The only reason you dont like her producing is because shes a WOMAN!

AM I wrong!?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5TGJquhP1s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How unfortunate that JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy sidelined Leia in the Force Awakens. In The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, she was implied by Yoda, Luke and Vader to have *As Much* potential in the Force as Luke (a potential that was actually explored in the Expanded Universe novels). If JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy wanted to actually show a female Force user and develop alternative perspectives on the nature of the Force, they should have used Leia. As a diplomat, leader, and mother, she could have used and been guided by the Force in ways we've not seen onscreen yet. Mediating disputes between contentious factions after the fall of the Empire. Inspiring hope, courage and forgiveness in those who follow her. Drawing on the selfless maternal instinct to protect and sacrifice for her children. These are just several new and compelling ways Leia could have demonstrated how the Light Side of the Force can be used for good.

What a shame JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy did Leia and Carrie Fisher such a disservice. Instead of developing a beloved and classic character in a way that elevated the story and universe of Star Wars, they took a page from fanfiction.net and inserted Rey.

Now Carrie Fisher is dead, and their failure is complete.

Even though Leia had all the potential to be a Jedi and even though Disney and Kathleen "The Force Is Female" Kennedy could have used her to bring in a new, uniquely feminine perspective, they didn't. Why not? Three words:

Disney. Hates. Mothers.

Because little girls hate their moms and want to be as different from them as possible. And since Disney wants to market Star Wars to little girls, and that means marketing Jedi, presenting an old, wise, maternal Leia as the CoverGirl of female Force users was the last thing they'd ever do. Even though it would have made sense in-universe, and would have elevated Leia's character in a meaningful way, it would have devalued the IP. So instead they're using Rey, who, like all the Disney princesses, must be young, kind, headstrong, independent, naturally gifted and an orphan. If she must have a parent, it will be a father figure.

Why do women hide behind their sex everytime they fuck up?

>Calls first film The force awakens?
>HAs Boy actually appear in second film catching the brrom and it not be Rey

Hang on I thought the Force awakens meant there were going to be some new Jedi?

I don't like her because she's shit at her job, her gender doesn't come into the equation. Two of my favourite films were directed by women.

Disney is making a hard pivot in marketing the Star Wars brand. They'll say something along the lines of "We want to bring the magic of a Galaxy Far Far Away to new and diverse audiences". But that's corporate for "We want to double our target demographic by making the brand appealing to girls."
Part of this pivot is the obvious inclusion and elevation of female characters (Rey, Jyn, Sabine, Iden, Holdo Rose, Kira) and including girls in product commercials.
A less obvious part is shedding the image of Star Wars as being the domain of autistic boys fussing over the details of the universe and technology. This is done more subtly: decanonizing the EU, redefining the nature of the Force, and diminishing the importance of the OT and PT.

Trying to attract new (casual) fans to an established franchise can be challenging and Disney doesn't want their new female demographic put off by a backlog of games and books because:
A) that media is already in circulation.
B) that much lore presents a steep learning curve to new fans.

It's not fun to be constantly corrected by "Well, Actually..." or to have your nerd cred measured based on encyclopedic knowledge of obscure facts from the Expanded Universe.
So Disney solved this challenge by negating and replacing the EU. Now when a nu-fan is confronted by an obscure fact
>(the Rebel mission to steal the Death Star plans involved Kyle Katarn and Havet Storm. It took place on Toprawa. Facet Anamor was the daughter the superweapon's designer: Druth)
they just chuckle "lol, Nope, non-canon"
>(now the Rebel mission to steal the Death Star plans involved Captain Cassian, took place on Scariff, and Jyn Erso is the daughter of the superweapon's designer: Galen)
This levels the playing field. Signaling a high level of fandom today simply requires buying into the latest line of merchandise or keeping up to date on the latest trickle of hints and sneak peaks carefully released by the studio.

Before the new trilogy she talked about how a character like Padmé would have her own story. Rey is obviously Kylo's future wife and mother to his children, fulfilling the role of what Kathleen Kennedy want. What people are mad about is that they wrongly assumed her to be a new Luke or related to him, not an outsider joining the family. I have nothing against Kathleen Kennedy or the new trilogy but Kylo needed to have had more focus as the last Skywalker, not set aside to give screen time to Finn or Poe.

She made 2billion for The Force Awakens
>shit at job

Have you seen the new film? Rey is not interested in Kylo one bit, I wouldn't have minded Reylo but they don't really play on it unless they're going to just shoehorn it in the last film where Rey just makes him see the light and loves him for it

I hate her because she hates me.

>Rey is a metaphor for Star Wars' future.
>The Millennium Falcon is a metaphor for Star Wars' past.
>Unkar Plutt (played by Simon Pegg) represents the stereotypical hardcore longtime fan of star wars. A bloated, unpleasant and petty collector of junk (trivia and toys) from the wreckage of star destroyers.
>Plutt has possession of both the Falcon and Rey, yet does nothing with either. Their potential is wasted with him.
>Along comes Finn, who sweeps Rey up into a new adventure. Together, they take the Millennium Falcon and leave Unkar Plutt behind.

That this was meant as a mocking jab at the hardcore SW fans by JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy is certain. What is less obvious is whether poor Simon Pegg, the fanboy-turned-actor, realized he was being cast as part of that joke.

I doubt this was much more than an in-joke between a few people. But it still speaks volumes about those currently at the helm of the franchise and their opinion of the longtime fans. contempt

What does that even mean? Is it ok to Rape me a bitch now?

I hate her because she betrayed Lucas

I believe there was blackmail, but not enough to actually force the sale. So they needed Kathleen Kennedy. Once they brought Lucas to the table with the threat of extortion, they used Kennedy to push him over the edge and convince him that selling was his best option:
>Think of your legacy
>Think of the fans who'd be disapointed
>You're getting up in there in age, George, and to be honest, you can't rely on your children to manage your company after you're gone.
>Sell Lucasfilm to Disney, put me in charge. Unofficially, you'll still have creative control. I promise.
>Trust me.

After the sale went through, Lucas realized that he had been betrayed. Kathleen Kennedy was loyal to Disney and had no intention of keeping him involved. Everyone should watch the interview between Lucas and Kennedy, which took place after the sale. Kennedy appears smug, confident and in control. Lucas comes across as defeated, pleading and miserable. Although he does make several thinly veiled swipes at "greedy, selfish and evil people."

m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5TGJquhP1s

Some people claim Lucas sold for the money. This is a weak argument since $4 billion was a low-ball offer and Lucas gave the proceeds to charity immediately after the sale.

Some people claim Lucas sold in order to stick it to annoying fans. This argument is weak because Lucas was never bothered by negative fan reactions before.

Lucas built and spent his career opposing the Hollywood studios system and repeatedly stated he would never sell or give up creative control to Star Wars. Yet here we are. When Bob Iger became CEO if Disney in 2005, he told the board that he would pursue an aggressive acquisition campaign that included Marvel, Pixar and Lucasfilm. 7 years later, he had George Lucas accepting the deal he swore he'd never even consider.

>That this was meant as a mocking jab at the hardcore SW fans by JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy

Why though? Are they stupid they could have fucking done some fan stuff too by alienating the fans they are going to lose out in the long run

Jesus christ look at making sure he doesn't 'say' anything

I'm going to see it tonight but I've read the leaked dialogue and seen the new leaked clips. Rey cares about Kylo, fuck off. He is antagonist but also the love interest.

No, it's shopped. The point of the shop is forcing female diversity

Ok fuck it after watching this full one hour interview im pretty sure she is either;

a)demon, making keeping lucas at bay
b)some sort of jew mafia bitch that can have anyone killed, like carrie fisher for revealing she fucked harrison and had an affair with him

>The only reason you dont like her producing is because shes a WOMAN!

I dislike her because going by her track record she should know better not to nuke a 40 old franchise to appeal to people who dont buy your shit in the first place.

Plus if anything she proved that without a man even the most qualified woman will fuck things up

why are you even watching it?

>demon
She didn't age in the last 40 years, despite always looking weirdly over 40

Because they expect to be treated like children, and are.

what the shit