Well that was... one anticlimactic death...

Well that was... one anticlimactic death. Even Laura Dern got to go out like a boss and this cuck died sitting on a chair, without even realizing it.

What was even the point of his character?

They could've made Kylo the head of the First Order in TFA. Snoke literally did nothing of any significance.

All he really did was talk shit. All of that buildup for nothing. What a waste. He could’ve basically been Evil Yoda, but now he’s little more than a footnote.

>phasma dies
>snoke dies
i wish these villains actually got character development

Even worse than that.

At least you can weave some background character with one line into some EU badass.

But this guy is narratively obsolete two movies in with a handful of scenes.
Given that he's now completely irrelevant why even waste time expanding upon him in the EU? It serves no purpose since we know he doesn't really amount to anything.

I was looking forward to seeing how an "Evil Yoda" trains siths. Are you telling me we don't even get any of that?

>tfw all the leaks were wrong

Never trust Sup Forums

Seriously. Hux seemed poised to do some cool stuff after the opening battle, but quickly turned back into sniveling little bitch boy almost immediately after the fact.

So we learned nothing about who he was, what he wanted, why he was a Sith lord (presumably).

He was set up as a main antagonist, he was played by Serkis (mocap).

All that for absolutely no payoff. It's like they think it's more SHOCKING if he dies and the audience wants TWISTS.

Killing the most hated characters it's a wise move considering the future brand.
If you think Disney want something more than milk money...

>What was even the point of his character?

TFA in general had no point

Who is Snoke. Where did he come from. Where did his powers come from. How did he assume control of the Empire, and why was his presence unknown previously.

Oh wait, we're not gonna answer that lol sorry. Here's a far gook though so thumbs up and subscribe for more.

>No point

Sums up my feelings about all of Disney Wars in general. It's like reading IMDB fanfic.

>Killing the most hated characters
Hated? More like wondering who were they, but I guess we'll never find out now

How have you not realized this? No shit all the "leaks" are false. They've been made up into a meme at this point. One person started and idiot's followed. If you watched RLM's Nerd Crew shit you would see how Sup Forums is trying to copy them.

They put fake claims and now Sup Forums is doing the same. They're spamming it until it becomes "true". It's all bullshit.

They are making shit up as they go along pandering to whats "trendy" at the moment

hes drumpf and needs to be killed by an angry white male for his sins. the angry white male then begs our strong empowered heroine who denies him and his angry whiteness for the diversity brigade, once again showing white men lose in the end.

not even joking

>Is so powerful he can read Kylos mind

>Oops didn't notice Kylo used his mind to thwack me with a lightsaber

Not even a hint. They never even really get into how Snoke met him or anything.

>Killing the most hated characters it's a wise move

Killing characters established as antagonists without giving them any depth because you couldn't plot ahead or figure out what to do with them, isn't wise.

It's so sloppy you'd expect it from B-movies.

I blame GoT for this shit. It's not even shocking anymore. It's just retarded.
Exactly, they probably were just too lazy to flesh out his character.

>Snoke dies like a bitch and literally nothing about his origins is ever explained
>Knights of Ren completely retconned out
>Rey's parents were nobodies
>"it's time for the Jedi to end", Force tree and mysteries of the Force are never even addressed
Seems like Johnson disregarded everything Abrams came up with.

People who can't see L O S T all over this mess are drunk.

Same as George, then. I don't believe a word of his "I had everything planned in 1976" shtick.

>Everyone in this thread thinks this is going to be a trilogy

Dumb dumbs

>kylo sits on throne
>kicks off boots and puts on gold slippers
>"I will finish what you started"
>*credits*

He was going to be an existing character but they changed it when you nerds figured it out

> It's so sloppy you'd expect it from B-movies.
> Star Wars

i believe that george might have had a general idea but had problems sorting it out into three new movies

disney on the other hand had all the money/time/talent one could wish for and their best product was a rushed out remake of new hope

They should have just revealed he was Plagues in VII instead of giving us 2 years to mull it over.

Imagine JJ being so upset when people figured out Benedict Cumberbatch was Khan that he began constantly rewriting scripts just to counter popular theories.

>Force tree and ancient texts get incinerated by Yoda’s lightning bolt while Yoda sits on a log with Luke and giggles about it
>>”Page-turners, they were not.”

>OT has one of the most recognized villians in film history

Stop being a faggot

Fuck that. Don't want to ruin Plageus' character which had already been expanded upon in the EU and was more interesting than generic bald deformed evil guy.

>an ancient 900 year old being quips about something being boring so it needs to be destroyed

such an OOC bullshit cop-out

Why? Majority of the audience dont even remember plagueis at all

So what/who are the big bad now? Surely not just Kylo?

>implying that's worse than what we got

Friendly reminder that J.J. denied he was Khan right up til release.

>yfw Nute fucking Gunray had more development and exposition than Snoke

>spoiler
no way this shit is real

It’s a team-up of Kylo and Hux, until Kylo force-chokes Hux nearly to death and Hux relinquishes control.

The ST is bad enough already without ruining another established character.

There is nothing set up for a sequel honestly. Some people are claiming their is a credits stinger that shows another random slave boy using force powers.

I just realised with or without this character we still couldn't have someone earn the darth title in this trilogy. I mean he's not even a proper sith lord

>It's true, all of it

It would have linked all three trilogies which would be cool... I guess..

Screencap this if you don’t believe. Weep later. It gets worse. Yoda straight-up tells Luke “Nothing to teach her, there is. All that is needed, she already possesses.

I don't believe. I can't.
It's just too dumb.

star wars is fucking dead to me

>Killing the most hated characters
>proceeds to kill Luke, the most liked character

:( I've been seeing the yoda lightning bolt pasta more than once

They had to kill him because he got weird

Jesus Christ look at his teeth.

It’s not pasta, it’s fact. Just had an employee screening at my theater. Yoda only has one scene, and he spends it shitting all over the Jedi legacy.

Seriously? Holy shit. How can you possibly defend her character after that?

Even if George didn't have everything planned out, at least the PT (mostly) meshed well with happened in the OT.
It's like they scrapped absolutely everything they built up in TFA for TLJ.

how did chicken neck man die

Exactly. There will be Episode IX pt.1 and Episode IX pt. 2

>implying the Jedi don't teach good brushing habits

>"An independent womyn that don't need no man, she is."

Bamboozled by Kylo, while Snoke’s torturing Rey.

My only question is whether the stable boy/broom boi is a white boy or a nigger.
I've seen pics from behind the scenes that shows a white boy and animated children book pics that show he's a nigger. Anyone clarify this please?

there are multiple child slaves in the movie, a black, a girl, and a spic boy. the spic grabs it

I have yet to see a Disney Star Wars movie. Their corporatist whoring ways turned me off of new star wars the second they got the rights. The more things that came out about their plans made me even more glad of my initial decision. I just wish SWTOR was a slightly better game, it was so close to perfection if not for a few abysmal decisions beginning with the engine.

Some of my friends give me shit for deciding not to see the new films. I remain convinced I made the right decision though. Everything I see and read convinces me of that. The star wars of old, yes even the fucking bizarre prequel era, is dead.

Fuck the mouse.

Nute is actually a cool character
I really liked him
the best character from prequels

do you REALLY want screen time devoted to cucks of ren and how rey was created from Sheev's discarded condoms?

she can't do that!
shoot her!
o-or something!

There's no apology big enough to ever undo the injustice we as a people inflicted upon this man. All I can say is, I'm sorry, George.

>Some of my friends give me shit for deciding not to see the new films
If they were really your friends, they'd have given you shit about playing the fucking Tortanic.
Philistine.

So Jakku is just a magic planet where minorities and roasties become Mary Sues?

prequels were better
you can't deny it

It’s not Jakku, they’re on the Las Vegas planet, they work the stables where people vote on horse-dogs.

They really were. I don't like them but they're a lot better than this Disney shit.

Yeah what I mean is why change it cause some nerds find it out

Patience Viceroy, Patience. She will die.

I would unironically love this.

Then he's our last hope.
Master Yoda.

Young Skywalker.

I'm ending all of this.
The tree, the text, the Jedi.
I'm gonna burn it down.

Hmm.

(LAUGHING)

Ah, Skywalker.
Missed you, have I.
(GRUNTS)

So it is time
for the Jedi Order to end.

Time it is.

Hmm.

For you to look past
a pile of old books, hmm?

The sacred Jedi texts.

Oh. Read them, have you?

-Well, I...
-Page-turners
they were not.

Yes, yes, yes.
Wisdom they held,
but that library contained
nothing that the girl Rey
does not already possess.

Skywalker,

still looking to the horizon.
Never here, now, hmm?
The need
in front of your nose.
Hmm?

I was weak.
Unwise.

Lost Ben Solo, you did.
Lose Rey, we must not.

I can't be
what she needs me to be.

Heeded my words not, did you?
Pass on what you have learned.
Strength, mastery.
But weakness,
folly, failure also.
Yes, failure most of all.
The greatest teacher,
failure is.
(YODA GRUNTING)
Luke,
we are what they grow beyond.
That is the true burden
of all masters.

I think the worst part about it is how this fucker has no reason to exist even in TFA now. Kylo could have gotten the same development as leader of the First Order without the mystery bullshit surrounding this guy.

This would actually be good Yoda dialogue if Rey was a different, better character.
Rian seems to understand Yoda, he was just shackled with the shitstain that is TFA.

>Chill, Yoda! I got this.

oh jesus you was actually right

he force pulled his light saber that was kept near Snoke and turned it on while it was flying, thus slashing through Snoke.
>nothing personal

>chicken neck man
You mean the lovechild of Arseface and Herr Starr.

> Mary Sue criticism actually becomes legitimate

This. The only defense she had from the Mary Sue accusations was that we didn't know the context of her backstory. The new movie absolutely destroys this and makes the Mary Sue criticism all the more valid.

Lol luke still dies faggot. It has been confirmed you shill.

I agree.

If anything this further confirms he's Plagueis and able to resurrect himself

well it would be fun to see how people defend this shit.

Even TR8R had a better death

JJ threw things at the screen he never intended to explain. Snoke was a stand-in for the Emperor, because people like the Emperor. When they realized they had no idea what to do with him, they cast him aside for Game of Thrones tweest points.

Yeah, he describes what Kylo is thinking at the very moment he is killed. Kylo ja actually crafty in just thinking about "killing his enemy true", and Snoke assumes it's Rey. Millenia old master Force user should've seen it coming, though.

>"All that is needed, she already possesses."
A part of me just died.

>Luke, the most liked character
LOL no? Boomers pls go, no one cares about your decrepit, milquetoast Chosen One Gary Stu from the 70s.

midichlorians like her?

well you still need training to use Jedi tricks and the fucking light saber
>we don't have anything to teach her Luke

I preferred the leaks that he jumped bodies, or was the first Jedi

How did he become Emperor anyway, is it explained?

Nope, first order literally pulled him out of their asses