Mother!

Honestly, it wasn't that bad

the house falling into chaos after she gets pregnant is certainly kino. rest of the movie is pretty meh. aronofsky had ideas but they didn't really tie up as the should have.

I liked how everybody seemed to ignore Lawrence just like irl since the fappening

Friday Night at the Aronofsky household

DO YOU GET IT?

was there something not to get? everything was so on the nose you could see it from the next star system

I actually really enjoyed it. It was a little on the nose, but apparently most people didn't get it. The guy I watched it with didn't even start to grasp it until the poet tells JLaw that we have to forgive them moments after eating the baby. My buddy turned to me and said, "I'm starting to see some biblical undertones..."

YAGGYS BARROOO

>hurrr they ate the baby, dumb theists amirite guys haha religion is dumb durrr

it's literally something a 13 year old would write. Like yeah, it looks pretty messed up when you simplify it like that, obviously. Jesus WANTED us to eat him, I swear!

I'm interested in seeing Mother!, but the "you'll never forget where you were when you first saw Mother!" crap in the trailers make it seem like another typical oscar bait film and is making me think twice about watching it.

I mean they're kind of right. But I feel like it's in a 'The Shining' sort of way where it's initially memorable though not well liked, and in 20 years or so may be considered "classic Aronofsky"

> not getting that it's meant to be a literal take on the famous quote from the Christian bible that uses bread and wine as a metaphor for the body and blood of Christ.
t. brainlet

best scene was the wake for Abel that ends in the 'great flood'

For me, it was the post-birth scene. The entire sequence from the poet waiting patiently for mother to fall asleep until nearly the end was intense. There's just so much content in a short time span to unpack.

I won't because it's the only time I've ever had a theater completely to myself.

It's as pretentious as any other film from the director, but the movie is more than worth seeing if for no other reason but to see Lawrence breast feeding.

Anyone else thrown off by Kirsten Wig's ridiculous 180 degree turn into a cartel executioner?

The movie went full blown magical realism. I took it to mean that people twisted the initial meaning of the work and killed in the name of it.

Opening scene with Lawrence crying while covered in soot and burnt flesh was kino. I was hoping that would lead to some sort of witch trial tie-in or something.

I think everything post-birth of messiah was just a showcase of the horrors man will create. But god knows it is just their nature. Very beautifully horrifying movie. Best of 2017 desu

Post-pregnancy I mean

To be honest anything that does not promote internet culture or weeb culture is a shit movie for me.

Movie was full of white people but they did not promote white supremacy even with symbolism. As a 4channer, this is not a movie i would like or endorse people watching.