The Grand Tour s02e01

2/10

i thought it was alright, much better than last season

the studio section is still a bitch cringe

t. Rimac CEO

the fact they didn't bring back the NASCAR guy as nu-stig was a big relief

I know he was hated, but I actually liked him. And what now, no test driver and no timed laps at all? Huh?

>2/10
why ? it was a clear improvement over S01

>why
Because I feel the opposite.
The main theme (compare three powerplants type for supercars) was great but wasted. Virtually no competition between cars except a short drag race, a little tech and other info provided, cars do not evaluated at all. Instead of cars, they concentrated on humour talks, and it wasn't good too. Outside this dull three-cars movie, almost nothing happens.
I hope that's their one-time fail, because it looks like Benny Hill's swan song programs when compared to earlier achievements.

you are literally the only person I've seen have this reaction you dumb faggot

Eat shit, so many flies can't bo wrong

Everything he said is right, don't know if it's worse then season 1 tough

It felt a bit empty desu. The show usually has more than just one driving film, this was just Switzerland, Conversation Street and the celeb bit. I'm hoping they only dragged out the Swiss bit because Hammond nearly died, and the old format returns next episode.

>Virtually no competition
hamond crashed you dipshit. plus they brought celebrity racing back. wtf is wrong with you people ?

>people spent all of last series complaining there were too many features
>now they're complaining there aren't enough

>hamond crashed you dipshit
And what? This and the uphill race itself is still a small, insignificant part of the program, which kinda stopped to be a motoring show. Where are these discussions, comparisons, plus/minus balancing, Clarkson humorously points on every small flaw of the car he drive... I wanted to learn sth about these cars, but learned nothing. I don't even know if they liked it or not and what for.
>plus they brought celebrity racing back
Well that's the part I've never interested in. Where are lap times comparisons, again?

>a little tech and other info provided, cars do not evaluated at all.
>Instead of cars, they concentrated on humour talks

You're the stupidest person I've ever talked to on Sup Forums, why you thought you deserved a thread of your own to spout your retarded shit is beyond me.

Fyi they've reviewed the Aventador and NSX in previous episodes and this episode had PLENTY for the Rimac.

I'm actually with him on this, it could have used some breaking up with a car test or something, but I think they meant it as a special and dragged it out because of Hammond.

6.5/10. It was cozy and Im excited to see some new challenges

>guys guys i've got a great idea
>lets bring back the worthless star in a reasonably priced car segment
>with the most worthless no-name stars ever
who the fuck thought the show would be improved by putting david hasslehoff in the premier episode for fucks sake

Yeah why can't they just bring back the $2000 shitbox segments. And it'd be nice to see some diversity on the show.

yes. make every episode either a race ie the heathrow to oslo race, road trip ie the beach buggy episodes from last season or cheap car challenge and I'd be happy. even if they have to rehash ideas from tg it would be fine, like how they already did amphibious cars and lorries twice and both times were great.

>now they're complaining there aren't enough
I only want more than one. I don't care if the other one is James May reviewing people carriers. The show just needed breaking up a bit.

>James May reviewing people carriers

Would absolutely kill to watch that

Aventator > NSX > the electric car top gear made back in the day > that electric bitch they used

>tfw the Reassembler will never be part of the show
There can be a feature before it where Clarkson and Hammond break shit

>that electric bitch they used

Man, I was absolutely staggered by the Rimac.

Plus it had so much fucking soul.

The first episode was great, and it reminded me of the good old Top Gear.

Glad they changed the stupid things.

Big fan of the cunts since 2005!

Why, it claims to save fossil fuel, but proves to be a great fuel by itself

It was good.

When does the BBC sue for ripping off top gear?

And it was really good.

Maybe the worst "Top Gear" episode I've ever seen, including the new BBC TG. If the rest of the season is like this there's no way it's getting renewed.

you're a retard.

It's apparent that the show's producer and creative teams contracts finally ended with the BBC and they could flip to Amazon. Ep1 felt like a regular Top Gear episode.

7/10 (the celebrity bit was too long). I have high hopes for this season though

>When does the BBC sue for ripping off top gear?
TGT doesn't want to be sued, so they avoiding races and other established stupp associated with a Top Gear. Celebrity brain crash from S1 was a result of BBC trying to stop TGT from inviting a celebs to ride on track. The seemingly reached an agreement in this case at least.

I thought it was okay, like another non mentioned it seems like they had to kind of stretch what footage they had because of the accident.

Maybe not the best choice for a premiere episode, but it does let them get the crash and pneumonia stuff out of the way.

Yeah, I figure this wouldn't be the first episode, or a whole episode, except that they had the crash to build up to.

8/10

user*

i liked it. i especially liked how they admitted the celebrity brain crash thing was unfunny as shit and everybody hated it.