Do you think it's even possible to have a fat superhero whose story isn't a miserable, cringy mess?

Do you think it's even possible to have a fat superhero whose story isn't a miserable, cringy mess?

Sure. Some big, affable fat bloke who goes around fighting crime. Secret identity is a middle aged brickie or something.

Of course.

Maybe it could work in a world where bein fat is a symbol of being healthy and good, but to me it's like, put the ice cream bar down fatso, then I dunno, maybe that would cut out at least half of your problems. But there's still problems like tryin to imagine fightin bad guys but bein fat as shit, I'm instantly triggered to middle school running the mile in p.e. in under five minutes, but hearing those fatsos everytime you pass them huffing and vomiting onto each other, beet faced and crying they need to go to the nurse and shit. I do think It can still work besides all that, though.

>when OP's image is the answer to his own question

Well Faith is good outside her solo, so yes.

The fat Russian from The Boys was great
Irmageddon from Top 10 was awesome
Worked well for Nite-Owl II in Watchmen, though he was a miserable mess

>The fat Russian from The Boys was great
Love Sausage didn't deserve what he got.

>tfw she'll only be remembered for backing Clinton before the election

Easily, you just have to not make it be about how they're fat, but also not dance around it.
Someone that's cool with themselves, but not in the "Look at me I am perfect, fuck you" kind of way that some fat people get.

None of the boys did.
Except Butcher.

Where else does Faith appear?

Literal propaganda piece. Did the clinton campaign commission this or did the creators do it off their own backs?

Harbinger
She was also on Unity for a very short time.

The Boys were shitheads. They were only marginally morally superior to the capes they killed. I still want a movie with Sean Penn and Nick Frost though.

It's been done.

Sure he's just a minor character mostly known for a one-shot he starred in, but he's done pretty well. He's likeable and self-aware and they don't try to frame his being a fatass as a good thing. It's barely even addressed.

I've never read this series, but as a random thought... I can't think of a legit obese hero that can also fly, not like levitate or float around by fly like superman or whomever else....

anyone else able to come up with one? cuz when it really comes down to it the idea is probably rarely used and kinda interesting.

*but fly like superman

Yes

Yep.

Retards who disliked her for this probably account for most people actually knowing faith now, so they basically played themselves.

Slate released data showing 50% of their commenters were linked there from typically right-wing sites who needed to gape at or crosspost "what du libruls are up to".
They are a significant portion of the business model at this point.

>barely even addressed
Actually they said that he literally can't loose weight (that he'd have to have a monstrous caloric deficit that he's incapable of actually reaching) because he doesn't burn calories by exercising because he can't become tired. They had him running laps for like 24 straight hours and he didn't lose an oz.

Some big jovial Pacific Islander who works in a restaurant while not fighting crime. His body is super resilient and he can reflect his enemy's physical blows back at them through his body. His other power is that he's generally immune to food/plant/animal based poisons, toxins, and bacteria and can absorb these things from other people.

He discovered his powers when he saved his younger brother from a ringed octopus bite when they were teenagers back home.

As a fat man, I can tel you no. When you're fat life is a miserable, cringy mess.

Yeah, give just New Bat-Man a solo.

not really

>I don't read comics, just complain about politics related to comics

>Sean Penn
Did you mean Simon Pegg?

Obese Prof X could work. Or any others that dont require physical labor of any kind.

>angry entitled fat people
It would be hilarious if it didn't make me want to wring their fatfold-engorged necks.

kill yourself faggot

Sure.

NuFaith is shitty but old Faith was fine

Also this
And Butterball

How has the new Renegades book been?

Amethyst from SU is a good example of a fat hero. Too bad they simplified her design to death.

So far is kinda boring so far, i miss Harada.

Bueno is fat.

Big Bertha solo comic when?

Why the hostility

Sure. Just don't make them "the fat superhero." Same with being a woman or gay or any sort of ethnicity.
Make a character a character, not a fucking soapbox.

Fat

Anything is possible when you actually like your job and don't spend every waking moment TRYING to be a huge piece of shit.

Fatties ain't even human.

That's 1/3 of an issue written by a guest writer. You can hate that story, I know I do, but don't discount the whole book because of it.