5 years ago

>5 years ago

Motherfucker lookin' like a Butt-Ugly Martian

still my favorite

5 years ago i was such a casual, my first response was "Is that a red Skrull?"

Could be worse. I remember some of you anons telling me they heard people say he was Hellboy.

Guy behind me in the theater started screaming "Yeah Yeah Yeah Galactus Yeah!"

Red skull infused by the Blue tesarect energy, turning him to Purple face.

>Spider-Man got rebooted twice in the meantime

>"Is that a red Skrull?"
Are you from Illinois? I remember hearing some dude say that in the theater I was at and had to double take.

I remember hearing some wanker yell out that it was a Sentinel and that it was confirmation that the X-Men movies would crossover, too.

How could a casual know what a red Skrull, or even a Skrull, is?

FUCK YEAH, BRAINIAC!

Everybody knows the Red Skrull, he's Captain Amerikree's arch-enemy.

Okay I'll give you that.

I remember getting a text from my sister asking "Who is this cherry faced man?"

>>Watching Civil War.
>>Crossbones on screen.
>>People behind me "Who's that?"
>>"It's Loki"
>>"That ain't Loki"
>>"It's Loki"
>>"Where's his staff?"
>>"It's Loki"

>Loki

...the fuck?

I lost 30,000 men in the blink of an eye

First 3d movie I ever saw, still love it.

I almost wonder if they revealed Thanos too early. I feel like the hype has become so monumental for the final film that I doubt they can live up to it.

Like, Thor, Vision, Hulk, Scarlet Witch and maybe some super tricked out Iron Man feel like the only ones who have a shot at damaging Thanos, but even then Thor lost Mjolnir (at least for now), and Vision will die when the stone is taken out. The hell are characters like Black Widow, Falcon, Hawkeye, etc gonna do?

Then you got the problem of Thanos sitting on that chair for years on end. I remember an article asking why Thanos wasn't in Civil War, which felt so ridiculous.

Then there's the thing where people are insistent that he destroys Xandar and Asgard to get those gems before he heads to Earth for the final few stones. Which means you'll have two entire films of the heroes just preparing for Thanos' arrival, and that just sounds lame. Infinity Wars should be a treasure hunt film where the heroes break up into teams and go after each stone, but the Vision/Wanda fight we're seeing being shot gives me the feeling they won't go that route.

Man, I don't know how they're going to pull off Infinity Wars.

I'm still trying to figure that one out. It's either
>>A) Marvel's terribly fast exposition which does tend to happen (See Age of Ultron)
>>B) Rumlow left little impression during Winter Soldier
>>C) People just assume that the Marvel universe is smaller than it is.

Keep in mind, the same woman behind me who said "That ain't Loki" kept asking who Ant-Man was.

Also, a friend of mine asked if Hela was Selene, which was kind of funny too.

>Man, I don't know how they're going to pull off Infinity Wars.
This. Infinity Gauntlet only worked because of all the development of Thanos we'd seen over the years in Captain Marvel and Warlock.

>Watching Gaurdians of the galaxy
>Howard the Duck appears
>is that Donald Duck??

Marvel also has the problem of never going balls to the wall with their fights too. Like, ever since Man of Steel, Marvel seems terrified of letting any place get destroyed. I guess I could see Xandar blown up, but not something like NYC obliterated.
And since Marvel keeps trying to ground things in the real world, it's hard to destroy a real world location and then keeping that continuity for all future films. Let's say London was destroyed. That means no future MCU film can take place in London, London would have to be talked about as a tragedy, or they have to CGI a rebuilt London. The latter is not going to happen cause NYC looks exactly the same after the Avengers through the Netflix shows (Not canon joke here).

And even then, Movies never capture superheroics like the comics. In the comics, you can draw out the panels, but when you have it all on screen, it feels toned down. Quicksilver should have no problem being the absolute dominate character in both Marvel and FOX's universes. We've never seen a live action form of Dragon Ball Z of heroes causing massive atomic blasts of destruction. And I doubt that Thanos with the Gauntlet will be as awe inspiring as we hope, cause Widow and Hawkeye aren't just going to be obliterated by the first shockwave attack. In fact, I bet all the criticisms of Infinity Wars are going to be "Why doesn't Thanos just __________"

I'm seriously reminded of my dick everytime I see him.

Thanos isn't interesting enough to be built up over the course of like 40 movies.

Why doesn't he just shackle up with movie Dormammu anyway? what a poof

If they do Skrulls after Thanos, would everyone think that they're children of Thanos? They have the same chins.

> looks exactly the same after the Avengers through the Netflix shows
But wasn't the reconstruction of New York part of Kingpin's masterplan?
Thanos is plenty interesting, I can totally relate to his love for a waifu who doesn't care about him.

I always thought he was an albino Skrull as a kid, so that's actually kind of quaint.

I like him as much as the next guy but he only has 2 or 3 stories worth reading. He's also not being developed enough. With them introducing all these big players, I'm expecting Thanos Quest. Corvus Glaive being there makes me think they won't, and they'll just go for the final fight of Hickmans Infinity with the MacGuffin glove of plot-power.

>who are these guys?
>it's Thanos
>but there's so many of them.
>probably cloned himself or they're his children.
>isn't Thanos pink though? these guys are green.
>Thanos was purple.
>maybe they're clones of the Hulk?
>I think it's Thanos, but they're cheap knock offs which is why they're green.

I can actually see this conversation playing out with some people in theater seats.

>But wasn't the reconstruction of New York part of Kingpin's masterplan?
Yeah, but everything looked EXACTLY the same. If you rebuild buildings, they're not going to look the same cause new standards.

I kind of hope the finale of Infinity Wars will be in Space. If Thanos can trash other planets so easily, why would he have trouble blowing up Earth? And with teh whole "No civilians die" rule, I doubt they would level a city.

let's not kid ourselves; it would make more sense than their comic origins desu

>their comic origins
>they're just another alien race
>makes more sense then being a bunch of children of/clones of Thanos

The fuck?

Are you okay?