The number one reason why piracy is not theft, as far as I'm concerned...

The number one reason why piracy is not theft, as far as I'm concerned, is that I wouldn't buy the product anyway because I can't afford it, so I'm not depriving the artist of any kind of potential financial gain buy borrowing an illicit copy of their work.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Buyers_Club#Copyright_enforcement_by_the_film's_makers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you'll never see FY pull off another devastating stolen ravage again in this lifetime. :

>rape is not a crime because i wouldn't pay for sex anyway

>Piracy is an act of robbery or criminal violence by ship or boat-borne attackers upon another ship or a coastal area, typically with the goal of stealing cargo and other valuable items or properties.

>is that I wouldn't buy the product anyway because I can't afford it
And it's a lie. You have the 4 bucks for a movie. You choose to spend it on something else because you can just pirate the movie. Maybe not everyone, not every movie. But there is a large chunk that would buy the movie if they couldn't steal it.

>I'm not depriving the artist of any kind of potential financial gain
If you were honestly following your argument through you would now acknowledge that piracy DOES reduce the financial gain and IS therefor immoral

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Buyers_Club#Copyright_enforcement_by_the_film's_makers
>Canadian law firm Aird & Berlis filed a court case on behalf of their client Dallas Buyers Club LLC against 17 "John Doe" defendants for alleged piracy of their movie. [106] [107
>Beginning in 2014, Voltage Pictures filed nearly 150 multi-defendant "John Doe" lawsuits against internet users identified only by their IP addresses, alleging illegal downloading of the film.[118] Despite statutory damages claims of $150,000, users reported settling claims with the film maker for $5,000 to $8,000.[119][120]
Court orders can now force ISP to hand over customer data. Enjoy having to settle for thousands of dollars, or paying even more in legal fees to battle it in court. The Canadian one is going on right now, and people will pay up.

>Piracy is theft of intellectual property
>HAHAHAHA SEE HOW STUPID YOU ARE? YOU SAY PIRACY IS THEFT OF PHYSICAL PROPERTY
Everytime. I honestly wish this would finally get persecuted harder just to shut all you smug morons up

tell that to the guys car I just downloaded

>You have the 4 bucks for a movie.
A bluray costs upwards of $30. And how about libraries? My local library offers DVDs and blurays completely free, and is where I watch all my films. Is that also "theft"?

So? I wouldn't pay to eat a KitKat but I'd eat it if I stole it. They aren't the same thing, but they're both crimes that carry potential penalties.
Still torrent though

>"Dont mind me, just pirating your body"

>rubick players

They pay for it and likely a distribution license

And streaming the film on youtube costs 4.
>My local library offers DVDs and blurays completely free, and is where I watch all my films. Is that also "theft"?
No because the library legally purchased the movie and the rights to lend out the copy. Jesus Christ did you think that was smart? Worse: How do you not know how fundamentally different these two concepts are? Fuck I'm actually mad that people THIS dumb are allowed to be THIS arrogant

>So? I wouldn't pay to eat a KitKat but I'd eat it if I stole it.

The difference is that the manfucterers still have the product I didn't buy and they could get the same amoun of money on it from someone else.

The difference is piracy is not altering the original product in any way shape or form. The owner can still use it as they please. When I rape, I'm depriving the person of enjoying wholesome future sexual experiences with other people. Buy pirating, I'm not stoping other people form buying the movie, or the owner to sell it to others.

went and torrented it just now because fuck you

The difference doesn't matter. It's a different crime with different rules.

Yes, but none of my money is going towards borrowing the film. It's no different than other means
Streaming is shit quality and not viable. You don't even own what you stream, so why would you pay for it?
>No because the library legally purchased the movie and the rights to lend out the copy
I am not discussing the legality of the library offering films, but rather the if they film distributors and "artists" are "deprived" somehow. If the net profit is $0 earned when a person borrows a film from a library, and $0 when they borrow from other means, then there is literally no difference. They also lose nothing physically in both cases, and therefore it's not stealing.
>Fuck I'm actually mad that people THIS dumb are allowed to be THIS arrogant
Trying too hard there, bud.

>If I don't pay my financial consultant for the service he provides I'm not stoping other people form consulting him and THEM paying him.
You literally are too stupid to insult. Just ignoring the parameters of the discussion doesn't mean you win it.

>all these faggots in this thread defending intellectual property
In my view, any artist who sees someone consume their art without paying and is mad that they didn't profit off of them instead of happy to have their art appreciated never deserved the money.

The director doesn't have to direct the movie again every time someone wants to see it. They direct the movie once.

Then buy a stream in HD.

>even own what you stream
You can buy a digital copy of the film

>don't even own what you stream, so why would you pay for it?
To watch the movie. Same reason you buy a cinema ticket. Jesus fucking Christ. I can bear the entitled thieves who are jsut too greedy to pay for what they consume. But you are ACTUALLY mentally ill. This isn't an order: For your own sake please never discuss anything ever again. I'm afraid trusting your intelligence will result in bad results

>Yeah fuck you actor. Why don't you build these filmsets YOURSELF and pay the cgi programmers and acting classes with a day job at mcdonalds
It's like your purposely making dumb arguments to show pirates that their behaviour is completely irrational

And then you consume the fruits of that work without paying. This whole dance just doesn't work. You WANT to watch the movie which is the sole reason you pirate it in the first place. This whole I wouldn't buy it if I had no other chance to consume it is simply a lie.

i don't think the worst thing about rape is depriving the victim of "wholesome future sexual experiences." you kind of sound like a rapist.

The thing you're "stealing" is actualization on the lazy corporate dinosaur's expectation of money for something that isn't a real product.

>w-what do you mean I'm arrested for counterfeiting?! But I wasn't STEALING anything!
Why can't people just admit to putting their own interests above everyone else's instead of trying to morally justify everything? It's more dignified.

Or maybe don't spend thousands or millions making a movie if you can't afford it.
I've watched well over a thousand movies in my life.
As a musician I want people to hear my music. I don't need money. The greatest artists and philosophers in history agree. Film studios don't deserve money just because movies are more expensive to make.

>You don't even own the actors and stage, so why would you pay for a theater ticket?

>that isn't a real product
It is though.
>But not if I REDEFINE words and ignore the concept of intellectual property that is as old as humanity
Wow. You sure convinced me. If you just say WI'm a spoiled entitled piece of shit that exists on instant gratification and throws a tantrum if I don't get my will immediately" at least you would make an honest point. And honestly even that would be less embarrassing than your attempts to justify it with this insult to the human brain.

>the concept of intellectual property that is as old as humanity
Source

>>You don't even own the actors and stage, so why would you pay for a theater ticket?
You pay for the venue and the performance. But steaming bits of data costs next to nothing, isn't live, and actors don't need to be paid to do so each time.

>Film studios don't deserve money just because movies are more expensive to make
Nobody is making that argument. Expensive movies flop all the time.

>I'm an entitled piece of shit that doesn't want to pay for a movie so why do they make movies for people who are willing to pay
It's like you don't even understand why you are dumb

>The greatest artists and philosophers in history agree
Right...

>I want people to hear my music
And? This has nothing to do with the debate. YOU don't sell your intellectual property of inferior quality that noone would pay for therefore it's okay to steal from the people who don't? For crying out loud stop smoking crack

>Film studios don't deserve money just because movies are more expensive to make
According to you??? No moron. Many people are willing to pay for a movie that was expensive if they get rewarded by entertainment for it. If you don't why don't you just not watch the movie? Why would them not making it be better?

i thought kunkka was the only pirate the whole time

>and the performance
Ding ding ding.
>costs next to nothing
You're not paying the streaming costs. You're paying for the movie.

>isn't live
How does this even factor into the discussion in your head? Do you just throw words into the room hoping sometimes they make sense?

>and actors don't need to be paid to do so each time
I know right? Given how much profit Porsche makes I should have the right to steal one. I hope with your 2 remaining brain cells you will think about this analogy before repeating the crap about losing on profit because the Porsche is physically gone. Not the point in discussion here.

only kikes get butthurt over this

>You're paying for the movie.
There is no movie if you can't save it.
>Not the point in discussion here
But it is, imbecile. Or should I say, shill, because you're clearly a shill. Guess what, streaming bits of data doesn't cost physical material and manufacturing costs like that of a car.

Murder is not theft either, does that make it OK?
Tress passing isn't theft either
Sneaking into the theater isn't theft

It's not a 1:1 payment. The money acquired from a concert doesn't just fund the cost of maintenance of the venue and the band surviving another week, they get rich off these things. Airliners aren't only charging you for the price of fuel and the pilot's food for the flight. You seem to be operating off this concept that everybody gets back exactly the amount of labor that they put in for every other industry, but that's not true of any of them because nobody would want to run a business like that. Drawing the line at movies is completely arbitrary.

>There is no movie if you can't save it.
Yeah again. Being too retarded for the discussion doesn't make you win it. And the last time you posted this I already pointed out that you can buy both digital and physical copies of the film.

>But it is, imbecile
No it's not because you're argument was that it doesn't matter since actors earn enough. Fucking hell do I have to explain your own non-arguments to you too now?

>streaming bits of data doesn't cost physical material and manufacturing costs like that of a car
Which is why I said you're not paying the streaming costs you pay for the movie.

Fuck. How is it even possible to be such a retard?

When you buy a car you're paying for money in excess of the physical material and manufacturing costs because Ford wants to actually expand from profits. If you could stream a car, yeah, they'd be cheaper. But a car is thousands of dollars, a movie is less than 10 bucks. When you buy a movie you're not paying directly for bits.

What am I stealing? An experience? Who am I depriving of an experience?

Intellectual property.

>Who am I depriving of an experience?
I said nothing to that extend. Are you arguing against yourself now. Are you having a mental breakdown. It would actually explain a lot. Maybe you should pretend you do

Whenever a someone like yourself is losing an argument, you have to double back and try to win a fight about semantics.

>Intellectual property
Show me an intellectual property
Then what am I stealing?

>56 percenters unironically shilling for the jews in hollywood

Reminder every argument against piracy takes place in a magical world where it's possible to instantly effortlessly copy anything endlessly and, for some reason, people still want money.

>intellectual property
>show me something physical
I give up. I would remind you that you being too retarded for a human conversation is not the same as you winning the debate but your incapable of processing this thought anyhow.

Reminder once you feel the need to use more than one punctuation mark in a row, you've already lost the argument.

When a thief steals a thing the victim is deprived of that thing. So when I steal intellectual property I am depriving the owner of intellectual property?

>You'll never see chink Dota dominate like TI6 Wings Gaming ever again

Crowdfund movie and release it for free when done. Give funders special perks.

>"But big movies couldn't be made"

Fuck big movies.

>Murder is not theft either, does that make it OK?

Murder is stealing another person's right to live, moron. Besides, a crime doesn't need to be theft to be an evil crime.

Not paying a financial consultant is stealing his time. If he didn't work for me, he would work for someone else and make money. A film producer doesn't lose anything if a guy who wouldn't pay anyway for his movie just pirates it a bit.

>I wouldn't buy the product anyway because I can't afford it
this, also I won't spend money on something when I don't know if it's trash or not
if it is really gud, I'll buy the blu ray

>the intellectual property defenders slave away in the popcorn mines to watch capeshit
>the pirate NEETS are comfortably watching kino on the home theater system they bought with the money they didn't spend on bits of data

Say the words, Sup Forums.