I miss him Sup Forums

i miss him Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/CartoonDeathZone
youtube.com/channel/UCxsOc2Pra9YfvHvmmYkcn8g
hotdiggedydemon.com/post/54865765857/i-know-that-you-dont-want-to-continue-wgj4k-but
youtube.com/watch?v=7r2Cq7R3LJg
youtube.com/watch?v=oo6Eq9irhFI
youtube.com/watch?v=oo6Eq9irhFI&ab_channel=Spazkidin3D
youtube.com/watch?v=sMnnYth3X-A
youtube.com/watch?v=CSWN1A04r3U
youtube.com/watch?v=d1i807L6jpY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't, he was a dick

I bet he smokes crack.

>max will never come back to finish it

i wonder why

>Cynical douchebag shits on everything
It was never funny. You were just in a standard angry teen phase.

Comedy where one person is a dick to everyone is hilarious, though.

Look at Master Shake.

Master Shake is not comparable with Mickey. Mickey just verbally attacks everything. Master Shake found exciting new ways of being a dick.

Master Shake isn't really the one you're supposed to relate to though, he's the one you laugh at

>Cynical douchebag shits on everything
isn't that just Max G?

It wasn't just that he was a dick. He was a dick that was kidnapped and forced to be on the show by the other protagonists and their complete obliviousness as to why he was so pissed off was part of the humor.

Except video games really do suck. Ever since I quit playing video games I've become a lot more successful, so actually disdain for video games is more mature.

>says the guy on a comics and cartoons board

The "Twilight Princess" review was amusing, especially considering I saw it around the time we finished Lord of the Flies in high school

Cartoon Kurt Cobain?

Never have I seen a cartoon creator fall so far as Max G.

>Passable cartoonist with legitimately ok scripts.
>Maybe on about the same level as the Bonus Stage guy (aside: you want another sad story? Look at how HE ended up.)
>Falls in with the pony shitters
>Dedicates himself entirely to it
>Goes from being occasionally fake edgy as a joke to being fake edgy as a character trait
>Goes fake racist, shock humor everywhere that isn't even funny for shock humor.
>Gives up and succumbs to horrible click bait shit that no one cares about
>Isn't even good at that.

This. I also found it funny contextually. If you knew newgrounds at the time, you knew that video game parodies were standard. It was refreshing to see something criticizing the concept of making shallow video game parodies with nothing but references for humor.

I'm gonna murder you.
I'm gonna come into your home one night while you're asleep and I'm gonna cut your throat.
This isn't a joke.
You're gonna die.

I maintain that WGJ4K was the best thing that Max ever did. The Jerry series may have been more respectable, but this was his funniest work especially if you grew up in 2000s Nerd Culture.

I love for it to get a conclusion, even if it was a "Spookyville 2" type finale.

The problem is that it wasn't really clever about it. I think that zero punctuation webcomic video made better points about how obtuse videogame comedy is; mickey just said "videogames are video-gay".
It was kind of funny back when I was an edgy teenager but now max still makes not very well argumented reviews of cartoons in his youtube channel and the cynical mantle he weakly tries to use to look self aware and aloof about it doesn't work anymore

wait what happened to the bonus stage guy?

I know bonus stage guy still makes stuff as cartoon drive thru but I haunt checked on that in years

Wasn't he stalked by some newgrounds fag once?

Disavowed bonus stage, tried to succeed without it. His humor and drawing ability eventually stagnated and he just kept going for new "series" every few months or so hoping for something to catch fire though nothing ever does.

For the effort he put in and the time he's taken he has almost nothing to show for it. It's really sad. That said if you start watching his stuff and try to prop him up you'll quickly realize it's just not very good.

youtube.com/user/CartoonDeathZone

Also runs a lets play channel because all the animators are doing that these days that's watched by literally no one at all. Literally videos with no views.

youtube.com/channel/UCxsOc2Pra9YfvHvmmYkcn8g

WGJ4K was the only good thing Max ever made. The pony shit was the death of him creatively and mentally.

I remember a while back he stopped uploading cartoons to YouTube and exclusively started uploading them to his patreon. Looks like that didn't last long, since he just debuted a "brand new" series on his channel with the same stagnant art style and music. The shitty let's plays and DnD podcast don't belong on that channel, and he really shot himself on the foot when he decided to completely abandon his old channel just so he could rebrand it, never truly recovering all of the subscribers that he used to have.

His old channel, BSMattW, only has like 2000 subscribers. He just got popular too early, like a lot of people from the newgrounds era.

His early story is very similar to homestar runner guys, but while they've made the leap to being actual content creators with work on TV he's just kinda been on the internet screaming in the void this whole time.

It's just unnerving to see someone try so hard and get so little out of it. I respect his tenacity but it's just not working. It's bordering on madness at this point.

I still like Max, but I feel he has definitely into a predictable rut of shock and edgy humor. It started with WGJ4K and crystallized with the Pony Mov series. I liked both of those series, but he never really got out of that hole. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss when Max was more experimental.

The last time he made something unique was "Isabelle Ruins Everything" and that sucked.

While Max did occasionally use Micky as a mouthpiece against gaming culture, I'd argue that we weren't supposed to fully root with Micky. He was the stereotypical bully to Eric's stereotypical nerd.

I was sexually attracted to June.

You didn't like Jerry?

For a second, I thought you were talking about Spoony.

There's a season 2 synopsis online

hotdiggedydemon.com/post/54865765857/i-know-that-you-dont-want-to-continue-wgj4k-but

>Okay so Mickey was once a member of a street gang called The Dicks. The initiation into the gang is that members have to get an ink tattoo around their eyes so that they look sunken and dark which is why Mickey’s eyes look like that. Mickey has a falling out with the gang’s leader, Donnie, which leads into a high-octane knife fight one night that’s interrupted when they hear police sirens. All The Dicks scramble and Mickey and Donnie put their fight on hold to get away. Mickey evades the cops but eventually ends up cornered in a dead-end alley. He meets a mysterious man (reminiscent of Slugworth from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) who offers to help Mickey escape from the police in his van if he’ll agree to hear him out on a job offer he wants to give him. Mickey reluctantly accepts, having no other choice. He gets into the van and as it drives away we see the VGV logo on the side. End of Flashback 1

The lesson is that if you're not a drug abusing body modification wearing edgelord you will fail in life. The characters who don't drop F bombs are portrayed as losers who deserve torment and death.

I thought it was funny.

>Flashback 2: Both of Mickey’s parents die in a car accident when he’s a kid and he becomes a problem child. The Boss (who’s real name is Homer Bossman) at the time was Mickey’s school principle. The Boss takes Mickey under his wing and coaches Mickey in a retro arcade game tournament, Donkey Kong or some shit I dunno. Mickey loses to Donnie, who at the time is a junior member of The Dicks, which is currently run by Donnie’s older brother. Mickey thinks Donnie’s brother is cool and wants to join but the Boss tries to warn him not to, wiping the makeup off his face to reveal he has the same ink tattoo. Mickey is still persuaded by their offer of a better life so he rejects the Boss’ guidance and joins.

>In flashback 3 Mickey wakes up in VGV after the events of flashback 1 and meets June and Eric. We find out that Slugworth is actually the VGV CEO and Bossman suggested Mickey to him as part of VGV’s initiative to shift towards slave labor exclusively, Bossman’s motive being to protect Mickey from his dangerous lifestyle.

Unfortunately this was the fate of a lot of these sorts of people.

Matt just isn't giving up like he probably should have like... eight years ago.

Other tidbits of stuff if the series had gone on: The VGV building probably would have walked around on giant mech-legs at some point. As of season 2, the show would have been 100% not about video games any more. Eric was going to go through a story arc where he was going to try to act more like Mickey to impress June. There was going to be a competing company called College Gamer Videos, who also kidnapped a criminal named Stacey the Bitch, and her and Mickey fall in love but all they ever do is yell at each other violently and have angry sex. Junior (from the Jerry series) was going to be a junior member of The Dicks who idolized Mickey. I fooled around with the idea of the VGV CEO being an alien or something so that VGV would all be some kind of insidious world domination plot but I could never make it work without being incredibly predictable and stupid, so I doubt it would have happened. Mickey’s prime objective was going to be to escape from VGV so he could find Donnie and kill him.

I’m not sure if Mickey would have ever escaped or not. He either would have accepted his fate and learned to live happily with June and Eric, or been released by The Boss under the grounds that he try to turn his life in the real world around in some way. Probably the latter.

And this is all true. Only now, as I write this down, do I realize how hacky this all sounds, but it’s hard to make these kinds of ideas sound good on paper. I think it would have been somewhat bearable in execution, but I guess we’ll never know. MUAH!

BSmattW was confirmed by him to not be his channel and just a guy who reuploaded Bonus Stage when Matt wanted it gone from the internet, his youtube was always Cartoon Drive Thru

To each his own. I'm no Commie, but it just felt like Max saying "Communism Sucks" for an excruciatingly long 8 1/2 minutes. It wasn't subtle enough to be clever, passionate enough to be moving, or humorous enough to be funny.

IMO this shitty meme ball I posted is funnier and more to the point.

Me too. I wish Max would do SOMETHING original, regardless of what it is. It's been years.

Eh Max is okay, and considering what's happened to YouTube recently I have to respect the guy. When the algorithm change occurred it affected everybody involved in Animation and Film and most either stopped posting or did something else on the side, like Let's Plays (Oney, Ego) or Podcasts (the SleepyCabin folks) hell Emily Youcis joined Red Ice TV as a reporter recently. Max on the other hand just stuck to his thing, he cheated the algorithm crap by doing the reviews a la YMS or Rebel Taxi, only instead of taking it seriously he just has fun with it and fucks with his audience. There are videos where he spends almost an entire 10 minutes shitposting, he cheats the system and wins and I love it.

>Never have I seen a cartoon creator fall so far as Max G.

I'm not defending Max's direction and some of the garbage he has created but really?

Egoraptor, OneyNG, LegendaryFrog?

This is still Max Gilardi's Magnum Opus.

youtube.com/watch?v=7r2Cq7R3LJg

I was talking about cartoon creators that are still primarily cartoon creators.

Well then in that case, I agree entirely.

At least he's still making stuff that looks passable.

Egoraptor's PokeAwesome 2 was probably the first cartoon to make me realize "What happened to this person? Did I find these funny or did he get worse?"

Who the fuck keeps dog cum in a mug.

Honestly it was both.

While Ego has totally sold-out, most of his early stuff really doesn't hold up that well.

I like it. It was a funny concept. A petty guy who is a terrible person in general and who has no knowledge or interest whatsoever in even the most basic video game pop culture and no patients to humor any of the bullshit and put him in an animated bad video game webcomic. And I'm also glad it was so short because funny as the premise was it had nowhere to go and didn't warrant an ongoing.

youtube.com/watch?v=oo6Eq9irhFI

youtube.com/watch?v=oo6Eq9irhFI&ab_channel=Spazkidin3D

I had totally forgot that SpazKidin3D hated Max G so much.

I messaged him about it one time asking him why he hated Max G, it was shortly after SpazKid left Machinama.

I don't think I can access the message anymore though after youtube changed.

Gist of what he said?

He said that Max Gilardi is a tool, that he's immature and rudest to his fans, that although he has talent he wastes it on pushing his opinions on people and he's arrogant. The part that always sticks with me is that he hated how edgy he has become and how everything he creates has to be so fucking melodramatic.

Max is a guy who wants enemies. On some level he wants to be the villain so he has something to rail against. He's an edgy teenager that essentially never grew out of it. What makes it insufferable is that he's successful enough to not see this as a problem, and so he'll never move past it.

He's basically the melodramatic Adam Sandler of web cartoons.

>rudest to his fans

No fucking kidding.

youtube.com/watch?v=sMnnYth3X-A

>rudest to his fans
To be fair I'm sure majority of ex NG animators actually hate their fans because those people due tend to suck ass

I feel like his cartoons are too preachy. I just want to be entertained. I don't want to be guilt tripped into not sharing the same viewpoints as the artist or liking things the artist doesn't like.

>horsefuckers
To be fair they don't actually count as people

To be honest you can say that about 90% of the newgrounds/YouTube animators. A lot of them are guilty of being ridiculously edgy, specially if they came from Newgrounds. I even remember when Zack did entire about how much YouTube Vloggers suck, which to his credit they do. There has to be a better reason why he hates Max, i think Max probably did something stupid and awful to him

>because those people due tend to suck ass
Nigga, you have NO FUCKING IDEA
youtube.com/watch?v=CSWN1A04r3U
Skip to 1:35:00 to get your daily dose of autism. Although to be fair the whole thing is fucking cringe

Max really has been trying to get us to watch his cartoons lately. He should put this much work into his writing.

He lurks and self promotes here as much as that E:R guy

Which one is that? I don't go into most threads here, I'm not disputing that this guy does that.

I still listen to their stupid podcast. I hold out that one day, Max will return to making good original stuff and not parodies or reviews. He must have a big enough patreon at this point that it doesn't matter what he does.

Did Max really make that? I've never seen it and I've been following him for years.

I don't buy it. Cory mentions Max once on Sleepycast, and says that stupid parody that he made was a way of getting Max to notice him and bring him on to his writing team.

Hilarious

It's the edgy critic guy who made the Steven Universe critique. He's okay and I liked his Rogue One review but holy shit have I been seeing threads about for days.

Ah. I'm not familiar with that. I'll keep not seeing it, just to spite him.

>edgy edgy edgy edgy dur dur edgy buzzword edgy

Just fucking stop.

Are u complaining about WGJ4K or Sup Forums?

I'm complaining about the use of "edgy" itself.

I do, too.

He did. Did you use to follow him on Newgrounds too?

So why was he kidnapped? Like, why him specifically?

This. Hot Diggity Demon cannot write. He's like John L. in that regard, and has a comparable ego.

Pic related is better gaming comic/animation satire better than Max could ever possibly dream of. Mostly because it's satire and not "A character who literally just has my voice shits on things I don't like". Hey, Mickey is just like Brian Griffin!

>John L
Fuck you, gooks and your gook phones. Don't correct K to L and waste my repeating digits.

Not really, mostly just remember Jerry, Spookyville, and the Large Hadron Collider cartoon.

I'm not as well-versed as you guys are when it comes to the daily lives of internet cartoonists, so please tell me:

Why the hell is Max getting so much shit? It's not just this thread, every mention of him in all threads I've seen are negative. I haven't watched WGJ4K in years, so maybe it is actually unfunny and I'm not remembering, but I think his review series has been pretty good. Did he do something to piss everyone off, or what? Everyone keeps talking about how edgy his shit is, but compared to other internet animation it's pretty tame.

"Communism works well on paper" has to be the most tired and idiotic critique. No shit it sounds good on paper, any system sounds good in theory.

>Did he do something to piss everyone off, or what?

If I had to guess: his recent PPG video. It must've tricked a bunch of poor saps around here into watching his other stuff without knowing that it's not what Max usually does with his content.

Stacey the bitch when? Rule34 when?

Dan VS Mickey the dick.

because he was the boss' son

>Everyone keeps talking about how edgy his shit is, but compared to other internet animation it's pretty tame.

Being less edgy doesn't make it not edgy period. Doesn't really help that edgy animation is all people come to expect from him

>and how everything he creates has to be so fucking melodramatic.
Wow, Spazkid has shit taste. I love how emotional Jerry got, and Wacky Game Jokes 4 Kidz seemed to be heading in that direction.

Still, Sonichu TAS was great.

He didn't. Max said that he's a very close self resemblance to himself (except with hair and not fat) and Max is very anti-drugs.

Why? He's done with the ponies and Brain Dump's a side project

Shit, is Legendary Frog still alive? I still remember trying to load his shit on shitty rural dial-up back before YouTube existed and loading games were a huge draw.

>Look at Master Shake.
master shake is funny because his plans backfire and he ends up getting hurt for being a dick
looking back he was absolutely right about everything he complained about gamer culture

I wouldn't exactly say he's living.

no
youtube.com/watch?v=d1i807L6jpY

>Wasn't he stalked by some newgrounds fag once?
I'd love to hear that story.

>Max actually gets a really decent amount of views for every video he puts out
>He even has several videos with millions of views that aren't pony.mov
Gotta say Im fairly surprised. Thought he was doing pretty subpar viewwise. He aint no letsplayer tier view magnet but he's really playin the system for an animator.

He's one of the few animators that isn't making shitty edgy parodies like Piemations anymore so people like him

Next email.

Holy fuck I remember this.

Joan a cute.

>>Cynical douchebag shits on everything
Soooo... Sup Forums as a whole?

2500 paperclips

Also I love he cheats the system. In order to hit the minute mark most animators have stuck to podcasts or Lets Plays. Max just does this pointless yet funny reviews for almost minutes. A lot of times he will spend 8 minutes just filing with his own audience. He's a great animator although I tend to prefer Partridge, Viz, or SpeedoSausage