The future of the Avatar Franchise

>Avatar:The Last Airbender was a masterpiece and easily one of if not the best animated Cartoon ever created(Yeah including Japanese Cartoons).

>The Legend Of Korra it's sequel,was a mess of bilibical proportions.

>The Avatar The Last Airbender Comics are Fanfiction Tier and the soon to come The Legend Of Korra Comics will most likely feel the same.

Now then, Avatar is still a pretty popular and marketable franchise for it to die just like that,so some sort of continuation or Reboot will obviously happen in the future.

The question is, will Nickelodeon be the one making it again? Or could someone more competent like Netflix be able to revive the franchise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dD6rhRs4mNk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If Bryke are the head writers again, then I don't care.

>Avatar:The Last Airbender was a masterpiece
>Ends with the hero not really having to make a hard choice and just pulling something out of his ass at the last minute

No.

>Ends with the hero not really having to make a hard choice and just pulling something out of his ass at the last minute
Yeah even as a kid i thought the turtle coming out of nowhere was a bit bullshit but it didn't damaged the ending that much

If that dilemma was built up more throughout the series then that would be a major flaw, but because it was thrown in last minute it didn't bother me that much. It's not like Aang's dilemma was the central conflict of the narrative.

>>Avatar:The Last Airbender was a masterpiece and easily one of if not the best animated Cartoon ever created(Yeah including Japanese Cartoons).
No. Not even close. It doesn't in any way reach the pinnacle of animation as a medium.

Was it ever explained why Aang wasn't worried at all from killing Ozai when the invasion to the Fire nation happened? What was he expecting to happen? Only when Zuko tells him about that detail near the very end he freaks out.

I thought it was introduced fairly early on that he was staunchly against killing due to the culture of the wind tribe and that it came to bite him in the ass more than once.

It managed to beat The Sponge for a Kid's Choice Award that one time.

But then they ruined that reputation when they used the KCAs to promote The Last Airbender...

If they do make another Avatar I really want it to be about an Avatar who turns out to be an evil monster and an underground resistance of benders and non-benders coming together to stop them. Korra left them in the perfect position to do an evil Avatar by having her eliminate the entire lineage, effectively leaving her successor with only her for guidance.

>Was it ever explained why Aang wasn't worried at all from killing Ozai when the invasion to the Fire nation happened?
No it wasn't, so the dilemma itself seems rather silly. One way to interpret it is that Aang was willing to kill the Firelord if he needed to, but he chose to find a different way. I was fine with it honestly, but I think it could've been written a little tidier.

Yes, but not about killing Ozai.

Don't know, Avatar is still a kids show and i doubt having the MC as a villain would be good. But its a great idea for a spin-off

Depends on when it takes place.

Who says the Avatar would have to be the MC?

In our current time. Everyone uses Smartphones and want to take Selfies witht he Avatar

Considering how many generations took place between tla and korra, If we continued the trend then it would take place somewhere around the 70s.

It was, however, a central conflict of the finale itself and so hurts the finale, even if not the entire show.

I agree. I still thought the finale was great overall though. Old Masters was a 10/10 episode.

Jinora had a great design with so much wasted potential it hurts until today, same with Kai.

You also have to throw the ones paying for said show into the equation. As bad as Korra was, Nickelodeon did fuck them near the end of the series, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say that with the right support, the Brykes could pop out a decent show.

At least, that's what I tell myself.

It will go on forever, maybe have another spin-off in ten/twenty years or so.

It'll be the animation equivalent of Star Wars.

>the next Avatar is an Earthbender who owns a disco.
>he fights with dancing.
>his friends are his backup dancers.

We all know the money is in a prequel. So lets be honest, where else would they land on if they already did the first avatar? How about the only other avatar to get so much backstory and air time? Kyoshi mofuckas! Lets hope they can cultivate the same magic as The last air bender for a Kyoshi saga.

Doubt. Korra killed momentum and faith in the series, and, short of a bemenoth like Disney coming in and wanting to franchise it, it would never work.
There's no push in animation for that sort of thing. There's no behemoth of 2D. Japan is lots of little groups and the old 2D groups have fucked off, like Disney.

>As bad as Korra was, Nickelodeon did fuck them near the end of the series
In terms of airing, sure, but that doesn't excuse the poor writing. It's pretty clear by this point that Mike and Bryan are not good writers, and without Ehasz, TLA would've sucked.

>Korra left them in the perfect position to do an evil Avatar by having her eliminate the entire lineage, effectively leaving her successor with only her for guidance.
As opposed to Wan not getting the hang of this Avatar thing and the airbender after him being confused and volatile in the dawning of a new world versus one that is set in ways with support groups already in place in the form of nations firmly established - sure let's just blame Korra for more things and say she would be a terrible guide to the point where someone would deliberately be "evil."

Earthbender that's into Disco?

You'd think they'd be more into Rock

Or they could go the other way and explore some 'colonialism' story and there's more land than everyone thought there was.

Or I'd be fine with a story not centered on an Avatar. Maybe there's some firebender villain who has enough control fire to make it look like he manipulates the other elements as well and poses as the Avatar.

There's so much potential but that doesn't matter. It'll never be good again.

>Amon was right about everything and addressed a serious problem in the world and right around a technology revolution to give non-bending masses true equality with benders.
>Surrounded by mystery until the last minute psychic bloodbending hacks and crap backstory.
>Didn't give himself a real scar.

Amon deserved his own series.

>that season 2 deus-ex machina with her
why

>Avatar:The Last Airbender was a masterpiece and easily one of if not the best animated Cartoon ever created(Yeah including Japanese Cartoons).

This title belongs to Star vs the Forces of Evil and it's not even completed yet. How old were you when Avatar came out?

>Star vs
>Masterpiece
No. Just stop.

In my fanfic it's Avatar with a samurai champloo aesthetic (basically urban and hip hop) and the tenzin of the show is basically a flower child straight outta the sixties.

Pretty much. Avatar is a good show but Star Vs has it beat.

just let it die.

I do agree that a prequel would probably be the best option, but I propose a different idea.

focus on the 2nd avatar.
think about it. they would have to deal about no one even knowing what the avatar is, including the first reincarnation themself
also it could explore the creation of the 4 nations

>>Amon was right about everything and addressed a serious problem in the world
I am at the point where I can't tell if people seriously believe this in these threads anymore. He doesn't work in the setting of Avatar as it is but he is a good character on a personal level against an character who defined their life by their bending abilities such as Korra due to her upbringing.

I'm gonna need the source for that

This.

Marvel should buy the rights, and do in the current day and age.

>and without Ehasz, TLA would've sucked.
True.

>Amon was right about everything and addressed a serious problem

There is a whole episode in ATLA that says otherwise.

>This title belongs to Star vs the Forces of EvilMy sides please be bait

Anaxusart Tumblr/Rule 34

Thanks bruh

>That spoiler

We don't talk about that evil here.

>Amon was right

Benders didn't start discriminating against non benders until his dumbass started attacking benders.

I have idea about show set in futhure of avatar world. Everyone are in space and Earth is long forgotten due some spirits incedent. Now Earth is just a myth. Over the course of plot, protagonist finds Earth and it is just after end of Korra.

>didn't give himself a real scar
YEEEEEES
I'm glad I'm not the only one mad about that

This is the most retarded thing I've ever read.

>Korra left them in the perfect position to do an evil Avatar by having her eliminate the entire lineage, effectively leaving her successor with only her for guidance.
Not to mention that the Air Nomads have started becoming what is, essentially, world police.
An Avatar without a purpose would be a dangerous thing.

I'd watch it if Ehasz works on it.

What? Non-benders have been discriminated against all throughout ATLA and Korra, unless they held positions of power or were super strong.

Remember when that non-bending shop keeper got mugged by the mafia benders in front of everyone and nobody did anything till Korra showed up.

When the non-benders started defending themselves and Amon gave them the technology + training to be able to go toe-to-toe with the Benders, you know what the Benders did? Instead of being peaceful they chimped out, like always. It was always the benders starting wars since the beginning of time.

>This is what ATLA fans actually believe

It absolutely demolished the ending.

But the conflict of actually defeating the Firelord was ALSO solved with a SECOND asspull.

>The question is, will Nickelodeon be the one making it again?

More than likely. They were the ones who pushed for LoK to begin with. However, if it is Byrke who ultimately has the power to decide, then it's not going to happen. I'm fairly certain they said that they're done with Avatar.

You don't need prejudice to exist for the inequality to be there. When one group has superpowers and the other group doesn't, the inequality is inherent.

Aang not unlocking the Avatar State earlier on in season 3 was just a plot convenience. Otherwise he would've been too OP. I fully expected it to be fixed by some lucky bullshit in the final fight. It's hard to say how they else they could've resolved that after they wrote themselves into that corner.

Either way, Aang still needed to master the four elements and the Avatar State to defeat the Firelord, so it's not like he didn't put the work in to deserve that victory if you know what I mean. It's a plot convenience, but I can forgive it basically.

>Remember when that non-bending shop keeper got mugged by the mafia benders in front of everyone and nobody did anything till Korra showed up.
Because they were the Mob, and this was a 1920's setting. Not because he could or couldn't bend.

>Either way, Aang still needed to master the four elements and the Avatar State to defeat the Firelord
No? He would have kicked Ozai's ass with the Avatar State in episode one.

The fact that he couldn't bend is what made him a defenseless target.

The mobs targeted nothing, but non-benders. Amon and the leader even confirmed it after they got caught by the Equalists.

>He would have kicked Ozai's ass with the Avatar State in episode one.
He had no control over it in episode one. The Avatar State gives him the power and knowledge of previous Avatars, but he had very limited capability of fully controlling and utilising that power. It's the whole reason why he didn't try that in 'The Avatar State.'

youtube.com/watch?v=dD6rhRs4mNk
>They target him because they were the mob.
>Not because he could or couldn't bend.
>Lightning Bolt Zolt made his fortune extorting and robbing Non-benders with his gang.
What mate?

>The mobs targeted nothing, but non-benders.

That just seems stupid. Why limit yourself?

Aang supposedly had to let go of Katara to gain control of the Avatar state. Yet his feelings and behavior towards her don't change at all.

If more than two-thirds of the population were in wheelchairs and you were not, why would you go after the ones who could fight back?

'let go of' does not mean that Aang isn't allowed to love her. It's merely the ability to control those desires and be able to detach yourself from them. Do you think the Dalai Lama does not love people?

An Avatar series set in the future wouldn't be too boring. I'd imagine there would be more than just the four nations, Republica as a neutral state and that metalbendig city for instance.

Well, being a big 'ol mobster that I am, because I'm likely still stronger or outnumber than the guy who can fight back. Their money is just as good as the cripples'.

If you're going to bring up that plot point as core to Aang being able to win, then you need to actually follow up on the consequences. Have him forced to choose between doing something for Katara and doing something for the world.

Just like his no-killing dilemma, Aang just coasts along with all conflict moving out of his way.

It's risk/reward. There is zero reason to go after higher-risk targets when there are WAY more targets that can't fight back.

In this case, saving the world and being with Katara are not mutually exclusive. I do agree with what you're saying though; Aang does not sacrifice much throughout his journey and it is a criticism I have with the series.

Bahahaha, oh user, you're so funny...

Let it go. It's over. It's not a living organism, it was a story and it's done.

Despite being a big mobster, you'll make easier score and put more fear into the person you robbed so you don't get caught if you target them again.

If you run a big mob organization, going after targets who can defend them self can lead to trouble for your men. Risk + Reward

In the most likely case though, the reward outweighs the risk. Just because someone can fight back doesn't mean they can fight back well. Especially when me and my two to four cohorts are better fighters, and have the psychological/intimidation edge in our favor.

Just because someone can fight back doesn't mean the will. Likewise, just because someone can bend doesn't mean they know how to use it in a combat scenario. Or would even have the balls to try and resort to using it as such. Bending or no, betas are all the same. It's complete idiocy to exclusively hustle non-benders when the majority of benders are likely just as easy.

Never. I'll be bitter about Korra until I die and I will continue to dream of better sequel and prequel seasons.

Non-Benders don't have the ability to fucking shock your ass to death with lightning, or remove the air from your lungs, or trap you underground preventing you from doing anything, or fucking blood control you.

Man you're really dumb user. I don't want to sound insulting but if you're this dense and incapable of understanding why a criminal (or anyone) would prefer to go after a weaker target over a stronger one with no notable difference in reward then there's just no hope.

I pray you never find yourself lost in the wild.
>Why should I only hunt deer? Bear meat is just as good, I'll go hunt one of those instead.

Why would I go rob a man with an AR15 instead of the man who owns a butter knife?

Hey, bear meat is good though.

>Korra is just so fucking shit she drives her reincarnation evil

Makes sense honestly

I mean, ATLA was overall very good (not a masterpiece), Book 2 however was something special. That was up there. Book 1 and 3 were just 'above average' good. Still very much worth your time, but not book 2.

>What next?
Well Korra destroyed both the past and present of the series. In the past, they basically had well animated midichlorians and spiritual shit (part of which remains unwritten to this day) which has really damaged the mythological and fantasy side of the setting. In the future, you've got the Republic city tech which advanced waayy too fast (because they needed non-benders to fight back but couldn't have guns) which has again stifled what they could do. And of course Korra herself.

What the world really needs is a universe reset at this point, Korra fucked up far too much to just have a prequel solve things.

>Avatar will be good again once they reboot it in an avatar style cyberpunk or space opera style future setting

I swear to god you cyberpunk fags will call for anything to be rebooted to just 'rainy Japanese neon city' just to get more ambient rain noises. Avatar tried higher tech, it didn't work because the settings skill is in medieval/early modern fantasy.

>used the KCAs to promote The Last Airbender...

>We don't talk about that evil here.

w-what

For someone who lost all his people and everyone he ever cared about, I think Aang might have suffered enough.

>'rainy Japanese neon city'
nah, i want fun again when watching avatar. the Higher tech in korra was nice and creative up to the stupid mechas.
If they don't overdo it it could be something really nice. i would prefer a space opera though
Just imagine:
>a group of benders of all sorts travelling the solar system working as mercenaries, astroid miners, scientists, delivery guys
>you see how different planets are gradually being terraformed with the aid of various bending techniques
>we see how different planets and environments influence bending (for example firebenders are god tier on mercury, waterbenders rule the moon europa, metallbenders generally control the asteroid belt and are therefore once again the richest and most influential group)
>we get completely new revelations about the nature of the avatar universe (does the spirit realm only exist on earth? who created the earth in this universe?...)
>giant space lion turtles and elder gods
>Toph is still alive (she's now just a brain in a vat; metalbending her robotic body)
>the new avatar is in this setting literally useless (even more than korra) and he has to learn how to deal with that fact

They could always do an alternate universe.

After Aang died you could have somebody who wasn't Korra pop into the world.

You could even redo Amon entire revolution with him being an energybender.

A sequel series that retcons all of Korra? Sounds good to me. It'll never happen, but just imagine the reaction, especially if Mike and Bryan aren't involved. It would be glorious.

Who owns the rights? Is it Nick?

They could do it without Bryke if that's the case

>we see how different planets and environments influence bending (for example firebenders are god tier on mercury, waterbenders rule the moon europa, metallbenders generally control the asteroid belt and are therefore once again the richest and most influential group)

which benders will claim which territory Sup Forums?

Viacom owns the rights, so they can do whatever they want with the franchise. Which makes me question why they allowed Mike and Bryan to be the head writers of LOK in the first place.

>quoting someone without posting a link to the source

OP is as usual a faggot.

>>Avatar:The Last Airbender was a masterpiece and easily one of if not the best animated Cartoon ever created(Yeah including Japanese Cartoons).
No.
At its best it barely reach Bleach filler level.

>Set a few avatars after Korra
>After Korra subsequent avatars have been less directly involved in politics and mostly out of the public eye, such that while most people know the avatar exists, no one is sure how many there have been since Korra and no one knows which tribe they're due an avatar from next
>First avatar born in republic city to non-bending parents
>A bit of a loner, mostly plays with imaginary friends eventually revealed to be the kid forms of past avatars

Hooray for autistic fan fiction.

You're either
a) baiting
b) a contrarian, or
c) a genuine retard

Take your pick.

Sounds like garbage.