Proof that Steven Universe is a love letter to kids that grew up in the 90s and early 2000s. I love this show

Proof that Steven Universe is a love letter to kids that grew up in the 90s and early 2000s. I love this show

>Tumblr the thread

>le 90s kidz

>Proof that Steven Universe is a love letter to kids that grew up in the 90s and early 2000s.

Kids in that era enjoyed violent cartoons and shit wasn't about feelings and crying.

they failed

>RPG
>N64
Fucking pick one. They're clearly just pandering and not paying homage to anything

Paper Mario was an RPG on the N64. And let's not forget Quest 64.

>2 games barely anybody played are representative of an entire consoles library
Ok a lot of people played paper Mario but quest 64? It'd be one thing to draw a console similar to an n64 but to outright have one in the show just screams
>look guise! We're such NERDS like you! Only 90z kidz will understand!

Written by mankids who never grew up in the '10s

Fuck you OP.
N64 is for wieners who never had money to afford a PS1.
Gumball did it better with its Metal Gear reference and the entirety of JRPG's

Kids in the 90s wanted traditional animation, extreme cartoons and surreal humor

it blew my mind when I played THPS 1 and 2 on my cousins dream cast and realized how gimped the n64 versions were. Fuck the n64 honestly, most overrated console in existence.
>b-but muh GOLDENEYE
The GCN was good though

>THPS
My nigguh!
Yea dreamcast and PS1 where truly bros in the gaming industry and made Nintendo to man the fuck up to disk based gaming.
Twisted Metal and Crazy Taxi was the shit for those also.

>Crazy Taxi
YA YA YA YA YA!

>Golf Quest is supposed to be FF7
>plays it on a n64 knock off
Sugar can't even get references right

DAY AFTER DAY

This. Even our comedy cartoons tended to be actiony. Look at Dexter's Lab, for example.

YOUR HOME LIFES A WRECK

THE POWERS THAT BE JUST BREATH DOWN YOUR NECK

I got the impression that it was a mashup of Legend of the River King (for mashing up an RPG with something as mundane as fishing) and FF6.

Granted, there actually was a golfing RPG in Japan, but I doubt anyone on the show's staff has ever heard of it.

YOU GET NO RESPECT
YOU GET NO RELIEF

YOU GOTTA SPEAK UP AND YELL OUT YOUR PIECE

I wish I could forget about Quest 64, what a piece of shit of game.

I was a 90s ki,d, we had ps1s and N64s, not this indie trash

the weird thing is they've been 100% accurate with their other game references
but it ultimately doesn't fucking matter

>SU and Rick and Morty bait threads are the new hotness
>this thread is probably made by the "wow that's so deep" guy

Is there a page where i can watch the 4th season episodes online? Cant find any torrents and kisscartoon is down

How can they go to such lengths of detail yet fuck up the basic fundamentals of shadows

Nintendo 64 is the reddit of consoles

Good job switching up your bait user, I'm proud of you

Try kimcartoon

>Animal Crossing and Wind Waker
Goddammit, I hate this fucking show but this image makes me smile.

>Muh action
Checked (twice), but Dexter's Lab and its ilk were all basically thematic Looney Tunes. And we liked it

thanks senpai

what you mean?

a love letter?
to kids?
That's sick and gross.
WTF I hate Steven Universe now

>Quest 64.
garbage ''cast the strongest spell'' to win, its not well made at all as an rpg

I grew up in the 90s and early 2000s. I hate this show. What went wrong?

I have only beaten 5 Zeldas but Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda I have beaten and of all time (so far) and I used to play Animal Crossing a lot on the Gamecube. I sadly never played the other Animal Crossing games

fuck you i was born in 3r world country the only console i have when i was a kid was game brick

bump

Us 90s/00s kids, huh?

Remember these obscure gems of consoles known as the N64 and Gamecube? So retro omg lol my childhood. I got 10000 karma from posting my old N64 console on /r/gaming!

Nintendo? More like GODtendo.

The fuck do you think I mean look at the shadows in the pic. Half of them are missing and the other half are fucked up

When people say "early 2000s", do they mean 2000-2003 or do they mean the entire 00s decade?

They usually used to mean the former, but now as we get farther and farther away from the 00s, I'm seeing more people using it to mean the latter (for instance, there was a video about 2006 makeup titled "Woman tries on early 2000s makeup")

>has a smartphone
>has an n64

It's pretty fucking retarded honestly. Is it supposed to be greg's n64 passed down to him? How would greg play one if he lived in a van?

Greg probably got it at a yard sale for five bucks.

Do you think Steven plays Banjo Kazooie?

>literally the only 2 RPGs on the N64

kisscartoon changed domain for .io

You know he had a Super Nintendo before and has a Gamecube now right?
Hell, he'll probably have a Wii by the time we get new episodes.

Baest console ever.
[Spoiler]those fucking tanks brah[/spoiler]

Greg didn't always live in a van. And it's not like all N64's magically vanished from the planet when the Gamecube came out. Greg could easily pick up a used one at a thrift store or something.

From the beginning of the series he's had an N64 and a Game Cube. Nothing has changed since then, except he has an original gameboy that he keeps in the bathroom for tetris on the shitter I guess