It's time to realize that Star Wars was never good. At least it's time for us adults

It's time to realize that Star Wars was never good. At least it's time for us adults.

le popular thing is bad meme

Nah, I kind of feel where he's coming from. I wasn't hyped at all for The Last Jedi. I'm not going to act like I didn't love Star Wars at one point, though. I have fond memories watching the George Lucas movies and playing both of the Knights of the Old Republic games. I think Disney killed this franchise.

More like take something that was popular and then proceed to butcher it infront of millions both old and new for a quick cash in.

>lol look at me being a contrarian now that Star Wars is more popular than ever I have to pretend I never liked it or else I'll get called a soyboy owned by Disney

See

The originals were pretty good movies for kids.

The only good one is Star Wars purely from the influence it has had on filmmaking.

for (you)

Yoda was a cringey puppet who spat out lame bumper sticker advise.
The vader father plot was just stupid and overcomplicated the simple campyness of the original. All the aliens look like shit. Making them all related was retarded. The series should have ended with the first one.b2 death stars. Emperor had no motivation for being evil. Everything was over with at the end of the first one. Even still the first had problems but no where near the later ones.

Prequel Yoda is a terrible character.

in the OT he was a crazy old coot who revealed himself to be a supreme Yogi or sensei. and his death caught everyone off guard by how mystical it was.

in the prequels he's just some guy who sits in a drum circle all day long then has a CGI fight so stupidly staged and animated that I could not believe what I was watching when I saw it. It like a Looney Toons cartoon.

But that's Disney. Just because Disney ruins everything doesn't mean Star Wars was never good. Overrated, sure, but not bad as a whole.

Well ANH, before it even had the subtitle and called Episove IV, was never meant to be part of a series. That's why.

Honestly they are only good if you saw them as a kid. All the people I know who only saw them once they were already adults think they are insanely dumb, and I can see why.

They were fun sci fi flix, with great SFX. The movies and their relevancy should have remained in the past. Like Flash Gordon. Not trotting its corpse out to be whored in the streets.

No shit
we already did this when tfa came out

>Star Wars never capitalized on the lives of the stormtroopers and their aesthetic in the movies
>they have the most identifiable and excellent aesthetics of the series

I understand the series is supposed to be a blatant good v. evil but this is just a missed opportunity.

The asshole star wars fans killed it. They pressured Lucas who got tired of the bs from manchildren.
At least with George it wasn't girl power and remakes.
>let's hope you don't choke on your aspirations
>that's not how the force works
>the force... *15 seconds later* Musu mode
>butthole eyes

Clone Wars Yoda is the best Yoda.

But he's saying that it was never good to begin with.

this argument makes no sense. he made Phantom Menace completely free from fan influence and large parts of it were still awful.

2 and 3 he mostly made completely to his vision too (he obviously cut whatever the fuck he was planning for Jar jar's story thank god)

George is not some infallible genius. He's a visionary the same way Steve Jobs is a visionary. The problem is he needs a Woz. or 50 of them....