Are there any animated Sup Forums romances which are as much of a pleasure as Your Name...

Are there any animated Sup Forums romances which are as much of a pleasure as Your Name? Because I would really like to watch one.

The thing that comes to mind is Tarzan.

I was going to say Tarzan. I would recommend Girl Who Leapt Through Time though that's Sup Forums.

honestly no because Japan makes the best things

name one western studio thats good? None! Baka!

Laika although they really need good writers.

>as much of a pleasure as Your Name
No. In the western animated films romance tends to be either good, or really annoying, or just not a major thing in the story. None of that incredibly boring dumb shit like in Shinkai's works.

Does Wall E count? Any of the Disney films?
It may not be a high level romance though.

Tangled does a better job on that side of things, maybe Beauty and the Beast.

Disneys princess and the frog
cats dont dance
beauty and the beast
wall-e
tangled
Pocahontas
the swan princess
all dogs go to heaven 2
thumbeliena

weasten stuff replaces some of the emotional complexity with a cup of sugar but are still with their merits

as for the more anime stuff you are left with choices to spare
even by the same studio that made your name
Garden of words is a beautiful film and a little more coherent
'A silent voice' is also getting a special screening at a cinema tomorrow that im going to enjoy watching.

also
Hotarubi no Mori e
ponyo
5 cms per second
tamoko love story
Kyoukai no kanata movie: I'll be here
the girl who leapt through time
the place we promised in our early days
kokoro ga sakebitagatterunda

Wall e has the most believable relationship growth with the most heartfelt and endearing moments out of any other movie in this thread.
And the characters can't even really talk and don't even have humanoid bodies

Only scene I didn't like was when they finally meet at the crater and he just stands there staring at her and she acts like the tsundere trope

I mean they finally meet and you have to make it the fucking fan service scene for the Sup Forumsutismos?

I literally do not understand how this movie's been so successful. It sounds like the most generic romance thing ever.

>it sounds like

Well there you go you it's cause you haven't watched it. It became so successful because people saw it and then told their friends about it. It wasn't a blockbuster so much as a slow burn to record braking numbers

>The synopsis is the same thing that's been told a thousand times
>But-but you have to watch it to understand

No, this isn't some passion of the christ "It's an expeeerience" shit.

This. Its best experienced blind, because it has some pretty impactful twists and turns. If you knew what the movie was REALLY about, you wouldn't think it was generic. The 'premise' you have been given likely doesn't extend beyond the first 30 minutes of the film.

A friend of mine dragged me to go see it, but I wasn't expecting it to be especially good. I kinda hated 5cm per second.

But, holy fuck. This move fucked me up with feels. I went back twice.

As a person who watched the movie I can confirm this.

Well that depends on what you consider to be the pleasurable part of Your Name's romance, doesn't it?

Like right now the Tangled cartoon has Rapunzel and Eugene being giant sweethearts to each other all day everyday and I personally love it but others might like more focus on building up how they met or even dealing with married life or w/e.

It's not that good imo, just decent. Artstyle is pretty boring and the characters don't have much personality.

>Artstyle is pretty boring
Really? The art style is amazing

Let me ask, what scene has the most color and unique style in the movie?

>you knew what the movie was REALLY about, you wouldn't think it was generic

It's a fucking time loop story.

>Artstyle is pretty boring
>Tanaka
>boring
Nah, you just have poor taste user.

It's a movie about the impact of natural disasters and the dream of being able to prevent them

The whole point of putting in the romance is to disrupt it.

People just say that because the movie changes themes abrutly in the second act and they don't want to spoil it

They did a very good job hiding checkhov's gun

>It sounds like the most generic romance thing ever.
...You shitting me?
When the fuck has the concept been done before?

Not him but the answer is never. Natural disaster is a pretty underused theme in American film and media unless it's the whole purpose of the movie. I can't think of any films where it actually comes suddenly and fucks up the plot and the protagonists like a sudden natural disaster should

it looks generic imo, just trying to emulate real life as much as possible

>just trying to emulate real life

You mean what a massive chunk of art tries to accomplish regardless of medium?

Also the film uses the gender swap to subtly explore the themes of gender identity, cultural orientation. Also except for the /lit/ stuff and some movies I've never seen anything capture the emotions of longing and so close yet galaxies far away like Shinkai's stuff. Shinkai isn't wholly original but themes of his works are well actualized and they are very universal and relatable.

>she's barefoot
why is this so attractive to me.

Character design and animation itself is very cartoony and expressive the whole time sequence was rad as fuck while the background and lighting tries to emulate realism. It's a nice contrast and works here as opposed to in something like The Good Dinosaur.

No, he means what animation doesn't need because it's boring and you'd be better off making a live action movie. You have a medium where there are no limits at all, you can do anything your imagination can conjure, and you just emulate real life?

because you like little girls' feet

You do realize that argument can be said about live action too because of CGi right? Pretty sure we hit the realm of "no limitations" years ago

but japan sucks shit at live action.

anime is pretty much the only pony in their stable, which they like to proudly parade around with sprinkles, shiny lights and gloss whenever they feel like pulling in random weebs willing to pay up front. seriously, those people would legit graciously eat shit if you told them it belonged to a japanese person living in shibuya or whatever the fuck.

The time sequence was unbelievably beautiful.

No, because realistic cgi is hard and expensive to make, and you need it to be realistic because your actors are real. In animation you just draw whatever you want.

>In animation you just draw whatever you want

God damn you really no knowing of the industry do you?

Just because you don't know good Japanese films doesn't mean they don't exist.

>anime

I do know the industry.

... what did you mean by this?

I was talking about anime series.

You said Japan sucks at live action. I disagreed.

ok

It's a love story version of Freaky Friday combined with Days of Future Past. I thought it was ok, but I'll probably never watch it again.

No! Don't say that! In case you haven't noticed, the Sup Forums contingent here gets very upset when anyone fails to declare this movie the single greatest thing in the history of ever. Even better than Boyhood.

The fuck are you on about? Sup Forums hates this movie