>Kill off the two most interesting parts of your film in the first half
BRAVO Kubrick

>kill
>pyle
"private pyle you are definitely born again hard"
how fucking new are you friendo ?

Bump

only non-plebs can recognise that the second half is just as good as the first

Crazy Earl, 8-ball and Animal mother are not in the first half.

Why did Kubrick cut out the part where Animal mother cuts off the lil gook kid's head?
why did Kubrick add that the gook sniper speaks english to beg for Joker to kill her?
what the fuck was Kubrick thinking

Hartman was a drill sergeant and would not have appeared in any Vietnam scenes.
Lawrence, although cleared for active duty, obviously wasn't equipped mentally or physically for combat and would have either offed himself or gotten killed a week into deployment.

I've often read that Animal Mother is what Pyle would have become, should he have gone into combat.

Yes because that's how Kubrick described Animal Mother.

Implying rafterman was killed in the first half ....

Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

what did he mean by this ?

Killing them off in that manner is what made them interesting, and drill sergeants aren't shipped off to war with their graduates either way, so he wouldn't have been in the other half even if he hadn't been killed.

Well, you see, Kubrick was a genius, so you can't judge his movies if you are not a genius.

>Why did Kubrick cut out the part where Animal mother cuts off the lil gook kid's head?
Because it'd serve no purpose other than gore and lessen the impact of the ending.
>why did Kubrick add that the gook sniper speaks english to beg for Joker to kill her?
Because people have a hard enough time understanding Joker's actions and the meaning of the movie as it is, so it's just a bit of artistic license to help people along.

He had to expose the JFK murder in the second half

This is ultimate pleb litmus test, if someone claims the first part of FMJ is more interesting you know for sure they are a grade A plebeian.

You're a real comedian.

Tell me more.

meet me in that book suppository building, sir

ARVN soldiers are spineless inefficient corrupt cowards.