So can anyone tell me why this was allowed? This easily among the worst casting choices in a comic book film...

So can anyone tell me why this was allowed? This easily among the worst casting choices in a comic book film, and no is bringing it up as much as it should be.

Other urls found in this thread:

spidermannews.com/2017/01/19/tom-holland-reveals-how-flash-thompson-is-a-different-kind-of-bully-in-spider-man-homecoming/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's fucking Iron Man 4. Doesn't really matter.

No, it's not. Him being there doesn't make it an Iron Man movie.

And this is dumb, but not really that big a deal.

Thanks diversity!

it's not just him being there, it's him the narrative completely being shaped around him with Peter thrown in as a minor plot

Tony is to MCU as Batman is to DCEU. He has a big role, sure, but it's not Iron Man 4. It's still a Spider-Man movie, just like Civil War was still a Cap movie.

See, if he beefed up and dyed his hair blonde, or even just frosted the tips, it would be more believable.

I was really pissed off at this, and liz allen at first, buuuuut

>makes sense in modern day shitty new york for everyone in class to be a minority
>smug SJW liberal minority is the real bully, white jocks cant get away with it anymore without being called a racist
>liz allen bein black is fine because at least she's hot

valkyrie, on the other hand, is a slap in the fucking face and makes zero sense. its solely for MUH DIVERSITY, PANDERING TO BLACK PEOPLE. casting director for thor 3 deserves death.

Civil War was definitely an Avengers movie at best. Cap was basically irrelevant in his own film. Pretty fucked up tbqh.

What did you think of the Ancient One in the Dr. Strange movie?

As long as it's a side character and changing their race changes nothing about their character, I don't care.

You don't understand how a protagonist works, do you? Without Cap to oppose the Accords, there's no story.

See, Liz I don't care about since she was just the pretty girl Peter liked for the first few issues of Amazing and sometimes Harry's wife. Flash is a ton more significant than that, and his physicality plays a part into his character and background. Making him a minority is the least of the issues, but a skinny nerd is something Flash is not.

Reminder that this guy's short.
Like, manlet short

It was not a proper solo movie. The focus should have been on Cap and his franchise's characters not literally everyone else showing up and doing shit. It was shameful.

Wasn't meant to be a proper solo movie. The first two accomplished that just fine. The fact that so many characters were in it and it was still cohesive and flowed well was a huge achievement. DC can't say the same.

btw, it wasn't "literally" everyone else. Hulk and Thor weren't there.

But Cap is intrinsically tied to the Avengers. It makes complete sense for other Avengers to be involved in a Cap movie. You're just bitching to bitch.

dude he's got double popped collars, don't you know that means you're the biggest bully in 2008?

Just like Suicide Squad was a Joker and Harley movie, right user?

>just like Civil War was still a Cap movie.

This is what Mouseketeers actually believe.

Blonde kids aren't allowed to be popular jocks any more; they need to check their Chad privilege and let P.O.C. claim those roles.

>and it was still cohesive and flowed well
heh

>Ant Man literally trucked in out of nowhere

I don't see "chadness" from the actor they picked.

I think I'll let this actor act before judging his acting skills.

He's a different Flash Thompson. The school that he and Peter attends is a prestigious private school in Queens, NY. The Flash Thompson we know and love tormented Peter because he saw Pete as a weakling and Flash was more physically intimidating.

However, physically abusing a kid is kind of frowned upon in this day and age. So Marvel Studios decided to change it up a bit. So In Homecoming, Flash and Liz come from wealthy families that can afford the high tuition fees to attend. Peter and his outcast friends are there on a scholarship voucher program and as far as Flash is concerned. They don't belong and looks to harass and mock Peter every chance he gets. So instead of physically bullying Peter. Flash uses his rich social status to mock and harass Peter.

...so? Was his previous location super important? No. This is a Cap movie, remember? And yes, it's a Cap movie. His team "caused" the event that set off the Accords, his best friend was framed for bombing that embassy, and he initiates the Civil War by opposing the government.

You take out Cap, there's no story. It is a Captain America movie with a big supporting cast.

>...so? Was his previous location super important? No.
Exactly. He literally has no reason/motivation to be in the movie besides "remember Ant Man'?

SJWs toxicity is why.

They know damn fucking well that people would reject nigger Spidey Miles Morales if they tried to force him down their throats. BUT they can replace EVERYONE in Spidey's high school circle, Mary fucking Jane included, with niggers and spics and get away with it.

Feige even fucking admitted this when this bullshit was first announced: diversity is going to be shoved down peoples throats and in cases where they can't change the character because normies would burn the fucking place down, they'll race bend EVERYONE AROUND THEM to get their forced virtue signalling shit shoved onto people.

Peter shouldn't be going to some fucking school for rich kids. I don't give a fuck how smart he is. He should be going to a fucking public school, because that's an important part of him being a working class hero.

Next someone is going to tell me that Joe Chill gave Martha Wayne Alzheimer's because "young men and women these days have to deal with their parents having dementia. It's just too old-timey to have rich white people be victims of gun violence".

That's how fucking stupid the new Flash Thompson is.

No, there is a lot of firepower on Tony's side, so Cap needed an ace in the hole. Hence, Ant Man. There's your motivation.

Spectular Spider-Man did it right, starting with Ned Leeds/"Lee" not being turned into a not!Ganke.

Tilda Swilton was wasted in such a boring role. It's standard practice in the MCU at this point.

>so Cap needed an ace in the hole.
So he calls Ant Man?
The small time thief?

I just wanted another Cap movie not an Avengers movie. They cheated him out of a normal story to do a team movie. It's bullshit.

I agree. The Bucky stuff felt sidelined.

Didn't the actor for spidey say that physical bullying was a thing of the past so flash had to be smater?

With crazy powers? That Tony didn't know about? Yeah.

>physical bullying a thing of the past
how fucking wrong can a person be

If Peter was portrayed as a weakling (think early Ultimate Pete) you'd have a bunch of people bitching about Disney portraying the hero as "a cuck".

Sounds like a plan. Smart.

spidermannews.com/2017/01/19/tom-holland-reveals-how-flash-thompson-is-a-different-kind-of-bully-in-spider-man-homecoming/ Nah he said american schools didn't really have bullying except for insults

Exactly. The whole movie was bad casting. Tom Holland being a selfie stick wielding faggot asshole who everyone in this industry fucking hates didn't help with anything either.

Holland's more like Flash in real life. The dude's an asshole. He doesn't deserve this role and already showed he can't fucking act. So it's no surprise they cast a bunch of other people who are nothing like their comic/cartoon counterparts.

The whole production crew thought Spider-Man cliff notes was good enough and started making their own idiotic changes.

Exactly. They're making Peter Tony's side kicked. Really fucked up considering Peter's role in Civil War was about switching sides and getting out from under Stark's shadow too. Of course reading Civil War wasn't on the to-do list for anyone involved in making any of these movies.

By being a coddled millennial.

The guy they had as Flash in Amazing Spider-Man was actually really good. He got the character down too, a guy who started out as better's bully but ended up respecting him in the end and trying to befriend him.

I think that's Flash's story. It puts Peter in a weird place where he wants to hate the guy but wants to forgive him too.

>the small time thief
>a guy who beat falcon 1v1 to steal Avengers tech
>a guy who literally went to the microverse
stop making shit up

>With crazy powers?
???

White people are so 1999. Time for movies to reflect what America is really about. Nobody cares about a dying race

Yeah but the physical part of the bullying explains Spider-Man's over compensating when he got his powers. It's literally part of the story. Peter couldn't fight back because he was too weak to go up against Flash.

Then he fights back, with his powers and learns he can't go all out on people like Flash. Great power; great responsibility.

Tom Holland is a fucking idiot and this why you don't choose some self-absorbed British punk to play an American hero.

You're kidding, right? If you're making the "it's the suit not him" argument, that's semantics and it's stupid.

same reason why people are ok with what they did to the Mandarin, Star Lord having a dance off, "i know him from work"

why?? because Marvel, that why.

>why this was allowed?
You can always tell when you're being baited by shitposters because they never stray away from memes, idioms and colloquialisms. Make Sup Forums a better place.

back to Sup Forums pls. thanks

Just political correctness in action as usual. At his point you shouldn't even be surprised.

None of this matters, the movie will have a 94% RT score and make a billion at the BO. So who gives a shit?

>>"i know him from work"
The flying fuck is wrong with that? I would have thought DC fags would realize humor is a good thing by now. "But but but quips!" Go suck Snyder's grimdark dick some more.

>The flying fuck is wrong with that?
He shouldn't be talking like a comic book character, I'm not supposed to laugh at this fucking cuck shit.

Because we won the election! It's not fair!

...wat?

>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I need to dial back on the subtlety.

>He shouldn't be talking like a comic book character
...but user

>He shouldn't be talking like a comic book character

I didn't realize you made successful billion dollar box office movies and could make those kinds of calls user

Oh wait . . .

I REALLY need to dial back on the subtlety. Y'all niggas is retarded.

so quick to turn this into company wars, fucking obnoxious.

That's the exact reaction from a DC fan for every Marvel trailer, thank you.

Is Thor written that way in comics? ive only read god of thunder.

**iron Man 7

>Is Thor written that way in comics?
Nah, he really isn't generally. But the writers for the movies are kinda playing up that he's a bit of a jock.

Double doubles confirm. Fuck Holland.

You guys know physical bullying isnt anywhere near as prevalent as when you were getting your shit pushed in in middle school right? He looks like a shitty trust fund kid who will cheapshot peter and cyberbully him, which is exactly the kind of bullying that goes on now.

More like a dying country.

Yes, America is a country, well done.

Physical bullying still happens. My high school had the tradition of tossing freshman in trashcans.

Reading is hard, huh?

Nope, it's pretty simple stuff. If you need some pointers, though, ask away.

Tom Holland is gay, they shouldve just made Peter gay

>The flying fuck is wrong with that?

It seems out of character for a guy who likes speaking like he's LARPing a Dungeon's and Dragons game.

It's a very American, human phrase too. He'd say something more like. "He's my companion from Midgard!" or something.

Tom is a legit faggot?

>It's a very American, human phrase too.
Movie Thor has a major boner for Earth, especially America. Hangs out there all the time. He even works there.

see

wew lad

Take a break.

no u

I'm doing fine, thanks.

well this turned into a shit show

>Comic book character shouldn't be talking like a comic book character

take le break

>they shouldve just made Peter gay
They are legally not allowed to because Marvel has this sheet that they gave to Sony that specifies what peter can and cant be

d

See how easy it is to bait you guys? It's no wonder this board has sucked so badly the past few years. I wasn't even trying to troll you, I was trying to troll by pretending to be him, and "four" of you sucked that bait up as quick as you could. Thread's not even done yet, I'll probably get a few more. Stop this.

It's not even that he's Indian, it's that he looks like someone who should be in the anime club

You now realize how dumb shitslurping MCU fans are.
Join the better team.

I'm not on either team, I just want these nerds to do a better job at being nerds. Getting this flustered at the drop of a hat, it's repugnant. Legitimately disgusting behavior.

trying to "troll"? kys idiot

Idiot who took the extremely obvious bait detected.

Well, "succeeding at trolling" sounds a bit pompous in spite of the overwhelming evidence, and I'm not trying to build up my esteem here.

i will watch both MCU and DCEU movies and fucking enjoy them dammit, take that Sup Forums

>Goes from the Grand Budapest hotel to this crap
What happened to you Tony Revolori

It smells like ass in here.