YOUNG ANIMAL

So in a recent interview Gerard Way said that while they're set on nurturing only four ongoings for the moment, he does want to develop the miniseries side of things and already has a few in the works (outside of Bug)

What creative teams and characters would you like to see get a miniseries?

>Hard mode; nothing that's already had a stint at Vertigo

the creeper by brendan mccarthy finally

James Stokoe Swamp thing. It should be an OGN though so it doesn't stop at issue 3 and never finish

Prez should have been a Young Animal book.

Also Hellblazer. The current Hellblazer just has no need to exist.

If Hellblazer is going back to an imprint it should go back to Vertigo. Agreed on its existence though. At this point they should roll the dice and get someone like Michel Fiffe to take over the book.

One day

I'd love to see more OGNs but doubt that'd happen

Nah, Vertigo's wrapping up.

Nah because Vertigo isn't what it used to be anymore (DC universe or DC-owned mature readers series), it's just DC's creator owned imprint. Young Animal is what Vertigo started out as.

Basically the whole point of Hellblazer is to get the best creators in comics writing a mature title. So they should look for someone who's currently doing something pretty dark and nasty.

He said he has a less popular character, an OC and a more popular franchise in the pipeline.

The recent sales chart had me real sad but it's nice to see Way say that. I hope Shade goes for at least 40 issues.

No challengers of the unknown ? really Sup Forums ?

Vertigo is not wrapping up, and Hellblazer should be Vertigo for tradition alone. It's the imprint's flagship and longest running title, frankly they should just start with issue 301.
The only reason it should be in YA is to get editors who have the right mind for it.

Nigger there's not even 10 posts in the thread and only 2 of them were actual comic suggestions. You suggested it 19 minutes after the thread was created. Congratulations.

This. 3-4 page backups of Mirkin by Milligan and McCarthy

- The Question - Brian Wood
- Espionage squad (from the Legion) - Brian K. Vaughan
- Arion (atlantis mage) - Brian Azzarello
- The Forgotten Heroes - Peter Milligan

Should DC old Sword and sorcery tittles be in young animal ? i would be down for a Warlord

>it should be in YA is to get editors who have the right mind for it.
Same editors actually. But I like your idea or starting back at 301. Now all they need is a new logo for Vertigo and to slowly introduce new series and mini with a schedule, not a bunch of new stuff all at once. Oh and bring in new blood.

Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld

>Milligan
Please no he is shit now

No.

Some of the more older obscure heroes - Seven Soldiers of Victory with rotating cast members?

>the creeper
You lost, senpai.

Sidenote, Morrison's Challengers pitch for the original Hypercrisis pitch looked amazing.

>"My one regret about my brief falling out with DC after the 'Superman Incident' is that I didn't get to do my Hypercrisis series at DC to explain all this stuff and set up a whole new playground." said Morrison in a 2002 interview, "It's the one thing I could still be arsed doing with classical superheroes. If I ever go back, I'll explain the whole Hypertime thing and recreate the Challengers of the Unknown as Challengers: Beyond the Unknown. It's one thing I still want to do. It had a monster eating the first few years of the 21st century and Superman building a bridge across this gaping hole in time. A bridge made of events. The Guardians of The Multiverse and a new Green Lantern Corps made up of parallel reality Green Lanterns, the Superman Squad and the mystery of the Unknown Superman of 2150 etc, etc. There's a huge synopsis filled with outrageous stuff"

he did some good shit, let me dream

That was meh

What was the last good big 2 comic he did?

>big 2
Why does that fucking matter?

Yeah but like when's the new my chemical romance coming out.

Deadman
W: J. M. DeMatteis
A: Jon. J. Muth and Scott Hampton

A Peter Milligan/Duncan Fegredo project

Anthro
W: Tom King
A: Roberto De La Torre

Because you want him to write a big 2 comic, it's a different process than doing creator owned work.

No, I want him to do a comic for an imprint at DC. Different story from wanting him on a generic cape comic.

>so it doesn't stop at issue 3 and never finish
It's not his work ethic, it's doing work that makes enough money to support him. None of his work for hire stuff has been late or delayed.

Either way his recent output hasn't been good. His work at Vertigo recently, which is the same situation you described, also sucked

Secret Six! Either version is ripe for going harder & getting New Vertigo to do it would be aces! Or hell, maybe even Suicide Squad if they could manage to stop pushing Harley as hard as physically possible.

Nah, The Names was good.

I'd love to see Michel Fiffe do something, obviously not Suicide Squad

Also Tom Scioli doing a full comic not just back ups

The adventures of Jimmy Olson- doesn't look like they're really using him in the current superman books, and I'd love to see a modern take on stuff like Turtle Boy done with the Young Animal weirdness.
Rip Hunter & The Time Masters- probably won't happen since he's really tied into the Booster Mythos but would love to see their take on him.
Max Mercury- a speedster title done under the Youn Animal motif, I'd give them all my money.

Plastic Man by Tim Hensley

Slam Bradley by Lapham

>a speedster title done under the Youn Animal motif, I'd give them all my money.
How about Brendan McCarthy's Flash?

looks like freakzoid

I'll be shocked if there isn't some kind of Sandman-spin off related thing in the next few years. Be it YA or Vertigo.

>yfw it's the Garrett Sandford iteration

Well, there's Lucifer...

And Gaiman's own Sandman Overture is less than two years old.

I'd love to see more obscure teams/heroes get some spotlight again. Way's Doom Patrol got me into the Morrison run, which in turn got me back into old Vertigo comics.

Yeah I don't like how people assume he's lazy when it's just the guy needs a living wage

Well that's good to know. I didn't think he was lazy, just that he took a long time to work and then went where the money was if he wasn't finished.

Oof, Modern-Lucifer has a severe misunderstanding of the character and seems to be aping the TV show

Matter-Eater-Lad
W: Robinson
A: Doc Shaner (if he can handle doing art on 1 book a month with no delays, lol)

>Matter-Eater-Lad
but why

>W: Robinson
Please no he is shit now

yes
He also ragequit DC a few years ago.

get someone other than Robinson and I'm in

Why not?

What the hell is Ostrander doing these days anyhow? I havent heard from him since Raise the Flag.

A fucking CONTINUATION of Animal Man, set in the slight future, following his Daughter, the True Avatar of The Red, as a teen, dealing with blooming powers and TAKING OVER for her father after his disappearence and investigating it.

>feat. Swamp Thing
>feat. The Question
>feat. Ragman
>force Lemire at gunpoint and obtain Jae Lee through blackmail and espionage

Are you a Marvel editor?

He was still doing some Star Wars around the end of the Dark Horse days but I don't think he's done much of anything since.

Jakeem Thunder!

Between Mr. Mind in 52 and the stuff in Final Crisis he basically did this already, no?

What would you do with Jakeem Thunder? A book about his magical adventures as his wishes sprout into something more, ala Fairy Oddparents?

Dodds Sandman please

All the more reason! He ain't doing shit! Get him back here for some good writing & people getting shot. Hell, you know how many people would flip their shit if Ostrander came back to Suicide Squad?

Static Shock with the ol' Vertigo-style treatment would be neat and nostalgic for me

Do you just want a reboot of Mystery Theatre?

Ostrander doesn't want to write Suicide Squad anymore, he's done with it, it's over. Pitching that to him is a good way to not get him to come back.

That literally was the plot of the new 52 comic you fucking casual. Good to see you care more about the culture around comics than you do about actually reading them. Fucking mongoloid.

Then Secret Six? I mean they're definitely a different flavor of Squad. In the very least, distinct enough to have their own voice.

How about
>>John we'd love to have you back at the company, you're one of the strongest writers we've ever had and we're excited to hear pitches from you on absolutely anything you want to do

That's how DC got Priest instead of saying
>>Yo Chris, my man, you wanna write the new Static book? You sure do know how to connect to the black youth!

Why does it have to be a villain book? He has good runs at DC that aren't like that.

I wracked my brain to think of someone who i knew was a DC guy at least at some point and wasn't totally out of the question, i didnt realise he ragequit DC, lol.

I couldn't think of a good option, i was just thinking of someone who might try and find the weird and interesting hook to an already weird and obscure character, maybe its cuz i just read the 4 issue airboy mini he did not too long ago.

I have no idea what a Matter-Eater-Lad book would even be, but its a goddamn blank canvas if I've ever seen one.

>The Forgotten Heroes

Isn't that what CChaCE already is?

Redo his origin and focus on his character, he's supposed to be a friendless loner. Tap into that and develop him into the hero that eventually joins the JSA and makes friends

>Creative Control?!

You know that's unheard of! But shit yeah, let him do what he feels like & I'll toss money at it like there's no tomorrow.

Are you an idiot casual? Wait, nevermind, you already answered my question.

>That's how DC got Priest instead of saying
>>>Yo Chris, my man, you wanna write the new Static book? You sure do know how to connect to the black youth!
Oh yeah, that would've been stupid of DC... to call and ask him to do Static pff... No, they called him for Cyborg. Luckily, his polite refusal didn't fall on deaf ears and Didio heard the fact that Priest doesn't want to do any black charterers so he had Javins look for a non black to give him. They still gave Cyborg to a black dude of course.

Stop samefagging, shithead. It was still a Buddy book. Now fuck off and read about THE REAL HAWKEYE.

Justice In The West - An old west Justice-League-a-like. Superchief, Bat-Lash, Jonah Hex, El Diablo, Cinnamon, Madame .44, Pow Wow Smith, Vigilante and Nighthawk.

>people disagree with me
>HAS TO BE A SAMEFAG BECAUSE I'M INFALLIBLE
It was a buddy book, that gave clear room for his daughter to take a bigger role built in with a time travel arc. A continuation with her as a lead is far from THE REAL HAWKEYE tier idiocy. God you're a faggot.

The black writers on black characters thing is tricky, because people do get up in arms about it (see the cancellation of the legacy Blade book), but guys like McDuffie and Priest got completely pigeonholed, and it actually got bad enough that Priest quit over it.

McDuffie did it to himself, though.

>see the cancellation of the legacy Blade book
Seeley is a faggot.

The Creeper: Mark Russell and Steve Lieber

Brother Power.

Have Max Landis and Joelle Jones release their 12 issue Killer Moth Maxiseries under the imprint, with a Joker/Harley backup.

Eh, I think making your own company tailored to a certain type of character is pretty different than only wanting to write those types of characters for other companies. Like no one thinks Rick Remender only can write edgy alcoholic dystopian scifi characters.

Very well then, when McDuffie was on JLA and worked on the Justice League cartoon, he chose Black Lightning, Vixen and Hawkgirl as prevelant characters for the sake of diversity.

what is the meaning of CChaCE ?

>Rick Remender only can write edgy alcoholic dystopian scifi characters.
But it's true.

Bring back Dial H or Resurrection Man.

Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye

>Hawkgirl
>Diversity
She's an alien in the show, and a white girl (mostly) in the comics. The trinity were still the main characters of the book too. Was Morrison pushing diversity by making Steel and Aztek major characters in his JLA?

Nah he does a great Deadpool, Flash Thompson and Punisher.

you need to add animal man, immortal man, congorilla, dolphin, rip hunter, rick flag and one of the sea devils.

You have connections to justice league, suicide squad, atlantis and the oceans, underworld, time travel, vandal savage, etc etc

no Morrison was just being dumb

He created Aztek so try again

What does that have to do with anything?

How about B'wana Beast, but it takes place in the fifties!

Favoritism as opposed to progressivism

He created the character, a nonwhite (though he looks Aryan he's from peru) and then included him in a major role in his JLA run. This is definition diversity pushing if using nonwhites at all like McDuffie is considered it.

Ok, but that still doesn't disprove that McDuffie is all for progressivism even when not working on Milestone

Ya now has a superhero, Noir, slice of life, adventure and cosmic books. Something horror would be nice. Probably an obscure character from an anthology, with Templesmith on art.
A sports based comic. Maybe one from their sports anthology, or a Wildcat book based on boxing in the 60s or 70s, and focusing on bookies, bribery, corruption and involvement of mafia in the sport. Written by John Wagner, David Lapham or Matt Wagner and drawn by Lark.

they were two of the best characters in the run, neck yourself.

>not Kyle and Wally
you have the worst taste