You now remember when Luke Skywalker represented all that is good, a hero through and through

You now remember when Luke Skywalker represented all that is good, a hero through and through.

youtu.be/1gpXMGit4P8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WytHmlDWEgk
youtube.com/watch?v=T5OnOTMJRhQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And now he’s been reduced to a Sloth tit-milking hermit who dies after he projects himself to another planet

I honestly believe that George Lucas is the reason this moment is so good.
The music helps, but the scene the music was written for is what inspired the songwriting.

>yfw some soyboy brought his wifes son to see star wars because he loved luke and then luke dies and the wifes son laughs at him

somewhere on earth this is guaranteed to have happened

jesus I like george but his editing team clearly made his movies great can you guys stop milking his tits for green milk for a second lol
I get it isn't uncool to hate on him before because he's gone now but jeez

It's time.

Jesus Christ I'm going to fucking cry. Luke was my hero as a kid and this new KIKE flick pretty much made it so it would have been better if Luke just stayed on his homestead moisture farming. Mary Sue would eventually be born anyway and destroy Sheev and Vader anyway. At least he'd probably free some qt slave girl and have a couple of kids. The Luke who gazed into the binary sunset longing for adventure is gone now anyway. Replaced with a qupping sociopath who tried to murder his nephew in his sleep because it was the easy way and then abandoned his friends only for Han to die and the New Republic to fall. Some old hermit who never even leaves his island and dies because he runs out of batteries. I'm not to the point of killing myself yet, but when I get there, I will do all in my power to ensure Kathleen Kennedy will die as well before I off myself. Screencap this

>but his editing team clearly made his movies
No?
His editors are terrible. Tatooine is the most visually apealling locale in Star Wars, and that bitch Marcia cut like 40% of the Tatooine footage out.
At least Lucas had the good sense to add the Biggs reunion scene in the special edition.

it’s his vision, and his direction. Stop trying to take away the accomplishments of the OT (especially ANH) away from George

>represented all that is good.
>Wanting to fuck your own sister.
My Man!

holy shit

kikes dont understand someone choosing to be good over evil. so they kill luke and make rey edgy and in love with a dark sider. ask yourself, have you ever met an inherently good jew?

God bless you user, I feel the same way. Just do not acknowledge those new movies, treat them like a "fan"fiction that they are

trips confirm, see you space cowboy

>spend 3 movies following the development of Luke from a whiny farmboy to a full-fledged Jedi who defeats the sith lords
>suddenly it's 30 years later and Luke has done pretty much nothing of value except fuck up and go into hiding
>Luke basically just exists to fill the role of a supporting character in the same capacity as Yoda in the OT
>2 of the 3 main characters get killed off in the movies, god kills off the last one IRL

So what the hell was the whole point of the original trilogy? Did anything that happened in those movies even matter?

Why do I still care so much about some shitty sci-fi flicks? If I was over them like I tell myself, I would be laughing instead of on the verge of tears. I hate being no better than the faggot redditors and wookiepedia editors I make fun of.

they want to kill off the OT, make everyone forget it, they cant run their "Empire/first order is white supremacist" narrative if the OT rebellion was all white too

Glad I never cared about Star Wars.

That whiny little shit? He don't represent nothing but slacking off over at that there Toshi Station.

From yesterday's script leak thread:

>There’s something deeper going on. This shit doesn't work at the basic archetypal, Jungian level the original Star Wars narrative operates on. These things were good movies for children because they were based on the structure and themes of ancient myths and classic fairytales. That's why they worked. Now they're pure (((deconstructionist))), post-modern anti-Western pop shit for the consumerism-brainwashed masses.
>The deconstruction of the original narrative, the killing of the Hero, is absolutely deliberate. It is an act of cultural warfare.

he was just a space redneck in the first movie. You fucktard prequel tards here barely remembered who he even was pre force awakens nignog recruiting.

Kathleen hates families, what else is new?
t. disney shill

youtube.com/watch?v=WytHmlDWEgk

Uncle Owen I'm just laying away at the power converter, why you treating me like a scruff nerf herder?

I guess Mel Brooks, but that's more exception than rule.

OP's scene is a great lesson in how less CGI is more. How much CGI could possibly be required to film a sunset or two guys walking into a bar? There's so much emotion conveyed in this scene that has nothing to do with trying to dazzle the audience with eye candy.

This is a pseud post. Of course CG isn't needed for Tatooine. But Star Wars has plenty of planets that need SFX to be brought to life.
Also, not sure how this ultra wide shot of Tatooine was achieved, but there was probably some digital manipulation, and it looks great.

It's not like the tunsinian desert is populated or anything, they probably CGI's one of those towers or two, along with the ship.

whats crazy is kathleen was around for pretty much the whole original trilogy and some how nothing rubbed off.

Doesn’t that make Luke a more complex character than the cliche all-good hero? It also shows the change from a rebellious, adventurous and visionary youth to the bitterness of getting old and having to face the real world, including getting some of your hopes and beliefs crushed. It’s not necessarily bad tbqh

Good thing there were 2 other movies between then and the new trilogy. See if you find any of this youtube.com/watch?v=T5OnOTMJRhQ Luke in the new movie.

Based user! Fuck Disney and Kethlyn Kennedy!

The house looks like CGI too

Because we love the OT (or at least 2/3 of it) and we hate how Disney is pumping out souless cashgrabbing flicks.

Just don't give them any money and we can fight the good fight, my dear fellow user!

Underage fag thinks Biggs Darklighter was SE

user, Luke had plenty of complexity in Empire Strikes Back. You don't have to be a bitter, morally questionable person to be "complex," that's a Jewish lie.

Do you honestly think that's what I meant?
Why would you assume that I couldn't tell that it's really 1976 Mark Hamill in that scene?
Did you think I thought it was CG Mark Hamill?

With Han and cokehead i mean Leia dead IRL and Luke dying in this next film will episode 9 have any chance at drawing an audience? Yeah theres Chewie but hes not much without Han

You think it wasn't in the theatrical cut in 77. You think they're not nationalizing currencies in the central systems

>You think it wasn't in the theatrical cut in 77.
But it wasn't.

NOTHING ON THIS FUCKING IMAGE IS REAL!!!!

>shows the change
It doesn't show shit? It's just a complete 180 change that's not informed by the character he previously was shown to be or anything in this new trilogy. TLJ sounds worse than TFA.

>Luke had plenty of complexity in Empire Strikes Back
How so? His personality was pretty fucking bland in the OT. He was the exact archtype of the innocent hero. Making Luke turn to bitterness in his old age is not a bad way to add some depth to his character.

Innocent heroes are not "bland," OP. Neither are exact archetypes. Get a grip.

>that's not informed by the character he previously was shown to be
Do you honestly think the that personality of a man can’t change at all from his early 20s to his late 60s?

So how was Luke complex? Because he struggled with the fact that Vader was his father for a few minutes?

If this is so deep and meaningful what the fuck is milking the tit sloth supposed to represent?

So, would the new trilogy had been better or worse if they had tried to adapt the Yuuzhan Vong, or something similar to it?

Better. Never got the hate for the Vong. The story ends with Return of The Jedi, so why not have the epilogue go full horror wacky insane?

How he desires to return to the time when everything was young and innocent, which is represented by the tit sloth interpreting a mother providing milk to his child. This should be obvious if you know anything about film analysis

The sadness he has over the course of the whole film is complex. From the very moment he enters Yoda's planet, he shows that he constantly doubts isolating himself to go on a lone adventure instead of being around for his rebel crew. He knows he wants to do good, but is seeking a lone, spiritual improvement really a better option than fighting the evil empire and protecting who he loves? Which will have a better effect on the world? It's almost impossible to judge. He's in an internal conflict but it's only because he's trying to figure out what is the best of intentions.

This is honestly the bare minimum and the most obvious human reaction given the circumstances. That doesn’t make him complex. It just doesn’t make him a complete robot.

At least OG trilogy Luke will always be best boy.

Are you slow? My point is you can't write a character completely differently without any relation to what he was shown to be like, and then think he's "complex" and it "shows change" because youth also get disillusioned in reality. If Luke suddenly wanted to be referred to as female pronouns and cut his dick off years ago, would you say the same thing? Eh, people change. This link to reality is irrelevant to what makes a complex character or what well done characterization is.

>I honestly believe that George Lucas is the reason this moment is so good.
maybe because he was the fucking director

All I have to do to keep it that way is not watch Disney bullshit so what’s the problem?

larry david?

really makes you think

>Alec guiness talking to a young star wars fan.txt

I remember just a few months ago we were having "Luke is the coolest Star Wars character" threads
the times sure have changed

>will episode 9 have any chance at drawing an audience?

The obese YAAAAASSSS QUEEN SLAY and REYLO OTP XDD and KYLO IS SOOOOO HAWT >w< tumblrwhales will still go see it. Though maybe the fact that the black character is still nothing more than a punchline might turn them away too.

>going to fucking cry
>star wars
>kike
this is the current state of /soy/

I've come to the conclusion Star Wars is meant to be a collaborative effort

>f Luke suddenly wanted to be referred to as female pronouns and cut his dick off years ago
That’s completely different from working from an observable phenomenon: lots of people get disillusioned as they grow older and lose their young hopes and dreams on the way. It’s not exactly hard to believe if it already happens in the real world.

Some of you are alright. Don’t go to Burbank tomorrow.

>digital manipulation
it's just a painting that the actual photography is composited with.

I've come to the conclusion that a writer-director makes or breaks a movie more than anyone else involved.

Getting fucked by Spielberg on set doesn't turn you into a good star Wars franchise manager

>queer-gone gin is ok training someone with dark side potential
>kenobi accepts to train anakin despite council protests
>kenobi also accepts to train luke, many years later after anakin's fall, in the force
>yoda is willing to train luke despite the above
>luke is willing to forgive his father, who killed YOUNGLINGS, even during an intense duel where he went full aggro
>now: luke somehow has no hope in kylo ren and even wants to kill him in his fucking sleep

I know you Disney shills/interns are here right now. Please justify the characterization Luke in this movie.

I feel ya mate, I always thought it was disappointing everyone prefered Han Solo but I always thought luke was my favorite character.

>sweatguytowel.jpg

Cruisin' Mos Espa in my DeLorean. War's over, I'm a peacetime Mandalorian

More like Cuke Skywalker.

they cant, no one can. its a hitjob on our cultural icons. this movie is gonna show who is truly brainwashed and who isnt. the ones who enjoy it are lost, the ones who dont... stick around them

>Luke was my hero as a kid
Blame your whore single mother and lack of a real father figure.

This is a feeling I know all too well.

I'm really going to enjoy when normies start talking shit about the sequels, but really not enjoy when sequel apologism starts

>this movie is gonna show who is truly brainwashed and who isnt. the ones who enjoy it are lost, the ones who dont... stick around them

Because you end up with stuff like midchlorians and light saber joda?
Because Larry Kasdan is the guy to blame for those and Lucas was opposed.

>but muh rlm parotting

it's just outright contradiction user, there isn't even any reason given for this development (the real reason is they didn't take his actual character into consideration)

>Cuke

Cute Skywalker :3

delete this

> a hitjob on our cultural icons

That's, unironically, exactly what this is.

I clapped when yoda fought dooku and palpatine

>yoda fought dooku
I unironically liked this.
>and palpatine
This was a mistake though.

The vong are too Star Trek and don’t fit into the overall universe well.

yoda vs palpatine was based.
ian mcdiarmid being comically evil is really entertaining, like the way he laughs and all of his mannerisms. it's fun.

Duh, they're from a different galaxy.

You know, I don't really agree.

Think about it: Everyone's hopes were utterly crushed. Han and Leia had a son who proceeded to fuck everything, Luke almost murdered his nephew and caused him to turn evil, and he lived to see his entire life's work come to nothing.

The EU was shit, but at least Luke had a vaguely happier ending.

Luke never was breast fed by his mother, she died.
This symbolizes George Lucas giving birth to Luke's character and the death of his story he had planned for Luke.
The tit sloth represents Disney. Luke needs the milk to survive, he needs the motherly embrace and is lost without the guidance of Lucas. His sad lonely existence in the island is mark alone without Carrie and Harrison, drinking in the tit milk of the creature...drinking in the poison of Disney's agenda.

well at least we now understand why mark was upset with what they did with luke

It is fun, and I liked it up until the botched exit of Yoda.
I'm fine with him making a tactical retreat, but he does it when Sheev is hanging off a ledge.
Not a very menacing sight.
And Yoda was kind of losing until he pushed him self and Sheev off the platform. The closeup of Yoda's eyes in the lightning fight made me think he was starting to get upper hand again.

>drinking in the tit milk of the creature

Read the spoilers and this is ridiculous. And I thought the prequel was shitting on Star Wars' legacy...

People are just figuring out that Hollywood is propaganda now?

the novel does it much better. yoda realizes the sith grew and the jedi stagnated for 1000 years. he realizes palpatine utterly outclasses him and runs like a little bitch

SW is space samurai story. The Borg showing up and assimilating everyone doesn’t make sense.

how is this titmilk thing literally any different to cows and milk?

This has shaken my moral, not gonna lie. They fucking trashed Luke, publicly humiliated everything the character stood for. Gonna sleep this off. Goodnight anons.

When I think about Hollywood, I think about a beautiful actress sucking fat jew's shit smeared, palpitating hemorroids.