QUINTILIUS VARUS WHERE ARE MY EAGLES!?

QUINTILIUS VARUS WHERE ARE MY EAGLES!?

Who else had to skip the episode where David Schwimmer shows up as a Praetorian Guard?

>it's an Augustus wanders around his palace aimlessly whining about "muh legions" episode

I feel like those were most of them later in his life.

Augustus why you don't look like Augustus?

Cast this today

Paul Giamatti as Claudius

The (first) book is one of my absolute favorites of all time. I only found out about the tv series a few years ago. Should I watch it or will it disappoint? Also how do they handle the meta nature of the books? Does Claudius do voiceover or what?

Christian Bale

Derek Jacobi as old Claudius

KEK

It's hilarious how Jacobi today looks absolutely nothing like him with old person make up in the show

Mark Rylance as Augustus
Catherine O’hara As Livia
go from there

Tom Hardy as Caligula

Tom hanks

All I know is:

>Liam Neeson---Augustus
>Michael Shannon---Tiberius
>pic related as Caligula
>

IS THERE ANYONE IN ROME WHO HASN'T SLEPT WITH MY DAUGHTER?

Yes, Claudius narrates quite often. The series is simply amazing. Plus, it's free on youtube, so why not give it a try?

Was so happy when I found out my library had this

>Paul Dano as Caligula
Fuck. Role of a lifetime.

I love this stuff, what is /historicaldrama/core? I want British stage actors and real events. I watched Rome, Tudors, Wolf Hall, Borgias (both versions), Claudius, basically everything netflix tier. What should I watch next? American btw so act like I’m know nothing of BBC.

Bump? Anyone?

(You)

will we ever see a female character as based as Livia again lads??

I CLAV DIVS, fuck me this show was fucking fantastic, i often wonder how much of what is portrayed actually happened.

I haven't watched that show, but i can say that period of History was one of the most interesting in all of human history. It's basically the standard era to which all others are measured.