Infinity Train

What does Sup Forums think of this? Should it be greenlit?

Pilot: youtube.com/watch?v=oY6kfVWv01k

I like it for the waifu bait.

I only noticed recently that her glasses are meant to represent the Infinity symbol ∞

If it ever get greenlit, it won't hair before 2018, right?

Seems pretty fun. I'm already intrigued by the weird mystery shit going on. I hope it gets approved.

It's great, plot wise.

It's just that the character designs look like utter shit, but I'll get over that. Trying not to let that get in the way.

I like it. I would hope to see more of it.

It wouldn't stay this nice of and detailed of an artstyle so no.

Was the corgi voiced by Johnny Bravo by the way?

I do think like it. Plenty of better shows out there at the moment

Sup Forums seems to be in love with it, but watching it again reminds me that I kind of actually hate it. Everything about it from the bipolar Portal Personality node to the "oh, no I'm not looking to be a hero, I'm just like a normal girl and this is all starting to get REALLY annoying" protag to the constant schizophrenic change in tone screams "me too" and grates on what little patience I have left for the genre.

If it came five years ago maybe I would like it, but everything has an expiration date and I think it's about time we put this "video game nostalgia magical realism regular kids" thing to bed.

CN already aired the pilot, at 6 in the morning on a Saturday, it failed.

i don't think you're really using the term "magical realism" correctly. i think i understand what you're trying to say, but you're really just looking more at fantasy.
magical realism is like... hyperbole made literal. it's taking the real world and injecting a bit of magic/fantasy into it, making it seem not out of the ordinary. i hate to sound stuck up, but i studied this shit for a unit in 11th grade and this is the first and only time i've ever heard it brought up anywhere else.

with a series like this, the writters would rappidly write themselfs into a corner, it is very restricting and her know it all attitude would get tiresome/annoying really fast.

It is great for a short series btu nothing beyond that.

>it is very restricting
I disagree. It offer lots of possibility.

It give me the same vibe than Dungeon and Dragons.

I'm just afraid that with it's popularity it'll eventually get picked up and become the new SU where it'll start off decent but then become a, pun intended, train wreck.
A miniseries would be nice though.

It needs a drastic change in art style first.

This. And not even that BIG of a re-design, really. This fanart makes ever so slight subtle tweaks that make the design way more appealing to look at.

>and become the new SU where it'll start off decent but then become a, pun intended, train wreck.
Except so far, it didn't. The issue with SU is that the broadcast is completely irregular with bomb format for episodes that matters and then weekly episodes for the townies, letting the lorefags a bit down to have to wait a week to get nothing for each one.

i am one of those who can enjoy nice self-contained episodes even if they don't bring much, as long as it's entertaining, but i think I am in the minority.

I dont know if I could tolerate this sort of main character, though I do appreciate a female character being allowed to be selfish. Id appreciate her more if she had 2 more side characters to bounce off of (the robot sphere thing is more like a joke character to me)

Yeah dude no. Season 4 has been a serious downgrade in quality. Fucking Rocknaldo.

Season 1 had funny and charming townie episode. 'Muh lore' isn't what people want, what they want is good writing and SU can no longer deliver.

Infinity Train could bypass all these issues by becoming a miniseries.

isn´t already greenlighted?

>Yeah dude no. Season 4 has been a serious downgrade in quality. Fucking Rocknaldo.
Strongly disagree. The blue diamond arc and Zooman was fucking awesome. Rose Room and the episode where Steven have to deal with his anxiety are awesome.

ocknaldo is more of an hitch on the road.
Fuck, I can't even blame Rocknaldo for making a bad representation of people who tend to act like him online, it's basically spot-on, and the rebuttal is actually well done. But the Cringe level of this kind of attitude is simply so high that its mere presence is enough to make the episode unbearable to watch, even though, it strikes it down perfectly.

But aside from that episode, I can't even see a bad one. No Season 4 is doing fine.

Does she take the knot?

No info. And even if it already has been, we will not know for a while.

>i am one of those who can enjoy nice self-contained episodes even if they don't bring much, as long as it's entertaining, but i think I am in the minority.
(I'm the same user you replied to)
The lore is a pretty big part of what separates this show from a lot of other shows.I personally believe there are plenty of other cartoons that do a better job at being self contained slice of life. (and lore too but idk)

A majority of people like me only really cared about the aliens since the townies are just less interesting. There are plenty of other shows with quirky human characters.

I suppose calling it a train wreck was a bit too harsh but I think it's a valid criticism that the main gimmick behind the show needs to take a back seat to townie episodes when the questions everyone wants answered could easily be spread to these episodes as well. I know that what the audience wants isn't necessarily what's best for the show and the scheduling plays a role into how people perceive it, but I feel like they generally wait to long to explain plot points with only a very vague payoff.

If Lakewood Plaza Turbo eventually got a show after god knows how long since the pilot aired, I'm sure this will too.

>and the episode where Steven have to deal with his anxiety

You're going to have be much more specific given the show you're talking about

It wasn't sci-fi Kino but for a CN cartoon its concept looked pretty cool. Also this

I don't know. What's wrong with the art style?

Ernie Hudson did his voice. The original black Ghostbuster.

This dog can't decide whether he's Patrick Stewart or James Earl Jones.

>Ernie Hudson

Oh -- I don't know how I'm meant to feel about this.

I'd like to see it as a fixed length mini-series with a mystery plot, but not a generic series stretched forever that only pretends to have a plot.

This. 10 episodes mini-series or a movie would be great.

The kid is fine, but the sad robot voice is utter shit.

>'Muh lore' isn't what people want

Lore episodes have much higher ratings

greenlit for a miniseries.

make it 10 episodes, 11 minutes each, like how Over the Garden Was was.

It was alright.

Wouldn't kick it out of bed, but wouldn't invite it in in the first place.

it's a meme cartoon that's been taylor made for reddit, so no

source

No. We need to make room for Teen Titans In Space

>spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace Waffles waffle space waffle waffle waffle space space

No shit, they aired it at a time where no child within it's demographic would reasonably be awake to watch it.
Just another example of CN setting something up to fail so they can continue to air 200 reruns of TTG a day.

Why didn't they try and sell it to Disney? They don't seem to be averse to lore, or female protagonists this days?

Am I autistic or something? Tone-wise it seems very by the books and generic to me, even if the visuals are a little different it still feels very much the same as Adventure Time. I don't understand what everyone is seeing in this

Studying something in 11th grade doesn't make you an expert.

However, you're right. Infinity Train - and the trope of an excessively normal person stuck in a fantasy world - is not magical realism.

It's not particularly original indeed. I imagine more people are more enamoured with their imagination of what it could be if greenlit than with the actual pilot. I know I am.

I think it should be more puzzle-oriented than "generic world of the week"-oriented, we already have enough of the latter.