BRAVO DISNEY BRAVO

>young enthusiastic kid longing for adventure
>abandons training to save his friends when all the odds are against him
>turns himself in to vader to buy friends time and has faith there is good still left in Vader, a man who is deemed unredeemable
>refuses to kill Vader in a fight, Vader is actually redeemed.
>Starts jedi order and doesn't hesitate to try and kill his sleeping nephew for THINKING about the dark side.
>Order burns down and that's enough for Luke hit fuck it and abandon his friends, the republic, everything he fought for.
>turns into a quipping sociopath and gets bested by Rey in a fight
>Yoda burns everything to the ground because nothing fucking matters anymore, Rey is the true hero who doesn't need help, Luke could've never left tatooine, it wouldn't matter
>projects himself to kylo ren and is open about not wanting to save him, makes edgy Han Solo quips "Pshh, see you around kid"
>Dies alone on an island from force exhaustion with his only purpose being to serve as a distraction so nu heroes can escape. In the gand scheme of things, he never accomplished anything

You know when the ST was announced, this was EXACTLY what I wanted. This is perfect way to carry on and end Luke's legacy. Just perfect.

sit down white boy

>acknowledging anything taking place after the perfect ending of ROTJ

This is easily the worst Star Wars movie ever made

It feels like a fucking Guardians of Galaxy movie with a extra bits to shit on Star Wars and parody it

This, and I was a fan of the EU.

>I don't need to cater to the male audience

White men can't be good, c'mon dude this is 2017

Even the EU turned sour pretty quickly. No idea how stuff like the Jedi Knight games ever managed to happen with that IP.

Is there any confirmation of Luke's quips? I've seen it thrown around a bunch but do we know specifically what he says?

>Yoda burning the books of Jedi knowledge is a metaphor for Disney destroying the franchise, the encyclopedic knowledge of the fans, the devotion of the old fans in order to pave the road for the new diversity heroes and their new fanbase.

>Luke knows that and gives up on life, which is a metaphor of him losing any hope left for the franchise and just growing out of it. Its not Luke dying. Its everything around him dying and he vanishes because he doesnt belong anymore. He was erasing himself from this new shitty trilogy.

the age of white males is over.

a new, more diverse Star Wars is upon us. While males will only be allowed to play the evil space nazis.

>Starts jedi order and doesn't hesitate to try and kill his sleeping nephew
But he did hesitate, he wasn't gonna do it and ashamed of himself but then Kylo woke up.

Die young, or live long enough to become the SJWs bad guy.
Luke should've died in the second Death Star explosion.

>Dies alone on an island from force exhaustion with his only purpose being to serve as a distraction so nu heroes can escape.
That is kind of what the whole message was though. Instead of trying to bea hero you should make sure the spark of hope survives.

Oh, so that's what No country for old men was about. I'm going to puke now.

There's links to the scene on several threads. His last words alive are literally and I quote, "See ya around, kid." to mock Kylo

what the fuck? I thought that was just one of those 'nothin personal kid' memes

>turns into a quipping sociopath and gets bested by Rey in a fight
tell me this is not true

>gee, why is this fan-fiction terrible? it's made by fans who love the franchise!

>the spark of hope survives.
The New Republic and Resistance kinda deserve it for being such fuck ups

Kylo's motivation is revealed to be that he woke up to see Luke swinging a lightsaber at his sleeping body, defended himself and turned dark

But Yoda didn't burn the books

he was a good friend