Toonami Ratings for 4/8/17

Toonami will air 2 NEW episodes of Jojo this Saturday so AoT can start a week earlier. Tokyo Ghoul takes the night off.

Attack on Titan S2 will replace Jojo's Bizarre Adventure starting next Saturday at 12:30am. Demarco hopes to run Stardust Crusaders "soon"

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release 2018.

Last week AS did their Rick and Morty prank which cut the first hour of Toonami and tanked the ratings for the rest. This week we go back to the normal schedule and lucky for AS, Jack recovered right away and claimed the top original series spot. After that, Tokyo Ghoul AND HxH obliterated Jojo, I'll bet they are rethinking pulling TG off to run double Jojo next week. And after HxH, Unicorn drops a ton of viewers and the night fizzles from there.

11:00 Samurai Jack 1335 0.66 841
11:30 Dragon Ball Super (r) 1132 0.56 719
12:00a Sand Whale and Me 1036 0.51 657
12:05a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 1012 0.49 629
12:30a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure 679 0.32 416
1:00a Tokyo Ghoul 820 0.40 508

1:30a Hunter X Hunter 715 0.36 457
2:00a Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 576 0.30 388
2:30a Naruto: Shippuden 514 0.26 333
3:00a Ghost in the Shell (r) 508 0.27 340

Other urls found in this thread:

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/saturday-cable-ratings-april-8-2017/
programminginsider.com/ratings/final-nationals/saturday-final-nationals-nascar-on-fox-outdraws-both-nba-games-on-espn-and-abc-combined/
goboiano.com/naruto-animator-kazunori-mizuno-passes-away-from-overwork/
programminginsider.com/ratings/final-nationals/saturday-final-nationals-masters-golf-third-round-dips-second-lowest-rating-60-years/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Family Guy still losing to Jack

8:00 Dragon Ball Super 0.44 704 0.26 337
8:30 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.39 586 0.25 324
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.44 687 0.31 399
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.49 800 0.39 497

10:00 Family Guy (r) 0.68 1057 0.52 669
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.81 1246 0.61 787

Good job, Ass-hi.

And weak comedy reruns

3:30a Bob’s Burgers (r) 455 0.24 310
4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 463 0.25 323
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 500 0.26 323

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 529 0.26 334
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 518 0.26 337

A great episode

Best

Jojo's Bizarre Memeventure being burned off and is NEVER coming back

stay cucked, jojobronies

>JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 679,000
tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/saturday-cable-ratings-april-8-2017/
>JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 783,000
Somebody's playing the ruse game here.

Numbers a straight from SotB that he posted 15 mins ago, you can check for yourself. Regardless Jojo still did terrible

>Attack on Titan S2 will replace Jojo's Bizarre Adventure starting next Saturday at 12:30am. Demarco hopes to run Stardust Crusaders "soon"

Damnit!

Well, at least it's not forever. I hope.

Fuckin' love JoJo.

The reason I bring it up is that I've never seen the ratings jump UP over 140k viewers between two shows (which is what the SotB numbers imply between JoJo and Tokyo Ghoul). That's an insane boost for 1am. Jumping up 37k viewers is a bit more believable.

There's only 2 episodes of Jojo left?

Wow, we are getting season 2 AOT literally 2-3 weeks after Japan?

Not bad, I'm actually suprised

Honestly, how do people put up with hour block reruns as a regular format?

Not sure why 500,000 viewers at 4 AM is considered "weak"

Last year's ratings for comparison:

12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai 1385 0.62 787
12:30a Dimension W 1143 0.52 659
1:00a Parasyte: The Maxim 1026 0.45 574
1:30a Samurai Champloo 856 0.37 468
2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 779 0.32 411
2:30a One Piece 649 0.27 343
3:00a Kill La Kill (r) 640 0.27 345

programminginsider.com/ratings/final-nationals/saturday-final-nationals-nascar-on-fox-outdraws-both-nba-games-on-espn-and-abc-combined/

toonami's dead and whatnot

>Tokyo Ghoul AND HxH obliterated Jojo
Good thing it's going to be off the block.

Yep, just a 3 week gap. That's even shorter than the gap that Dimension W had.

While some people have been memeing that the double JoJo this Saturday is Toonami "burning off" the show (which is silly, two episodes isn't really a burn-off), I think it's more Toonami wanting to get to Attack on Titan ASAP and have as short a gap as possible. Three weeks is probably the fastest they can get the dub out (since a number of the VAs Funimation hired aren't in-house).

Spoilers if you haven't read it: Cars becomes the ultimate being, Jojo flys away on a plane while Cars arms turn into wings like some fabulous faggot bird so he can fly after him, they fight on a Volcano then Cars get launched into space. Then there is a funeral scene because everybody thinks Jojo is dead but he shows up to the funeral because he just ended up in Italy and gets married Suzy Q who forgot to send a telegram to tell them Jojo survived.

It could fit into two episodes as long as they don't do too much inner monologuing.

Neither is Kill La Kill

That makes me happy.

Not bad overall. This is the last Saturday of SandWhale and Me as well. From what I've seen of the new season of Attack on Titan, it shows promise, but it's only 12 weeks.

They often do better is why

This is great to see.

You are right it is unusual. I was just saying I didn't change them for a laff or anything

It seems that the only reason JJBA is doing as bad as it is is because anyone with any interest in the series is anticipating both the Part IV movie and the announcement of part V, as part 1 and 2 of the current anime (subbed) aired 5 years ago. Also I've heard snippets of the english dubs and there's really no substitute for Takehito Koyasu as Dio.

Killing One Piece and putting Naruto in its place is killing the comedy replays.

>y-you could watch it subbed years ago!
>the d-dub sucks!

Literally not an excuse. Other shows on the block have the same handicap and don't have the issues Jojo does. Jojobronies told us for months that Jojo would pull record ratings because it was so good and popular, now they are backpedaling saying that it's a bomb because it's been available

the dub is also around 2 years go, the only shows in a similar situation are tokyo ghoul and naruto

Wrong. Naruto isn't the issue, Unicorn is where a huge chunk of viewers fucked off and that killed everything after it

>he thinks I'm backpedaling
I didn't care when they announced it. I thought it was cool that they picked it up but I'm not about to re-watch something just because it got picked up on TV.

And look at that Tokyo Ghoul isn't having any trouble despite people bitching for a month that it was the worst show ever created. Could it be that people just don't like Jojo? It is exactly that, but you will fish for any kind of excuse

pathetic, people aren't watching a show they supposedly like because of "anticipation"? you jojobronies will jump through any hoop you can get to justify your shit fanbase

put TG on earlier and it would draw AGK numbers

>memeurai jack barely beating R&M

Fucking based. The sooner we get rid of this dumbass 90's kid faggotry the better.

Someone doesn't like a certain show.

goboiano.com/naruto-animator-kazunori-mizuno-passes-away-from-overwork/

we're like 3 episodes in and it did awfully last week

The whole fucking block did because of Reddit and Meme you absolute retard

that's no excuse, it's a new show, it should be doing better regardless

Are JoJobronies going to join KLKcucks and OPfags in the ever growing shitposting brigade in /tg/?

well it's not like any of the other shows are interesting enough to talk about, except maybe hunter x hunter

I WANT TO FUCK THICCSHI

hungry marie on toonami when

>Jojobronies told us for months that Jojo would pull record ratings
No one except the most delusional of us ever said that. I expected it to sit around the 1 million mark at best.

>barely beating
>Samurai Jack got 1.335 million viewers
>the four airings of R&M got 687k, 800k, 463k, and 500k
I don't see what you're referring to here.

nice quads and don't forgot the highest rating R&M epsiode was at 11 because people thought SJ would be on

jojo rating was wrong, has now been corrected

programminginsider.com/ratings/final-nationals/saturday-final-nationals-masters-golf-third-round-dips-second-lowest-rating-60-years/

was right

also this was obviously wrong, jojo had the exact same ratings as last week

R&M at 11pm had 949k viewers. I still don't see how Samurai Jack "barely" beat that with 386k more.

>people claiming that jack's ratings are going to tank and never recover after last week
>they're just as high as they were two weeks ago
You people are retarded.

Alongside the HxHfaggots, yes.

Weekly reminder that One Piece is the best selling manga WORLDWIDE.

Okay.

As well as the DBZfags, the AoTfags, the Ghoulfags, the Gundamfags, the Narutards, and the SACucks.
All cancer.

if it looks like a girl, it not gay

If it has a penis it is though

>still arguing over nielsen ratings

Unicorn will never recover it's OVA's 1-3 numbers will it? Especially since the next episode is all about the Axis Shock and references CCA.

Well, Unicorn was bumped back from all the normal shounen/normalfag viewers. The only people watching it are people who unironically enjoy Naruto, or who want to watch GiTS. Look at how HxH is doing in Naruto's old timeslot; almost as good total numbers, but the demo numbers are way lower.

Unicorn has been in the gutter for most of its run. That's why it got shoved to 2am. It's a fucking bore

What the fuck does Aku say in this weeks promo when taking out all the Scottsmen?

"Perhaps taking out this scum will break me out of my..."

Mee.. something

MALAAAAAAAAAAISE.

Unicorn was consistently pulling in 900k+ viewers before Banagher got drafted into Zeon.

Kek, like 99% of those sales are in Japan.

The only time I ever heard this word was like 15 or so years ago when EverQuest was still a thing.

god damn

That's like saying that Xmen Gold is the best-selling comic book ever. 99% of those sales are in the US.

Now that Jack has leveled out at 1.3 million, I'm sure the shitposters will keep this point in mind and argue in good faith from now on, surely.

Aren't those lower numbers than previous Toonami debuts?

Was Jojo doing well enough to justify Part 3?

Is cars gonna make a return since he isn't dead and is the ultimate being or not because we are in alternate dimension Jojo now

The answer to that question is:
Did Jojo pull in better ratings at it's time slots than other series?

12:30 AM Naruto 1.124 million viewers
12:30a Naruto Shippuden 798,000 Viewers
12:30 Akame Ga Kill: 1,183,000
12:30a Dimension W 1143 0.52 659
12:30 Gundum:IBO: 807,000

no, its been their worst "big" acquisition.. fucking IBO pulled better ratings

JoJo was a mistake.

Hm. Pity.

>people literally changed the channel from Jojo and then put it back for OwTheEdge.jpg

Jesus. Say goodbye to that Part 3. That shit's never coming now.

>Ryuukoposter was right all along

The English dub truly is terrible. Like, I get the IDEA of having your VAs do Italian accents for the Italian characters or British accents for the British characters, but that would have only ever worked if you had hired ACTUAL Italians and Brits that have ACTUAL accents. Listening to the same generic American dub VAs try to fake accents just sounds like complete shit.

Man HxH is fucking boring as shit when it focuses on Gon and edgy white hair boy.

Shit only got interesting when it focused on Kurapika criminal adventures and revenge plot.

No.
Though there is a fan theory that the "alien" from part 4 is an amnesiac Kars that fell back to Earth, which would explain its apparently not Stand-related shapeshifting powers, but that's just an unproven theory.

JoJo is too gay for the average anime viewer.

Kurapika best girl (male)

too bad he gets completely dropped after Yorknew along with everyone who isn't Gon and Killua

I was thinking about reading the manga after watching a little bit more of the dub.

He doesn't get his own arc again?

Reminder that Kamen Rider OOO was superior to KLK in practically every ways.

>Reply
The current arc is but it's in the very early stages.

Could The Saint have been Kars in the new universe?

>The current arc
It will be 5 years long.

Adult Swim viewership in general is down substantially, about 30% from last year last I checked. It is, but Jack is still doing better than anything we had for the past year, outdoing Family Guy, and coming in at the highest premiere on cable. So yes it's doing worse from a raw number standpoint, but it actually is doing good when you consider everything

The only reason it was even picked up was because they mistook the jojo memes for genuine interest.

It's a pretty popular series in most places in the world, but it's just not a good fit for general USA consumption. Literally too bizarre.

Same reason they've had one piece airing later where only more committed viewers are going to stay for it.

No, the Saint is Joshua Ben Joseph aka Jesus Christ, the first JoJo

Actually it's more the fact that JoJo V1 and V2 are pretty much completely different from the Jo-Jo stuff people actually like/talk about.

Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency are basically misfit seasons since they have no Stands and are retro-pieces. Also, Battle Tendencies in particular features shitty villains and basically is a placeholder until Dio comes back.

In a lot of ways, AS should have started with Stardust Crusaders and then run Phantom Blood/Battle Tendencies afterwords or between the first and second part of SC.....

Except that's wrong. Jesus was reborn and went to Heaven.

>Pillar Men are shitty villains

Why you say that?

Does anyone have a 1080p shot of this scene?

>hips
Never noticed how thicc they were there

It's a shame it did so bad. I really enjoy Part 2 and think the dub did a damn good job, barring Caesar.

It's weird because the ratings would indicate that the series is poison, but every Part is very different from one another. Give it some time off the block and start airing promos that really play up the fact that this is the JoJo with Enemy Stands and Jotaro and ORAORAORAORA and all the memes, and I think people will watch. I have a suspicion Parts 1&2 didn't do well because most people hear JoJo and think stands nowadays, sadly enough, although Part 3 was ALWAYS the most popular, unequivocally.

I dunno, my first exposure to Jojo was Part 1 and Part 2 summaries, especially talking about vampires, stone masks, and Hamon, so I was really looking forward to Part 1 and Part 2. Part 1 was a lot weaker than Part 2, I thought, especially with the gimmicky villains. Part 2 has a much more coherent story and better villains.

>In a lot of ways, AS should have started with Stardust Crusaders and then run Phantom Blood/Battle Tendencies afterwords or between the first and second part of SC.....
How would that even work and what would be the point?