Action Comics #977 Storytime

From the embers of Superman Reborn, it's time for The New World.

It's a Brand New Day for the Man of Tomorrow!

Other urls found in this thread:

comicvine.gamespot.com/jackee-winters/4005-108951/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Bob Harras
>Editing made easy

I'm not posting a reaction image because this is a storytime, but if I could, I would post one of anger.

Feel free.

What's gonna happen, am I gonna not have enough space to post the rest of the issue?

Of course, proper etiquette is to withhold reaction images on longer storytimes where the image count is precious. Longer term ones which inherently take up multiple threads it matters less so.

I thought Corbon was a nice guy and dead? Actually I have no idea what was up with that guy.

>tell me everything

...Starting with the crystals

Butterfly effect. Supes changed reality.

>his first piece of hair is the curl

hehe

Thanks for reading. Support your local comic shop!

Cool Smallville Lex made the continuity.
Also seems the merger was a blending rather than just both add to each other.

UUUU

New Super-Man:

>Mixing Pre/Post-Crisis and Nu52 aesthetics of Krypton

I... I like this.

if they're so smart they wouldn't of died

>Secret Origin explicitly confirmed as canon

Neato!

I like how they showed the Krypton side of things specifically, as Secret Origin pretty much omitted that part.

what a crock of shit. It revealed nothing. As usual with the shitty reborn event. It was just mxy being coy and then he just warps away after being punched two times.

No big tricks or some ingenious way to defeat him. You just punch him.

This just keeps getting better and better
I really hope they let Lex know the Clark is Superman like for reals, I was reading back through my old stuff and the interactions he had with Supes when Manchester Black revealed his identity to Lex back during his Presidency was golden and with this new Good Guy Super Lex i can only imagine the places you could go if you also threw in the Lex Clark relationship from Birthright which judging from the art in this page is what they are going for

So... are Pa and Ma still dead?

>do a rundown of Superman's current origin/status quo
>the Kents are not confirmed dead or alive

JUST TELL ME GODDAMMIT

The final page of the arc will have Superman sitting at the breakfast table with Ma and Pa saying they're proud of him.

It seems like they chickened out on saying whether the Kents are alive or dead.

Either that or Pa Kent is dead but Ma Kent is alive to match 1978 film, Superman Returns, Synder DCEU, Superman Earth One, Johns' Braniac arc, All Star Superman

I'd be okay with that.

So far everything feels very much like we're going back to the history Johns established pre-Flashpoint. So this seems like the most likely option.

>Action Comics 977

We're less than a year away from Action Comics #1000 Sup Forums

What a time to be alive

Just an exposition dump issue.

So, what have he got?

- Regular Krypton
- Secret Origin childhood (good. LoSH can be a thing)
- Back at the Daily Planet (also good. I want Jimmy Olsen back into Superman's stories)
- Perry White is familiar with Jon

>Why did I do this to myself?

Nigga you watch this shit once a month!

Knew Lex as a teen

Why is Kubert drawing the fucking costume off model? The belt didn't look like that in Reborn.

since when is Lara blond?

This is GORGEOUS.

They seem to be keeping things simple, which I very much appreciate.

Like said, continuity seem to be rolled back to pre-Flashpoint Superman, with Jon and the best bits of New 52 Superman added in.

wrong belt

Why? Harras was a clown. That's such a hilarious jab at him.

>he's back at The Daily Planet

>Superman Rebirth

They fucking got it wrong. Maybe the editor on this book has been reading Bob Harras' book from here:

The only thing that could be done to improve this without actually bringing the trunks back would be to make the belt even thicker.

hey is that Lucy's husband?

If so does she still have the baby?

Well this is a creepy as fuck page.

And the Legion is still erased...

Who the fuck is this asshole and why did he get away with blowing up that city?

Any ideas on who this matrix guy is?
inb4 highlighted letters spell something

Also, am I the only one getting tired of the congo line of bad guys plotting something from behind the scenes

IIRC Blanque showed up in the Lois & Clark maxiseries, as well as early on in Jurgens' Action run.

Morrison's Action had him as a legionnaire

We've switched Legion since. Twice, maybe.

>he had a spit curl even as a baby

We know for a fact the Legion is coming back, and this version of Superman's childhood is striking similar to the Secret Origins arc from pre-Flashpoint, which did have a LoSH cameo.

Martha is WAAAAAAY too hot.

>no Cat Grant

Birthright should never be canon ever.

T-shirt Supes is gone?

Who's the black chick?

I should certainly hope they are.

If your foster son is literally Superman and you're not proud of him, then your standards are way too high.

>you could go if you also threw in the Lex Clark relationship from Birthright which judging from the art in this page is what they are going for

It looks more like Secret Origin. Pete Ross having a broken arm happened there.

Lois Lane

Tried to do this. Hope it's good.

>they're moving to the city
Bye farmer clark

After many good issue, this is a little boring. Nearly a filler.

Seriously? Secret Origins is such a shitty origin story.

>- Regular Krypton
interesting thing is that Krypton now seems to be a mix of all the previous mainline versions aesthetically

So who is this guy in the crystal and what is he trying to say???

What are the chances of All Star ever being folded into mainline continuity with a Batgirl style retcon where he got out of the sun much earlier?

The red matrix guy is obviously Henshaw

No one appreciates this gem of a comment but I do user I do.

>No, jump good!

^_^

What new 52 aesthetics?

Clark looks so bored here

I love how they're using multiple interpretations of Kryptonian fashion. It looks so much better than a uniform style

>its a whole planet kal-el of course we had different kinds of clothes.

Its Superman Secret Origin from 2010 being made 1:1 explicitly canon again. Shot for shot.

Jackee Winters.
comicvine.gamespot.com/jackee-winters/4005-108951/

Perry white, lois lane, Jimmy, clark, Ron Troupe, Steve Lombard, Jackee winters.

Mind telling why?
It's pretty much my favorite interpretation of the Superman origin

Why does he have two right arms in this panel?

I'm cool with this. Secret Origin is pretty much exactly 'muh' Superman,

They're still on the farm in the main Superman book. Maybe they just commute?

The Kents are were most probably alive during most of Clark's adulthood since they don't mention them dying before Superman coming to Metropolis.

Now, in the present day? We still have no idea. Maybe Brainiac is still canon and Pa is dead and Ma alive. Or Ma died off screen.

I'm not really happy about bringing Secret Origin back. That was probably the weakest of all Superman origins. I would've been happy if they just left it somewhat ambiguous. We don't need to know the exact canon of how Supes grew up, the important points are all the same.

Except for Smallivle Lex. Fuck Smallvile Lex.

Although I'm very happy they threw Johns' Metallo the fuck out. Good riddance.

Yea it was really off, her shirt should have been a large old woman full body dress instead that didnt show off cleavage tho pa looks perfect.

I don't like this. Lois should've stayed with the Planet. Clark should've stayed at the farm. It really suited the two of them.