Rejected TFA ideas:

Rejected TFA ideas:

>dual red&blue lightsaber
>primitive lightsabers
>Luke put in sand trap
>visiting Sheev's throne room underwater
>Rey cutting Star Destroyers with lightsaber

ahahahahahaha

looking at the concept art makes me sad for what could have been.

>>primitive lightsabers
>>Luke put in sand trap
>>visiting Sheev's throne room underwater
all of these would be good, hardly anything genuinely interesting in that garbage movie

Jakku actually being a junk planet instead of tattoinne rip off

now that looks cool

Can somebody link the whole book?

damn, Kira sounds way better for SW character than Rey that is gay

how would sheev's throne end up underwater? even if it miraculously survived the death star explosion it would still burn up on atmosphere entry

those abandoned at-at walkers look cool, but it might have been a bit too much. that said, the idea of a junkyard planet populated by scrap collectors is great, and at least rey would have a more interesting backstory/childhood than sand planet numero three

>how would sheev's throne end up underwater? even if it miraculously survived the death star explosion it would still burn up on atmosphere entry

star wars

God damnit I hate TFA for real.
Or at least the entire skeleton of it, being a complete rip off of ANH.

I don't know who alzmann is but he seems to understand film better than JJ

taken

they tried to do this with rey in the at-at
it was just poorly done

>dual red and blue
>rey cutting stay destroyers with lightsaber

if either of these were in, Sup Forums would just shit on them.
The rest are alright to cool.

>Changed her name from Kira to Rey because "Kira" sounded to ethnic and "Rey" is a non-distinct 1 syllable utterance like "Luke"

goddamn, this is like cyberpunk meets star wars, it's different but so refreshing and would explain why luke wants nothing to do with this world anymore so instead he hides away on an ancient island

that uniform would fit kylo more than some space scottish gangsters
also I hate kylo's mask, it sucks

concept art is always way better than scifi movies

see original star wars concept art

Damn those orange SD's are fucking boss

> from flying droid that is functional to soccer ball rolling thing that wouldn't be able to climb stairs let alone fucked up terrain

But at least we're getting Porgs!

>tfw we will never know what the Knights of Ren are or what they look like
It hurts

we'll probably get them in IX because with snoke dead we'll need some new baddies

The first order was originally a group of imperials that ran off into the intergalactic twilight. There they had to adapt to survive. Sith alchemy and other ancient technologies found from long dead alien worlds warped them in both mind and body. That's why Snoke has almost no backstory, he was supposed to be an alien that found the first order and took over. Starkiller base was also supposed to be already built by a long dead xenos race. The first order merely took it.

Even the Vader Helmet in the concept art looks better than what we actually got lol

He will return.

>sith alchemy
did TFA even mention the word sith? I get the impression disney wants to replace jedi/sith with light side/dark side, which is shit imo

shit like that is cool imo, the idea of lost ancient shit in the deep space more powerful than anything that could be imagined

That story for the empire itself still lines up, they just don't bother making the empire look like they use magic. This is what bothered be in the EU the whole time, regardless of how high-profile the Sith were in the New Sith Empire or TOR, the soldiers are still clean and pretend to not care about their superiors dressing like monks with spikes on their shoulders, using space magic.

it's like obi wan back in ANH talking about the old days with the jedi knights and the republic, not to be a prequel hater, but lucas sure fucked that up

The visual dictionary of TLJ finally confirmed that the Sith are extinct but that Snoke and Kylo are still dark side force users.
It feels like they tried to throw a bone to the prophecy that the chosen one will destroy the Sith and bring balance to the force but then forgot about half of it.

>This is what bothered be in the EU the whole time, regardless of how high-profile the Sith were in the New Sith Empire or TOR, the soldiers are still clean and pretend to not care about their superiors dressing like monks with spikes on their shoulders, using space magic.
The whole Tarkin taking over was the empire rejecting space magic

>"dark side force users"

> he doesn't know about the theories that Snoke is not force-sensitive but would still train Kylo in it

Wow it actually looks like metal that has been burnt instead of melted tin can

by episode ix the force will probably be very accessible (ie; stable boy at end of episode 8) but most people wont have the specific powers of the jedi or sith, a 'grey side' if you will

Aargh where are the Knights of Akatsuki? I thought surely they would be in VIII after that cocktease in VII. I just want my kewl design of mooks so that I can buy those toys!

The idea was rejected because it would be problematic for bb-8 to move around the surface of the planet

i based a redo of the ST of these concept art pieces

>remove starkiller base and replace it with Byss, the EU planet that palpatine kept secret as his personal base
>after the death of the emperor the super secret contingency plans went into affect and all high ranking moffs and admirals like Thrawn flee to the planet to consolidate their forces
>there on the planet they find snoke, an ancient sith lord entombed in a crypt that palpatine had found during his quests for more power
>as the backup plan entails they awaken snoke (and his personal bodyguards who are in stasis fields besides him, the knights of ren), who ASSUMES DIRECT CONTROL
>snoke is obsessed with the dark side, a collector of ancient sith artifacts, and is enraged that the sith bloodline was wiped out due to palpatines reliance on technology (he believes sith sorcery and ritual is the way to go)
>snoke sets the first order on 2 missions, one find all the sith artifacts they can, and two find him the Skywalker, the one who was able to defeat the rule of the sith
>the first order go out and scour the galaxy, they rob coruscant of all artifacts left by palpatine, they scour korriban, mustafar, and other worlds powerful in the darkside like dagobah.
>snoke grows in power as he heals from his long sleep and reaches out to find the Skywalker, inevitably finding Ben skywalker as a young jedi knight who feels the pull of the darkside
>snoke decides he must draw out Ben out to get to the Skywalker
>he sends his fleets and armies (now built upon ancient sith designs from the manufacturing stations on Byss and the troops from cloning tech Palpatine had stolen from the kaminoans, its basically a mini star forge) to do terrorist hit and run attacks on undefended worlds

What book is this?

what?

it was probably rejected because its just a generic drone like in fucking destiny and with bb8 they can sell a cool ass toy

>The republic and the nu-jedi investigate and are horrified at what they find
>Ben is sent on a mission to a planet in the unknown regions with few other jedi to investigate dark side disturbances (luke doesnt want to leave the academy undefended and doesnt believe Ben wont be able to handle it)
>the knights of ren are waiting in ambush and trap Ben and the other nujedi
>they take Ben and the others to Byss
>snoke tortures Ben and reveals truths like Vader being his grandfather and pulls a "certain point of view" on Ben
>Ben, who always felt the tug of the dark gives in as he feels his life was a lie and Luke betrayed him (i feel like Luke and Ben could be kinda distant as well with Ben always feeling like he couldnt measure up to Luke) and so decides to finish what Vader started and become Kylo Ren to kill Luke.
>snoke says he must become stronger and sends him around collecting more shit like an errand boy until he has "proven" himself
>finally Kylo gets all pissy that he cant fight luke and so he takes the knights of ren to lukes academy and razes it to the ground. Luke is able to fight Kylo off and kill the knights of ren but loses his academy and all his students while Kylo flees back to Snoke
>Luke ashamed (he taps into the darkside when he sees his students dead from Kylo and absolutely fucks the knights) goes to the unknown regions at the advice of Obiwan to find the Journal of the Whills, leaving r2 with a piece of the star map to give to Leia and Han
>snoke senses Luke flee to the unknown regions and remembers the Whills from the old times
>enraged he tortures Kylo and says they must find Luke before he is able to find those teachings and is able to bring back the Jedi in the way the Whills used to be (they were superpowerful or some shit i dunno fuck you its star wars)
>Snoke unleashes his forces on the galaxy as he realizes it is time to move forward with his plan and sends Kylo to murderfuck his parents and get the map

minor tweaks

>make Finn an imperial officer who is doubting this nu-empire that snoke is creating and doesnt agree with all the dark side shit snoke is doing. finn would be a true military man
>first order troops dont look like stormtroopers and are embedded with sith technology like cyborg slaves, they are backed up by grizzled elite stormtrooper veterans (think tr8r but in all facets, these are elite commando stormies)
>poe is a spice runner that meets finn when he gets captured during a first order terror attack.
>finn doesnt want to fight for the first order but has qualms killing the OG stormtroopers because hes fought with them for so long
>finn wants to go to the resistance, poe doesnt until he meets han solo who acts like a father figure to the young spice runner
>the republic still has armies but they are tied down in bureaucracy and Leia has to whip their asses into shape along with Ackbar
>turns out chancellor Mothma is a cunt and refuses to fight since theyve had relative peace for so long and the "attacks" are on fringe systems
>no superweapons
>no rey
>if i have to make han die then chewie throws himself at kylo right after and kicks the shit out of him before being put down by a shit ton of elite stormtroopers and FO troopers who drag kylo off (chewie gets a bittersweet send off, hed massacre troopers left and right and literally pull kylos right arm off)
>lukes actually in the movie in flashbacks and expository scenes, plus in a hologram that he puts in R2 to tell Han and Leia what happened (which also conveniently tells us what happened)

>selling ass toys to children
This is literally the level jews are operating on nowadays

>my favorite parts of star wars movies are usually the quiet moments, because thats when you really get into the heart of a character. the twin suns moment is absolutely perfect. Even just luke poking at his food while having a light argument with his aunt and uncle, thats where you actually get pulled in as a viewer

and now im fucking mad again

If you read TLJ has Rey cutting a ship with his primitive lightsaber you would say it's retarded

>made of tie-fighter wings

It looks like Disney got some real creative people on board, shame they didn't use any of their ideas

Just imagine the process of Disney presenting the concept of those primitive light sabers to a focus group and at the precise moment someone asks "but why are they..." they decide it's too difficult for the audience to grasp and crap the idea

>actual original ship designs
>all thrown in the trash
LOL

some ideas I came up with while reading this thread that would have, in my opinion fixed TFA somewhat:

>Jakku lies allong a once busy hyperspace lane and lies somewhere close to a demilitarized zone between the new republic and Imperial Remnant

>Jakku used to be a prosperous planet akkin to naboo, Alderaan or even a less densly populated coruscant-like planet. got turned into a desolate wasteland filled with shipwrecks and destroyed vehicles due to years of heavy fighting

>rey/Kira lost her parents to the constant struggles and skirmishes between the new republic and the empire, despised both sides for destroying her home planet, became a scavenger like most/all other citizens that are left on the planet.

>Imperial Remnant and New Republic are stuck into an unstable peace/cold war with one another

>The Empire fractured into 3/4 different major factions, Including the Empire Propper who whent trough some Gorbachev-style reforms

>one of wich is the First Order, formed by Imperial Hardliners further bolstered by defectors when the empire somewhat reformed. becoming enemies of the imperial Remnant, Chiss Accendancy and New Republic who joined forces to oppose and combat these "extremists".

>chiss accendancy Excommunicates all chiss that left with the First Order, while The Imperial Remnant Declares all officers of the First Order Traitors of the highest degree

>The First Order quickly fled into the intergalactic void fooling the Galaxy at large that they where beaten, and just another minor Imperial Splinter faction, while rebuilding their forces outside of the known galaxy, stumbling upon StarKiller base aswell as ancient sith technology.

>Snoke Is plagueis the wise, retconned as an ancient Sith Ruler being even a myth to Sith Lords Such As Palpatine, who actually cheated death.

>this ancient sith weaponry, extinct Sith Empire and Snoke himself is the "Outside threat" that Thrawn Warned about.

uhm, no, selling toys has always been a huge part of star wars since literally day one (post premier)

they literally sold so many toys that they had to give people receipts because they couldnt make enough of them

also pretty much why the prequels got made

>theories
with disney? bitch please

Read closer.

Return to leddit and never come back

Don't you like Porgs, user?

how much is the mouse paying you?

>Hamill always wanted Luke to grow a Samurai haircut
>film goes into production just as millions of hipsters grow out man buns
life can be cruel

Alot better than what we got but the Han but is fanfic tier

Your posts scream where you crawled out from and you need to leave.

eh, Luke cut up an AT-AT with his saber

Oh, I remember that robotic Junk Man character from way back. WTF happened to him?

The orange star destroyers are actually pretty damn good.
I hope when SW gets back in good hands someone revisits that design.

Because hurr durr muh reddit spacing right?
I like my points to be readable you overly triggered twat. I don't even use Reddit.

>good, functional-esque looking designs that isn't just a rehash of the old stuffs

all of those hard work by the concept artists thrown into the shitter, jesus christ.

Underwater Sheevstation would be Kino 2bh.

On a planet with atmosphere and oxygen.

ONLY REY CAN HAVE THE MAN BUN, BUT SHE'S A WOMAN SO WE'LL GIVE HER THREE MANBUNS! HAH!

killing han was always gonna be fanfic tier so i just left it the same and had chewies rage more believable

>>primitive lightsabers

top kek is literal WE WUZ tier

The one guy who says "uhm, no" is the one who can't fucking read, what a surprise.

Ignore the other faggit, this was interesting. Liked the demilitarized zone idea.
Physical Berlin-Wall style split in the galaxy would have made for nice big clear metaphor
about duality etc if they were going to keep with the "finding balance" and "unity" theme.

Throw lots of floating space wrecks in planetary orbit too.
So there's a mix of scavenger classes. Orbital workers and ground scavengers.

During the budget cut Emperor couldn't afford metal mask so he gave Anakin's plastic mask instead

>Dude remember those triangle SDs from the OTs?
>yea bruh
>Dude, remember those sphere ships from Prequels?
>yup
>dude...
>Dude.
>DUDE!
They look pretty baller though

I remember when this board was going crazy claiming it was Luke.

>everyone's ideas about Rey being Sheev's relative or endless theories of who is whose descendant about Rey, Snoke, etc.

The cunt that plays Rey literally says in a Wired interview "why does everyone expect these new character to be linked to old ones? It's a completely new story!"

>we

No.

We've noticed the "muh reddit" mouseshill trick, faggot.
You cucks have no independent thought and default to prescripted barbs and gaymemes like the insects you are.
You're incredibly easy to spot as fake channers because there's no natural distribution in your group behaviors.
And generally you have no judgement of appropriate context. Probably more a result of your personality disorders than shill management systems.

> retarded episode of Rebels where a girl invented a machine that latches onto Mandalorian armor and disintegrates everybody wearing it
> later on she reprogrammed it to latch onto Stormtrooper armor
> retard on Twitter asks if the machine would also latch onto Vaders armor with that setting
> in the behind the scenes mini-docs they answer him and say Stormtoopers wear plastoid and Vader durasteel
> even though earlier canon material confirmed Vaders helmet is mostly plastoid with tiny bits of metal

Yeah, they shouldn't work as well as they do.
Talented designer.

> call the main movies Skywalker Saga
> kill the last Skywalker
> last movie without Skywalkers

Yeah, why did people expect this, I mean GOSH!?

I'd like to actually non-autisticly confront Kennedy over this. How could she argue that changing it from this to a Tattoonie clone was a creatively motivated decision?

it makes sense that theyd revamp old confederacy tech into working ships instead of somehow having funding to relinquish all the old SDs to the republic for decommission and build a completely new armada plus a new super duper special death star

I think Smoke and the Knights of Ren should have been a separate faction from the First Order. All those Moffs and admirals are tired of serving under spooky force wizards and with the emperor's death, they're looking to establish a new Empire that is opposed to *all* force users.

>uhm, no,

yeah but when force users single handedly fuck up all your soldiers you then reconsider and just let them in reluctantly

Ian McCaig designed Rey as an Asian qt.

Instead we got the dickpizza

In that case it would have made sense to have seen Venator refits as well, unless it is implied that most Venators/Accumulators were worked to their limit and then some in early empire days and the reason for the new design is because the Remnant needed new ships and pulled captured CIS vessels from some backwater shipyard.

You see, Johnny, sometimes when a Lucrehulk and a Super Star Destroyer love each other very much...

so one of two things would happen if rey tried cutting a star destroyer like that. either the saber would fly right out of her hand the same way a metal sword would at that speed, or the saber wouldn't have enough time to burn through the metal and it would only shave off a very thin piece of the surface. either way it would be pointless because the star destroyer's hull is far thicker than a fucking lightsaber

Shit, I remember something like that too. Was it that? I swear there was a promotional image/concept art of Kylo Ren and people were theorizing who it was

I remember when Luke was an evil cyborg and the movie would end with him kidnapping Kira.

this makes me incredibly sad. What we got is just so horrible.

Snyder uses graphic novels as his storyboards ffs but sci fi directors can't make the cinematography, set design, props, characters based directly off the breathtaking concept art.
Is it ego? I think it's ego.

> most saber props have a second button on them that's said to control length of the blade
> Rey turns the button and makes her saber a mile long
> still gets the saber knocked out of her hand because Luke couldn't even cut the railing in the Emperors throne room without hammering on it 4 times with all his might.

Still better than TFA.

JJ looks at this and says nah, let's copy a new hope
imagine being that much of a hack

luke or obi wan could have just cut the death star in half if this were true

Remember how dumb it was for the millenium falcon to enter the planet at lightspeed?
Suposedly the new republic had this giant shield piercer
I guess they would use this to launch the fighter and then when the shield would be deactivated the fleet would bombard the planet but JJ wanted to repeat a new hope

Let me dump a lot of TFA concept art.

>>>>>>>>>>>> Darth Talon

What is it with peoples obsession with this useless character?