Maturity is realizing that the (ORIGINAL) The Office (BRITISH) tv show (BBC) is superior to the discount american...

maturity is realizing that the (ORIGINAL) The Office (BRITISH) tv show (BBC) is superior to the discount american knockoff

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gO8N3L_aERg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if it was so good why wasnt it longer m8

it's just more realistic

Well that's just wrong

>discount american
Dawn is never hotter than Pam in any season. Also no Angela, no Jan, no Karen, no Isabel.

pam is a fat boring cunt

childhood is thinking that Pam is best girl
Adulthood is realizing it's karen

Who fucking cares. Neither show has been relevant in a decade.

>BBC
What did he mean by this?

This guy Jennas.

Although I'll concede Dawn has mutant abilities. Also, she looks like mutant.

Michael is way more funnier than david

US version would be on a par if only it had ended sooner. Early season 5 you started to see the decay, Steve Carell didn't seem to want to be there any more and the writers didn't know where else to go.

American office wouldn’t be so bad if Normies didn’t think it was the greatest thing ever.

what a ridiculous opinion.

Yeah, and that's why we love her. I'd fuck fat Pam with exuberant glee and honor.

Why do you let the opinions of others bother you so much

You took me by the hand

Mommy Pam is a beautiful fertility goddess

you know pam
in spain they dont even start eating til midnight

MADE ME A MAAAN

imagine Meredith's mud flaps!

the truth is they're both cringeworthy bullshit, but at least one of them doesn't have Ricky Gervais on it

>BBC is superior to the American knockoff
Damn right

the american one tries to make the characters too likeable when the whole point is that they are all awful

ONE NIGHT!(one night)

It's hilarious how Americans can never look at themselves in the mirror like this.
It's why half of them are fat as shit.

Pam and Jim totally ruin the series for me. It's good when its focusing on Michael, not on them. They circlejerk each other.

Why do Jim and Pam get a free pass to be terrible human beans?

>dumb Chad
>fat Stacy
Why do you think?

Some shows are better off with a short run, i.e darkplace

But Jim wasn't a Chad at all, he was a little bitch when Roy confronted him and had to be saved by Alpha Dwight

He didn’t have time to react. If Dwight was a true alpha he would have let Jim defend himself instead of using a woman’s self defense tool.

>He didn’t have time to react
>but somehow had enough time to push Karen to safety and then cower in fear
Jim get out of here

would you mind explaining why?

I already know that americanlets can't stand up to the superior BBC The Office version

The British one is a very good mockumentary comedy. The American one is a very good American-style sitcom.

Who was in the wrong here?

Jim was an ass

Wow what an asshole

Dwight is a saint for never murdering Jim when he easily could have.

Reminder: Jim did this because all Dwight did was call the snowing outside a dusting

m-mommy

Jim deserved to get rekt for that. It was such a dick move for no reason.

What the fuck was his problem?

No, you only achieve real maturity when you start to like Sammy Haggar's Van Halen

aging was a mistake

the office was better for more seasons than the office existed although it was also worse for more seasons than it existed

To love Pam is to always love Pam

Love suffers long and is kind. It is not proud. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. And now these three remain: Faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

accidentally posted wrong shoop

I think the problem is that the bleak, almost hopeless tone of the original was lost during about season 3. The idea that the workers were pretty much in a dead end job is lost as it became more about the cringe and humor. The depressing tone was just completely gone in later seasons. Not to say that 3-4 and some of 5 weren't great, but it's two distinctly different shows.

That was the emotional bounce back after 9/11. That's why everyone stopped caring about Battlestar Galactica's ending.

I meant that that the bleak tone from the UK version was lost in the US version by later seasons. I realize now that my wording might've been a little unclear.

/thread

If the series was going to continue and not have a semi-rotating cast, they had to show some optimism. I have no insight, but my guest the English don't deal with the "Peter Principle" of being promoted to your level of incompetence as much as American do. Michael, opposed to Brent, makes more sense. He's a natural salesman and people person, he's just developmentally arrested and never had much affection from his friends, family and especially his dad. Really makes me sad.
David, compared to Michael, is actually less tragic, because Michael is shown to be perfectly aware of his nature, while David continues to delude himself, especially if you consider this abomination canon.

>Emily! You're not going to believe this but there's another SadJenna thread.

Why are you the way that you are

Kill them, Jen. Kill them both.

>Stay away Jenna. Last warning.

I will eat her heart

karen is better

overrated whore tbqh

You stay away. You're not welcome. Go back to your little pretentious, incestuous country. He's my jim.

overrated who? karen or pam?

karen
karen's hotter but pam has the better personality

You sure?

>Jims never done a desk pop

10/10 A fine addition

>no tits
>no hips
>no ass
Cute face. I'd love to take her out for a night in New York City, cum all over her face, ditch her in New York and then go back to Scranton and take Pam's anal virginity.

All women are overrated.

>Listen Jenna. This isn't cute or funny. He's mine.

You have an office AND a workspace?

MINE

Defend this, Jimcucks

>defend this
youtube.com/watch?v=gO8N3L_aERg

The American Office Is Bing Bong Theory Tier

So is this whole jenner fischer creepy thing true? If so, how hasn't the media caught onto it yet?

What does this even mean?
Because riley's rampage of samurai-trained katana attacks in Scotland are dominating the 24 hour news cycle

It's a sitcom on par with Bing Bong show. The british office is good.

>no tits

you blind brah

Are you implying TBBT isn't good?
>he doesn't analyze the intricacies of the show, ultimately Chuck Lorre's mind
>he doesn't know about TBBT hidden canon and TBBT deep lore

Move along

Dwight's consistently a douche, and it's enjoyable to watch him get knocked down a peg.

fuck you, james!

indeed

British media portraying everybody as irredeemable shit 24/7 gets grating after a while. God forbid people want to see the best in each-other and themselves and make an attempt at a positive, un-ironic existence unburdened by the crippling cynicism from underclass that was too cowardly to emigrate out of their shitty island.

That's Mrs. James Halpert, thank you

This is something I've never understood about British shows.

Show a happy ending and some optimistic-escapism every now and then. Who wants to leave their shitty job, go home to their run down "flat" and watch something that makes you feel worse?

>watch something that makes you feel worse
Culturally depressed assholes who only enjoy snark and schadenfreude.

It's so sad. I want to tell any UK anons out there, that it's okay to feel happiness.

Have you been to modern Britain? Can't say I completely blame them.

I went with my parents in the mid-90s when I was like twelve-ish, don't remember shit other than it was really cold and I got my dad to buy me a bowler hat because I was in my Kubrick phase.
I guess it says something if getting a hat was the most memorable part of visiting the UK

This is the kind of amerimutt retardation that's led to the rise of terrible post sincerity shite on tv all the time. Just go fuck David Foster Wallace's fossilized cock already. Vice principals and Daria do this kind of shit right though so they get a pass and I prefer Rick and Morty when it pulls it's head out of it's sentimental ass.

There's nothing inherently wrong with portraying melancholy and shows that focus on bland realism, but that doesn't make them any more superior than shows with feel-good escapism and happy endings. Some of us don't like watching stuff that makes us feel like shit.

i DO i DO
you know i just cant create in the same space where i work
im sure... youre the same with your doodles
he he he

enjoy freedom, success and liberty, and you can enjoy the office

EMILY. THIS AINT OVA.

As I said, it can be done right, but there's this idea that it's easy and it's not. It comes off especially cheesy when fumbled. American office is fine what I saw of it, but watching the uk office recently for the first time, it's to see why it blew up.