking faggots! That's why!
Why did Bendis let Raimi co write this issue?

FUCK HIM! HOW DARE HE GET FOOLED BY THE BAD GUYS?!

this seems ludicrously out of character for hank

HOW DARE YOU TRY TO PROTECT THE EARTH, PROTECTOR?!?! HOW DARE YOU?!?!

Definitely, that's why he got killed, twice.

He was literally too good for that univese.

>Proceeds to join the Young Avengers before living in orbit in his space apartment for 3 years.

this seems ludicrously in character for carol

Die Noh-Varr, you don't even deserve a trial or looking into what happened. Just die.

It's Bendis, people tend to overlook how edgy he is because he's short and bald.

>That arc where Peter went around beating every Jewish banker half dead

Jesus Christ Raimi

He got better. He got better from being blown up. Doesn't make the Avengers not!assholes.

>616 captain america is a deep cover operative who hates america.

only if america happens to hate good willed citizens trying their best

Did Ultimate Hawkeye ever die? I know his senpai got murdered but I don't seem to recall him ever biting it, even though most of the Ultimates died before the whole Universe got flushed.

>Kree supreme intelligence acting like a total dick as usual

Died in the incursion.

I meant before that but okay that answers my question.

Yeah the ones in ultimate end are different.

Miller is literally incapable of writing decent people. That's it.

I stopped reading that shit fairly early on. There was nothing enjoyable about it.

Being a dick is more realistic. No person with superpowers would go beyond "not killing everything in sight" or "slaving humanity" in terms of righteousness

Not exactly a great tactic. Ultimate Spider-Man is probably the most popular 1610 comic, and how different was he, honestly? His story is different, but as a character he was still the wise-cracking goofball and his comic explored his double life thoroughly, just like his 616 counterpart.

Did they ever fucking apologise for this? Ever go "oh shit, we fucked up, sorry man"?

They didn't, did they.

Yeah, and he ended up dying (twice) for it, only being recognised as a hero after the first death. When J. Jonah Jameson is one of the NICER people to Peter/Spider-Man, there's something wrong.

I'm re-reading Ultimate Spider-Man and its fucking depressing knowing im just getting closer and closer to his death, probably gunna stop reading right before it

75% of all Bendis plotlines are left unresolved for years, if ever.

So no, not unless Ewing decides to bring it up.

tbqh I always stop before that arc

I honestly liked that JJJ wound up being a Spider-Man supporter in Ultimate.

It's a sort of earned death. It's worth reading. It feels too soon for Spider-man to die. I mean fuck did he even graduate high school? But the final battle is engaging.

As tragic as it is, it's actually a nice way to wrap up Peter's story if you're going to do it that way. He's been beating himself up over being responsible for Uncle Ben's death, and not being able to do anything to save him, since he first started being a hero, but this time he was able to save his loved ones, and beat his nemesis down once and for all. Or until Norman comes back later, which was bullshit. Plus, the best part about it is that he was already heavily injured before the fight started. If he had been at 100%, he might have actually won.

Oh, same here, I'm just saying that when Fucking Jameson's nicer to Spider-Man compared to...pretty much everyone else, something's wrong.

Same thing.

>As tragic as it is, it's actually a nice way to wrap up Peter's story if you're going to do it that way
I agree, and I actually liked the early days of Miles as Spider-Man as well, before Peter came back for whatever reason, throwing all the weight of his sacrifice away and killing the feeling that Miles was an actual legacy character trying to uphold a legacy.

*dolphin noises*

This. Parker was too pure for his universe so he had to be dealt with, and when everyone realized the moral compass of literally their entire universe was gone, they fucked off to another one.

this universe was weird because tony stark was legitimately the best hero in the world, like more heroic and better at being a hero than anyone else hands down

I think that's why I loved it so much and hung on til the bitter loeb

it's marvel. everyone's always an asshole.

Hank risked destroying time by bringing the young X-Men to the present just to make Cyclops feel bad.

Beast is a fucking adiot asshole now. That is his current characterization

Spiderman was the one good part of the Ultimateverse. In a wold full of assholes, he was the same wise-cracking, web-swinging super hero we know and love, back as a teenager and at his best.

>All this fat shaming

SMDH DESU

Nope. Hell he's come back to Earth multiple times since then and even hung out with the Young Avengers and their hatred of him seems to have just been forgotten about

Mostly Mark Millar.

Those characters tended to be a lot more likable and chill in USM or when Ellis was writing.

Hank has been a shit for a long time.

Ultimate Spider-Man was so fucking good. How did Bends fall so far?

>You have kids?
>Widow kills them later

Indeed, they were dicks

Those first arcs of Miles were great. We got to see all the old supporting cast deal with the death of Peter and we got to see Miles slowly learn being SpiderMan is pain

>You cannot fix betrayal, says Vision

So what happens next. Does Spidey web him up somewhere.

I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty disillusioned if my universe was destroyed.

I think next time they met Clint beat him up for no reason and pointed guns at him trying to get info on Venom?

>Why am an asshole? I was just standing here?

kek

Spider-Man fucking with Kingpin is never not funny.

I like when he tries to crash his board meeting and just utterly fails

Ult Thor was a decent guy

wished they kept the hippie angle
didn't even particularly like it but it was at least a fresh take

Asshole characters are popular.
Look at Bender, Rick, Bloo, or hell, MCU Iron Man.

I fucking hate it when writers use parentheses like this. Right in the middle of fucking dialogue or on their own for no reason.

Colossus was my favorite part of that film.

USM was a hilarious book.

Kingpin was a good choice of villain for Ultimate Spider-Man.

When was hulk a rapist?

I sort of miss the sleekness of the Ultimate Universe. Like, everything felt more refined, cinematic in a way.

It implies that it is said more as an aside, it's a way to tell how someone is intoning something. I prefer it to the Japanese "Asides are smaller or outside the main speech bubbles".

he was shit long long before ultimate got destroyed mate

They really were, right? I re-read some of the Ultimates stuff recently and it's actually wearing how much of an asshole everyone is.

I'm well aware, but he only got worse from that point on.

He was a great beginning for Peter to start asking questions about crime and corruption that led well into the military-industrial complex problems of later in the series.

Yeah I know what Bendis was going for. He wanted those particular bits of dialogue to be read like they were being muttered, because he thinks that makes stuff funnier.

Reminder that Hawkeye revealing he has kids here led Black Widow to kill them and their mother.