Mark Hamill 'fundamentally disagrees with virtually everything' written for his character

>"When I read 8, I told Rian [Johnson, the writer-director], 'I fundamentally disagree with virtually everything you've decided about my character'," Hamill said during an ABC interview.

Thank you Disney for turning Luke Skywalker from defeating Darth Vader and the Empire into a cowering bitch.
Wow what a piece of shit film, I really didn't think they could sink any lower than Episode 7 but Disney has proven me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3S2zsCaOOmE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The white male must not be seen in a good light

mark hamil also wanted luke to appear in the forest fight between reylo in the force awakens. luke didn't go out cowering if you watched the movie.

>MUH FINAL SACRIFICE

>MUH FINAL SACRIFICE
only proving my point

OHNONONONOOHNO

Unironically this.

Watch disneys beauty and the beast. All the 'good guys' are black people.

Did you come back to say you forgive me? To save my soul?

Would have been better, Luke should have had a much different role

>I'll take that $20 million but let me tell you why I won't like it

Just like his father, wow! POTTERY

This, but unironically. Watch the movie before letting strangers on the internet decide your opinion of it.

he's a fucking white male!!!!1 he can't be a hero, goyim

The three main leads are all white and so are most of the objects. Literally only the broom was switched to be black

>Amazing. Of all the things you wrote, not one of them was good.

Literally pottery

Well there you have it.

NOT CANON.

Nice victim complex

>Ford just wanted to get killed off and be done with it
>Hamill just took a check even though he knew his character was being assassinated
>Fisher died but didn't even give a shit while she was there
Yes yes Disney, bravo

Unironically this. I'd take Hamill's word over anyone at Disney any day of the week.

>Episode 9 will be connected to OT in name only

NO MORE HEROES FOR YOU GOY

>Dark Empire
Man that's a guilty pleasure. I'll admit.

Didn't Hamill say "Yeah, Luke's totally gay! Isn't that what everyone always thought?! Yeah!!!"

Don't worry, they'll shoehorn ghosts and vader flashbacks

This shit should have been the blueprint for the sequel trilogy.

damn he looks so broken
really wanna give hamill a hug right now

The fuck?

STFU he deserve than money and more because Disney shamelessly advertised him in TFA and TLJ. They made hundreds of millions from ppl who wanted to see Luke. And then then they give him 20 seconds in TFA just to make sure you come back again in TLJ, only to make he a failed hermit.*He has every right to complain about these disgusting shekel grabbers

I'm actually curious now. What's this comic series called?

He looked very tired in this interview, it's possible he takes medication, his hands shake sometimes.

jesus christ it looks like he's having a panic attack.

That look at the end. Chilling.

... is this a new meme? I feel like we should push this onto the reddit crowd

he didn't deserve this

he has no moral ground to complain. If you disagree so much fuck off and don't take the money

Sad Hamill.

Maybe Hamil is pissed off because he cancelled a bunch of cartoon/vidygame voice over gigs for the new star wars trilogy?

>when you realize harrison was right and you should've cashed out earlier before they did anything too terrible to your character

Dark Empire. There's a I and a II, followed by a conclusion series called "End of Empire" or something like that. It's set a few years after RotJ, and plays around a lot with the Dark/Light side of the Force dichotomy.

I'm assuming a lot of OT fanswho grew up with the movies, like myself, always believed the orginal three would be killed to serve the stories of the new characters. What I don't understand is why Disney thought it was a good idea to completely shit on Luke's story. This should've been handled differntly.

Now the original three are gone, and I really don't give a fuck about Rey, Finn, Poe or Kylo. After doing this to Luke, using CGI or recasting Leia would feel like pissing on Carrie Fisher's grave in the next movie.

Disney really fucked this up.

I stood there in a daze, tired of a long day filled with the same question being asked over and over again. I let Rian Johnson do the talking for me, that moron would trample over anything I said anyway. Let him take the brunt of the machine. I ignored the situation and went back to a simpler time, when I was in my 20s, balls deep in an 18 year old Carrie. Seeing that coked out girl convulse with the pleasure of a massive dopamine rush in her brain and a massive dick in her pussy. A time before the cameras, before the press junkets, before the dissolution of social norms, all that shit. Oh yes...
Wait did that idiot say I was okay with this? This fucking moron. This absolute idiot who got lucky that Disney stumbled upon him. What a goddamn hack. I only came back so my family would have more money and to secure a future for my white kids.

Shills in full force

good. kill off all whiny pathetic white males and replace them with poc. The age of white men has ended and a new (and better!) diverse Star Wars is upon us.

youtube.com/watch?v=3S2zsCaOOmE

Poor, Mark. He signed on to do another Star Wars movie for his old pal George. Then Disney came along and fucked it all up.

Jesus Christ, that face is more disturbing than The Scream. It's like he'd just seen the guy raping and gutting children and had been warned to keep quiet or he's next.

Lucas loved it

People had all sorts of fun headcannon about Luke and all these great things he would go on to do and how he became the greatest Jedi ever and all that, but these fuckers decide that he’s just some hermit that did literally nothing after the trilogy and dies sad and alone. It’s character assassination.

awww, feeling a lil persecuted, I see

>Han
>Luke
>old white guys
>failures
>kill themselves to help the resistance

>"What have I become, my sweetest friend" starts playing

>Unironically this.
They character assassinated Luke to push their feminist/sjw agenda

>old white male
>emblem of the problematic older movies
>blonde
>probably a chauvanist
>dies
true kinography, comrades

>NO MORE HEROES
Unironically a better star wars story than nu-wars

>that "I could kill every last motherfucker in this room before they could put me down" look
>so angry he's in tears
>this is what the Mouse does to you

>when you realize Carrie Fisher was murdered.webm

lel next time greentext tho
>this should be the webms pasta

>when it's easier to cgi carrie's face on to an in-shape actress than try and get carrie to do anything

>mark hamil also wanted luke to appear in the forest fight
That would have been good

>luke didn't go out cowering if you watched the movie.
No, he went out sitting on his ass on his island which he never left for the entire film

didn't they film some scenes with her for episode 9?

>Rian why are we filming all my scenes first?

Shoo shoo, gramps. It's time for young girls to take action. Go suck off a sloth or something.

>White people are objects
Hmmm

he's having an anxiety attack

No, he said Luke is gay if people want to think Luke is gay, but he never had a love interest so he didn't care either way.

holy shit hamill looks like they just murdered his family and he was made to watch

>me after reading the spoilers

they probably threatened him

>take the writer director of Brick and Looper
>stick him in a family friendly franchise film
>expect it to work

I only looked at spoilers because I had a feeling it was going to be really bad and I didn't want to be mad in the theater with our friends who are taking us (and are excited).

I would have ruined their high if I didn't. Now I can at least control myself.

AND I FIND IT KIND OF FUNNY
I FIND IT KIND OF SAD

DREAMS IN WHICH I'M DYING ARE THE BEST I'VE EVER HAD

MAD WORLD

MAD WORLD

>knows it's going to be shit
>watches movie anyways

the literal state of Sup Forums

there's this thing called social interaction. try it once in a while

Dark Empire is the only post ROTJ material I consider canon.

His cucked friends are paying for it anyway.

Keked
>this bitch is choking on her dentures what do we do we can't have another movie like this
>just give her laced coke and be done eith it

Imagine being Mark in that interview and having to be all like "damn, Rian Johnson, you fuckin' creative genius, all visionary with your slow motion and subversion of established characters. I would totally try to murder my nephew in his sleep, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is bum another cigarette from a trash-can. Like seriously imagine having to be Mark and not only sit in that chair while Rian Johnson flaunts his artistic vision in front of the gathered press, the facial hair barely concealing his testosterone deficiency and puffy cheeks, and just sit there, question after question, hour after hour, while he explains that screenplay. Not only having to tolerate his shameless ripoff of Empire but his haughty attitude as everyone in the panel tells him he's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, RIAN JOHNSON DIRECTS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his childish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been doing interviews for nothing but a healthy diet of conventions and neckbeards and later redditors for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Oakland. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on his growing forehead as he contemplates another answer, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and agree with his "groundbreaking (for that is what he calls it)" character development, the film he worked so hard for with Kathleen in the previous months. And then points at another journalist, and you know you could kill every single person in this junket before Disney’s handlers could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're Luke fucking Skywalker. You're not going to lose your future voice-acting career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

7/10

>dude wtf are contracts lmao why cant i just not do the thing lol

>What I don't understand is why Disney thought it was a good idea to completely shit on Luke's story.
just open your fucking eyes. the piece of shit is feminist propaganda to the core. what more convincing do you need? the mary sue shit character should have been enough to convince you

yeah it's almost like he signed a contract knowing they could butcher his character and then bitched about it anyway

It's almost like he signed the contract when Lucas was still in charge after reading the original outline what a thought lmao

MARK TOOK THE MONEY knowing the character of Luke would be destroyed by jew run disney, Mark took the money and now he is starting to see what really is happening

someone post the Hamill meme with the long text, I dont know how else to call it

based retard

>both ford and hamill hate new star wars
amazing

Yes, this is the only reason I am going.

You could see it coming, there were many signs

Why do you Star Wars nerds get so carried away by this shit? Luke is like 90 years old now its time he passed the torch his youth is over. Why are people so surprised hes not some badass wielding a lightsaber slaughtering everyone? You can't rely on an old man from a story perspective or a film franchise perspective because at some point that guy will die and if he was your only meal ticket then you are FUCKED.

Hey, Cade "Drug Queen" Skywalker was a pretty fun trash to read.

Imagine being Mark in that interview and having to be all like "damn, Rian Johnson, you fuckin' creative genius, all visionary with your slow motion and subversion of established characters. I would totally try to murder my nephew in his sleep, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is bum another cigarette from a trash-can. Like seriously imagine having to be Mark and not only sit in that chair while Rian Johnson flaunts his artistic vision in front of the gathered press, the facial hair barely concealing his testosterone deficiency and puffy cheeks, and just sit there, question after question, hour after hour, while he explains that screenplay. Not only having to tolerate his shameless ripoff of Empire but his haughty attitude as everyone in the panel tells him he's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, RIAN JOHNSON DIRECTS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his childish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been doing interviews for nothing but a healthy diet of conventions and neckbeards and later redditors for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Oakland. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on his receding hairline as he formulates another answer, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and agree with his "groundbreaking (for that is what he calls it)" character development, the film he worked so hard for with Kathleen in the previous months. And then points at another journalist, and you know you could kill every single person in this junket before Disney’s handlers could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're Luke fucking Skywalker. You're not going to lose your future voice-acting career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

>when Lucas was still in charge
is that supposed to be an excuse?

You people make me laugh. You're criticizing a film based on upside down cell video and ignoring the rave reviews it's getting. It's got 93% on Rotten Tomatoes dot com. Get out there, purchase a ticket (while they're available) and see for yourselves. It's a great film.

FUCKING KATLYN KENNEDY BITCH KILLED MY ONLY CHILDHOOD HERO AND THE ONE ACTOR I HAVE RESPECT FOR AND WOULD PAY MONEY TO WATCH
FUCKING KILL THAT CUNT

KK loves what he did so much that she gave him the keys to a brand new trilogy that has no connection to the Skywalker saga.

If they were going to do that anyways, then why rape the OT legacy so badly?

None of this makes any sense. They're the ones that pushed the nostalgia. They're the ones that are making the anthology films. They're the ones trying to copy that OT feeling. Yet they mock and punish the fans.

>That glare at Rian
Mark is legit fucking pissed holy shit

Why are you moving goalposts? Just admit that you were mis/uninformed, it's nothing to be ashamed of

Mark signed on for the sequel trilogy with Fischer and Ford when he still believed it was going to be under Lucas.
Then Disney bought it and had the trio locked into contracts.