Abrams planned for Luke to have gone into Ahch-To to study the ancient Jedi scrolls in order to find out who Snoke was...

>Abrams planned for Luke to have gone into Ahch-To to study the ancient Jedi scrolls in order to find out who Snoke was and how to defeat him.

APOLOGIZE.

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/news/a826339/star-wars-the-last-jedi-mark-hamill-disagrees-with-luke-skywalker-storyline/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Disney hired a hack that did a soft reboot and left a fuckload of his shitty le mystery boxes
>in turn Disney hired hired another hack who would have none of that and just hacked mystery boxes away by killing mystery box characters and burning mystery box mcguffins, leaving no loose ends for the third movie
>so Disney hired the first hack again to salvage the mess well knowing that he cannot write plots
it's like poetry, no one wants to fucking touch the plot of this dumpster fire trillogy

>instead of having a solid 3 part arc, we're just going to let each director do what they want with each part

WHY did they think this was a good idea?

>tfw fucking Marvel Capeshit is more well constructed than a simple Star Wars trilogy
Have far more respect for Kevin Feige now.

This just proves how much of a clusterfuck this new trilogy is. No plan, just making shit up as they go, kill off Snoke in the most anticlimactic way because they can't figure out what to do with him, force ghosts destroying shit with lightning, force projection battles, Rey's parents are literal whos, Luke's lightsaber will never be explained.
And Disney made such a big deal about their SW story thinktank. Fuicking lol

6/9 Star Wars movies have been almost unanimously shit. Why do people love it so much?

the media outside of the movies keeps it alive, also brain canon is a helluva drug

Because those first two are just so damn good.

Seems like Marvel Studios is the only studio on the planet that knows how to treat continuity correctly and not shit all over their own work

Rogue One was good

vs what happens in the movie:

I will never train
another generation of Jedi.

I came to this island to die.

It's time for the Jedi to end.

This is what gets me the most. Luke was hyped up to be this super-powerful Jedi Master that Snoke and Kylo feared in TFA. In TLJ he's screeching NEET who's wants to die alone.

FUCKING BRAVO RYAN

Because A New Hope was a groundbreaking movie that used a lot of classic camera angles and shots, told a universal story of good vs bad, and endeared itself to the young and old. It was so monumentally popular and loved, that it's taken 7-8 movies to wear away that love it brought people.

Time make the eu the new canon and say sorry disney

same hack in charge of episode 8 was given permission to make a whole new trilogy

Wonder if Disney will kick him out after this whole mess

Yep, I'm well over marvel movies, but Kevin has run an unbelievably tight ship and kept everything on the rails while everyone else running a "Cinematic Universe" is just constantly face-planting.

Hush now, keep playing with your crayons sweetie.

Turns out Sloth Milk is basically liquid opium.

Often happens that in order to make the studio appear to be super confident in a product, they'll announce a sequel before the first movie actually comes out. But with no intention of ever doing it, because they know the movie is a dog. They just need to project that sense of confidence into the public's mind to survive the first weekend and get most of their money back. Then quietly let the sequel talk fade as the movie starts bombing during the following weeks as real word of mouth takes over.

But who knows. RJ is a real crawler. The buttlicking he's done regards that horrible sounding Story Group makes him sound unbelievably beta and whipped. So hey may keep him around just for the female ego stroking.

Because they're chock full of autism.

The original trilogy was made in the same fashion. There was no plan, no family arc mapped out.

I never liked that shit but SW (and DC) has me rethinking they must be doing something right

it was also just basically a watered down version of Dune for kids and casuals.

But no decent dune movie to date so I guess it's all we've got.

>rather than hire an "architecht" to set write a cohesive story across 3 films, disney just told the directors what they can and can't do and let them go nuts
>ep 8 now ignores all the loose ends and set ups and of ep7
>ep9 is now being done by ep7 guy who didn't know at the time he'd be finishing the story
>ep 9 will probably bring back all the things ep8 retconned
>there's literally no indication of a bigger story, it's just a series of disconnected adventures highlighting how totally awesome Rey is
bravo

hahahha, yeah I really loved those classic characters like.... um... that one guys....and that girl, what's her name.... Also that evil guy, ummm..... Well I guess Darth Vader was in it for a minuet that was cool I guess.

And? The OT was literally uncharted territory, no expectations and nothing else to write around but the previous movies.

>But no decent dune movie to date so I guess it's all we've got.
*blocks your path*

does anyone else retroactively hate BRICK and LOOPER now?

Denny-boy, you're our only hope.

>there's literally no indication of a bigger story, it's just a series of disconnected adventures highlighting how totally awesome Rey is
I think that was obvious from the start. There was never a bigger plan, the "story group" essentially said the startegy is to make it up as they go along, which is why they wanted different directors for each movie.

He's going to shit all over dune the same way he shit all over blade runner.

Jesus his version was boring and stupid. Couldn't buy Ryan Gosling as a tough guy, he's just not.

except blade runner 2049 was better paced than the original and not as boring..

enhance
enhance
enhance
enhance
go back
enhance
enhance

2049 also feels more in line with the source material as well

I hated Looper the first time I say it. It makes no fucking sense.

I'd laugh if JJ just brought back Luke and Snoke like nothing happened.

Sucks to be him right now though, he'll have to find a way to salvage the mess Rian left.

At this point, Disney could harvest the streets of India, sell the results as chocolate ice cream, and people would flock to buy it.

The theatrical release maybe, not the final cut.

Do you idiots actually believe it's up to the director to decide the story arc for each movie? The entire story arc for the trilogy was decided long before TFA even started filming. The directors for each movie are given plot points that have to happen. Johnson doesn't have the creative control to change an essential story element like that with no communication with JJ. You can't seriously believe that.

>Rey sits in her quarters in the spaceship, sad over the death of former master (of sorts)
>Suddenly she hears a crash outside and rushes to it
>Luke Skywalker stands in the hallway having accidentally knocked over a droid
>Rey: "H-how are you here?"
>Luke: "Leia sacrificed her life to clone my hand using the force to put my soul back into this body. Now lets go fight some knights of ren!"
>Rey: "yay!"

>And Disney made such a big deal about their SW story thinktank.

Dream sequence

> IMA GONNA MAYG STAH WAHZ GRAYTE AGAYN

Yeah that's what we all thought until Rian dropped every mystery that JJ introduced and ignored his plans for the characters.

and yet they worked with what they had, used the creative part of their brains and EXPANDED on the first part, they didnt fucking remove stuff from a new hope

Won't happen. The current PC environment demands female protagonists. Rei isn't enough, they're making Leia the true hero of the next movie and they needed to kill off luke for that to happen.

final cut is even worse

Directors Cut perfect cut

no, Rian Johnson confirmed thet there was no plot outline for after TFA

Abrams set them up to fail hard. There was no reason not to reveal who snoke was in TFA, there was no reason not to reveal who Rey is, there was no reason to keep half that shit in the dark.

It was JJAbrams buy what's in the magic box bullshit. It was going to be a train wreck from the beginning from that point on.

Act 1. Introduce your characters, introduce the conflict, Show victories
Act 2. Introduce new type of conflict, throw your heroes in a dark hole. Have them hit rock bottom and barely survive
Act 3. Have your characters adapt. Complete their ARC, have them overcome in the Climax.

JJAbrams completely fucked up the basic story telling and the new director had no chance. I blame it on shit like harry potter and the constant Deus Ex Machina that is okay with moronic kids who grew up with harry potter which is just shit.

source

the soy is strong in this one

Good luck with that now that she is dead for real. Disney's plan was clear Han solo in 7, and kill him off, Luke in 8 and kill him off and finally Leia in 9. this was to ensure the old fags keep coming back to see one of the old cast. that's the only reason there was no reunion in 7, it was a shekel grabbing master plan.

we are reaching Justice League levels of retardation

HYPE

How do you launch into a multi-billion dollar trilogy and not have this shit planned out beforehand?

TFA
>Rey is a complete Marry Sue
>Shills defend this
>Big reveal comming in The Last Jedi
>SHE IS REVAN REEEEE

The Last Jedi
>Even more Marry Sue
>No backstory
>She is just awesome deal with it

LUKE WANT MILKIES

They fucked up big time in TFA by having Rey beat Kylo in their fight. There isn't even any motivation for her to go train with Luke after that. They should have had Kylo cut off her hand for pottery purposes, and get interupted before killing her by the Falcon intervening and driving him off or something. Her defeating the main bad guy in the first film short-cutted all of her development and killed any sense of tension in the films.

So was Snoke palpatine's former master or not?

It's just bad
No one really knows

that's the whole problem Random character just randomly dies

miss me yet

REVENGE OF THE SITH IS GOOD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fan theories about Snoke
>He is the first Jedi or somehow related to the first Jedi. The first jedi emblem on Acht-To is a depiction of Snoke
>He is force Vampire like Nihilius, created from a wound in the force caused by the usage of the deathstar against Alderaan
>He is Darth Plageius who really could cheat death and survived Palpatines assassination attempt to go into hiding, rebuilding his strength and plotting his return
>He is a dark side from another galaxy who is here to plot out an invasion of our galaxy, or bring about its destruction

What we got
>he is rich
>he gets killed Kylo unceremoniously

That's retarded too, I sorry Lucas

my apologies

Even Hamill said what they did with luke was fucked up

Hamill. Mark fucking hamill doesn't do that

Is the planet really named Ach-To?

they asked to DC

>Both Luke and Snoke dead in the same movie

It's really fucking obvious they are the same person

I can't tell if it is supposed to be Act Two or Achoo as if a person is sneezing.

New Hope/Empire Strikes Back/ Return of the Jedi
>the Force is not a thing, but an ancient Magic, and people who learn it are Jedi Knights
>nobody believes its true but the Emperor and Vader, and two hermit freaks
>there is no "Light side"
>a Jedi doesn't care about politics
>Lightsaber duels require intense focus and concentration
>Luke loves his friends and believes a corrupted mind can be changed
>Luke isn't scared
>Luke is optimistic about the future
>people who can use the Force become ghosts

Phantom Menace/Attack of the Clones/Revenge of the sith
>the Force is a living thing
>Jedis have power levels
>Lightsabre duels require no concentration and you can even flip around and not even look at your opponent
>Jedis have a huge temple right in the middle of the galaxy's biggest city
>Jedi are politicians and bounty hunters
>even little kids are Jedi
>Yoda and Obi-Wan are heartbroken they're temple is destroyed

TFA/TLJ
>the Force is nothing special, but just about concentrating real hard
>anyone can pick up a lightsabre and start doing flips and tricks
>slow-motion Matrix dodges
>Luke hates his friends
>Luke is a pussy and is scared of the Dark Side
>The Force is actually a woman
>Yoda destroys every Jedi text, because fuck it
>Jedi can transform into a ghost at anytime
>Jedi can fly through space like Mary Poppins
>everything at the end of ROTJ can be thrown in the garbage

are Jedi supposed to be a metaphor for disillusioned white people?

A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Revenge of the Sith are the ones he's talking about.
Return of the Jedi was a mistake.

Why would he say that? He lived with Obi-Wan and Yoda, and they taught him how to be a good Jedi. He used that power for good. Why would he want them to end?

Nope, that would be the Unrated Cut.

>>a Jedi doesn't care about politics
But the emperor is literally a sith? ANH literally tells us that Obi-Wan and Anakin fought together in the clone wars. You're literally just making this up
>the Force is not a thing, but an ancient Magic, and people who learn it are Jedi Knights
Obi-Wan says to Luke that the force is all around us and everywhere. It's more like God. It's definitely not "magic".
>even little kids are Jedi
Again, in esb Yoda says he doesn't want to train Luke cause he's too old implying this.

Did you actually watch the films

>>He is a dark side from another galaxy who is here to plot out an invasion of our galaxy, or bring about its destruction
dude, imagine that.

Fucking hell thats sound awesome, why can't we have a movie where the galaxy is at peace, the jedi exist and bring peace to the galaxy when some evil from another galaxy attacks the outer rim and we have 3 movies that are about that.

>first one is the first attack and the republic and jedi discovering it, first battles
>second movie is all the war vs the evil from another galaxy
>3rd one is the end
easy, simple and fresh

No, 8/10 are shit. Clone Wars movie was also a thing. Also, RoTJ is mediocre at best. Star Wars is literally a 2.5/10 film franchise.

>The first jedi emblem on Acht-To is a depiction of Snoke

Explain nerd

> thinking JewJew Abrahams would ever come through on revealing crucial plot elements

The director doesn't know how to do that user. He is the setup guy with no finish. He just leads on the audience, making them believe there is something behind the mystery, but he never delivers. He even has said that is exactly what he intends to do: "it's about the mystery". He never had a clue where he was going with Snoke or what Luke was doing hiding on that planet/island.

Nobody really wants a Dune movie user. It's too arab/muslim-y for most people. Nobody wants to here "Paul MuAd'dib" as a protagonist name and root for the Muhamed and Derka ders. It's doomed to fail no matter what.

why did Rian dye his hair brown and make his eyes brown in TLJ? what's the lore here?

Unironically, compare what Rian looks like to how he made Luke look

>he shit all over blade runner.
Why does Sup Forums love hyperbole so fucking much?

Only idiots think RotJ was bad, apart from the ewoks. Certainly better than RotS

source?

RotJ hates are the retarded children of the 20-somethings who watched and enjoyed the prequels and kept getting btfo because they like toy commercials so much. Their only response was "B-BUT JEDI HAD EWOKS SO IT'S THE SAME" and they passed it down to their kids.

shit so snoke is luke's force projection thing so he can buttfuck kylo without him realising and even say thank you master?

KK also promissed a woman to direct one of the movies, didn't happen.

digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/news/a826339/star-wars-the-last-jedi-mark-hamill-disagrees-with-luke-skywalker-storyline/
mouse made him back out of that statement later of course, but you know it wasn't sincere

>Snoke comse back
>Kylo stunned
>Have you heard of the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

It's the only way to salvage this shit show now.

yeah I really enjoyed WOAH FEMALE EMPOWERMENT and le funny asian man
kill yourself

JJ did an ok job salvaging star wars after the prequels, even though it was a remake and Rey is terrible

He can't do it again