Star Trek

>Star Trek
>CHECK
>Star Wars
>CHECK
Which long-standing franchise will J.J. "Langolier" Abrams irrevocably ruin next?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/jj-abrams-portal-half-life-movies-still-in-development-2016-9
youtube.com/watch?v=8pM7Xwx6TiE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dubs and berserk

Star Wars was already ruined with the prequels and Star Trek was never good.

Dark Knight Episode 4: Dark Day

Let´s see, it has to be a movie or TV franchise, a very iconic one, that attracted white fat males, then, you should add a lot of """minorities""" into it, plus making a remake of the same story, but shittier, hmm...

Twin Peaks, perhaps?

JJ is the king of bland, unoriginal, but still watchable movies. There isn't a single movie he's made that I've really liked or outright hated

Terminator reboot starring John Boyega

Indiana Jones. Not memeing.

Aren't bland unoriginal movies automatically unwatchable. They almost are to me at this point. The first Startrek was decent, but god damn the second was bad.

I haven't seen Super 8, how bad was that?

Half Life

Silmarillion

Mission Impossible 3 was good, although I'll give based Philip Seymour Hoffman most of the credit for that.

Everything else he directed was shit.

Super 8 was decent. Nothing original but it was competently made

>I haven't seen Super 8, how bad was that?
Like a shitty, forgettable mashup of The Goonies and Stranger Things.

Half life and Portal

businessinsider.com/jj-abrams-portal-half-life-movies-still-in-development-2016-9

it would not surprise me if they make a reboot of Avatar the Last airbender with him as the director. As shitty as the movie adaptation of Shyamalan version was i think the original show still has many fans

Pern
Mistborn
Redwall
Lensmen
Foundation
Perry Rhodan

Alien

This, it was actually well done, but it comes in a time where the content just doesn't overshine the hype of everything else. It is like a rerun of older movies.

Godfather reboot

>Stranger Things
>came out years before Stranger Things
Are you serious

Kind of hilarious. Its really damning with faint praise. History wont even remember mediocre directors.

At least some trashman like Brett Ratner or Adam Sandler might be remembered for their bad movies. Poor JJ. Only remembered for making derivative uninspired "meh" movies.

>DC Hires JJ Abrams to Write and Direct Justice League Sequel

What a hack! Not a single idea that came from him. J.J. 'The Man Who Killed Original Ideas' Abrams.

Yeah m8 I watched it when it came out and forgot about it. Now when I think about it is is literally just like thinking of an episode of stranger things...

Shitty 80's feel, bunch of no name kids (at the time) and one actual renowned actor. The difference is I don't want to watch shitty super 8 again but I do want to watch stranger Things season 2. Not even the guy you responded to just think he's sort of right.

LOTR remake.

Super 8 felt like a Steven Spielberg movie. Then again he was one of the producers. JJ wrote it, but he either copied elements of SS's stuff or SS had a heavy hand in the making directly.

>Star Wars was already ruined with the prequels
Fuck off Plinkett fanboy

>Star Trek was never good.
you can die a slow death now faggot

Lord of the Rings.

He must complete the beloved "nerdy" trifecta of Star Wars, Star Trek, and Lord of the Rings.

Neck yourself.

that was a close one

Imagine being this contrarian. What was your favorite part of the prequels? Dexter Jettster's 1950s diner? Jar Jar stepping on the poopy? Are you one of those people that posts "at least the prequels did something original!" Making terrible movies is hardly original.

Stargate.

Maybe he enjoyed the expansion of the SW universe. You know, instead of treading old ground

In b4 Amazon hires him for their Lord of the Ring diversity shitfest

Boy I sure did love it when they went to that desert planet. Or when they blew up that giant enemy base with their ships. Or when the old mentor dies and there's a lightsaber duel. What's great about the previous 3 sentences is that they apply to both Phantom Menace and The Force Awakens.

... So you are telling me, in your mind, That the Phantom Menace is like A New Hope?

Yes. It didn't tread new ground, just copied the same story beats and the original trilogy. The books, cartoons, and games did more for the expansion of the SW universe than the movies did. For better and for worse.

He is the only one that can save the fast and furious franchise.

do you honestly want that answer....

* Willow *
* Mash *

and a scary talk about "they live" reboot

fuck off shill

Mobile Suit Gundam

There is a fine line between what they did with TPM and what they did with TFA. One is literally almost a retelling of ANH.

S.A.S. motto
>Who dares wins
S.A.S. unofficial motto
>The seven P's - proper planning & preparation, prevents piss-poor performance
>Check and test, check and test
This is why I don't watch anything by J.J. Abrams

Not the user you have been replying to, but this post is horse shit. And even then the prequels also include TCW and ROTS. And those definitely tread new ground and expanded upon the SW universe, regardless of how shitty you think they are. All indicators so far about TLJ is that it's ANOTHER rehash of the OT.

dubs: jojo
trips: msg
quads: nge

super 8 is probably his best film but its not very good.
good start
terrible middle
nice credit sequence showing the kids actual super 8 movie

What the fuck? They're the same movie if you shuffled the scenes from ANH around and messed up the pacing.

Don't tell me you believe that. TCW gave us an unneeded reason why there are so many storm troopers and ROTS gave us a bunch of dead jedi.

>super 8 is probably his best film
Not saying much since it's basically a forgettable sci-fi remake of The Goonies.

By that patron I predict
>Star Gate

Why did you refer to him as "Langolier"?

Nobody gives a shit about Stargate.

He will ruin the same two again by merging them into one franchise.
You think so far us bad, wait until the jedi see the inside of the Enterprise

Newshit, go to reddit.

If he doesn't worm his way into Amazon's LotR, I bet he'll copy Spielberg again and make another movie version of The Twilight Zone.

hopefully Lord of the Rings with the Silmarillion

Making another Stargate movie would be a great way for a studio to lose money. I bet Sony will make it.

You are kidding right? You have to have some pretty gross simplifications to compare TPM to ANH. The simplifications don't have to be nearly so severe to see the similarities between TFA and ANH. The story being told in TPM was quite a bit different than ANH/TFA.

Xmen screencap this

Warhammer.
>space marines depicted as bumbling regards who crack quips every 5 seconds
>Mary sue psyker girl is revealed to be the prophesied chosen one who will replace the emperor
>chaos is a sexist, tyrannical organization that is run by horus in a wheelchair
>abbadon is a confused teenage chaos marine who fights the chosen one and gets BTFO

Langoliers eat the past, just like JJ eats established canon.

Anyone else can't stand this kike's face?

Abrams is a stain on the movie industry. He's like Spielberg if he had been an untalented studio yes man with no creativity.

Do we just forget he ruined that West World reboot as well

Langoliers are creatures that eat universes, jj also eats universes.

>First trailer has a Space Marine take off its helmet and it's a GURL Space Marine
>Sisters of Battle never mentioned
>Orks are generic murderkillers with no personality
>Emprah wills himself to die and pass on his power to Girl SM because reasons
>Girl SM kills Khorne in the second movie.
>Commissar is a pasty scrawny white guy who is racist
>Chaos Witch is present but actually a good guy who is just persecuted by the racists
Make it happen JJ.

and we got alot of MUH DIVERSITY

prepare yourself for Nigger Eldar

Indiana Jones

Yes, I completely forgot. Dude has a great track record of ruining everything I like.

RIP Michael Crichton. He would have hated that shit.

I will go on a suicidal rampage if this happens

>IG is a bunch of frat boys who get humiliated when they're showed up in shooting/fisticuffs/athleticism by Girl SM; it is never brought up that SM's are biologically enhanced to the Nth degree anyways.
>Tau are more blatantly Communist and their society is an enlightened utopia that openly accepts human refugees.
>Inquisitor is the main bad guy of the first movie; Girl SM has to stop him from genociding a planet's witch population
>Techpriest is SO NERDY and played by an awkward heartthrob with a British accent
>Slaanesh played by Rupaul
>Necron warrior teams up with Girl SM because reasons, memorable robot buddy catchphrases like "I detect a 99.848% chance of Mission Failure"

What could he possibly mess up?
>Eli appears as a force ghost
>Adrian Shephard has been living on an island this whole time
>Headcrabs have cartoon eyes

Planet of the Apes

To be fair, them retconning midichlorians is the least Jew thing he's done to the series.

digits and he goes on to have a successful career without ruining anything else

Tim Burton used to be the undisputed king of fuckin up reboots.

JJ is closing in.

Lord of the Rings : chapter 1, the flare in the galaxy
chapter 2, laser-beam from space
chapter 3, Sauron, rebirth of an Alien

Tim Burton's problem is that he's rich as fuck now and doesn't care about making a good movie anymore. Abrams never had any talent to begin with.

Hes gotta do transformers. its a natural evolution.

This thread is about the movies he could ruin, not the ones he could save

>Redwall
Don’t you dare utter that part of my childhood into the collective self conscious.

Burtons original films have usually been amazing but he can fuck up a reboot real quick with his "vision".

Calm down. Just because assholes make something new, doesn't mean you need to watch it.

youtube.com/watch?v=8pM7Xwx6TiE

GW already destroyed both WHFB and 40k. There's nothing left for anyone else to ruin.

how did thy ruin Warhammer 40k?

One big problem with NuBurton his new subject matter don't matchup with his aesthetic.