Oh no you dont, get back to drawing

Oh no you dont, get back to drawing

But I'm a writer.

But im tired of drawng boxes!

then either get back to writing or pick up a pencil and some loomis you lazy inconsiderate piece of human fecal matter

>be drawing all day
>decide to take a nap
>wake up
>computer has restared itself
>last save was nearly at the start of drawing session
I hate this fucking computer.

>Decide to work on requests in drawthread for once
>Finish a few, go to post them
>Krita crashes, erasing everything

It's a pain every artist knows, friend.

But I'm not instantly good at it like I was at the few other things I enjoy doing.

>Want to draw cartoons and doodles that pop into my mind
>Drawing skills of a 1st grader
>Read guides
>Tell me to draw realistic shit
>Says it'll take years for any progress

Becoming an artist is a meme. All my friends who had even a modicum of talent started off at that level rather than building to it.

All your friends started off as 1st graders. They just didn't stop between 1st grade and now, same with most artists.

Start today, and don't stop. Your friends may have a head start, but it's a marathon, not a sprint. Walk if you have to, but keep heading for the finish line.

I finished this.

Speaking from my own personal experience I wasn't any better or worse than any other 1st grader when i was that age. Also I almost failed the arts class I had in 5th and 6th grade, I just kind of skated by with what I imagine is the equivalent to a C- in murrican grading system. Some people have more talent, but ultimately it comes down to how much you work on it

Yeah, that feeling sucks. Gotta train yourself to save really often, especially if you're working with a big file on photoshop or something.

That looks very disturbing! Good job, user. Good job.

>that moment when your alarm fucks up and you sleep through your drawing class and the college is closed on friday so you have to come in on breaks

well I guess I have to come in on my day off, unless I work my ass off thursday. Is it acceptable to post pics of still lives here? If so, I'll post some when I get back from painting.

Guess I'm redesigning some stuff but my laptop has a shit display so I can't actually see what colors I'm picking.

i don't really believe in talent when it comes to art, it's a skill. I mean you can have a unique way of thinking or looking at something, and really the closest thing to talent is a passion or drive to keep pursuing a skill. Everyone has to start somewhere.

If it looks disturbing then I succeeded at my goal. Dark Souls is a hell of an inspiration (and also a source of infinite rage)

Op. All I do is draw. When do I get a break?

Bump

You should add some veins.

if you dont want to draw realistic shit dont do it, draw the cartoons you like and copy images until you are familiarized with it, draw what yuou like, drawing is hobby more than a discipline for a lot of people, the urge to git gud will make you reserach the realistic bullshit later, just get into drawing and have fun.

Does character design count? I can't draw

I think there's definitively some worth in following some guidelines about realistic art before stylizing for an animu style or something. I'm not saying you have to be a master of perspective and human forme like /ic/ autists would have you believe, but I definitely feel that I can draw characters in more dynamic and fluid poses ever since I took a few days off to train realistic shit

If you want criticism, I think the wolf eye looks kinda weird, I had to double check to make sure it wasn't a cyclops. Maybe reducing it a bit would help

Female character lokds really good, amazing job

yeah but its a chore, if he wants to draw he first needs to have fun and actually enjoy drawing before start making studies to git gud.

>tfw purchase a cintiq companion 2
>tfw the battery isnt getting charge
>tfw it need a new power jack.
>tfw don't know if its a yank and swap or a soddering job
>tfw spent 2k on some broke shit

Is it new? You might be able to get a refund or exchange if it's faulty.

Did my 1500 words today. Work hard y'all!

I'm going on vacation the next four days. But I'll work on piano books and drawings shit loads of boxes on my free time.

How's that?

>not Ctrl-S-ing automatically every minute
>not creating copies in case of file corruption
>probably not disabling the Windows update service

Live and learn, nigga.

How do I force myself to draw faster? I animate stuff and tend to zoom in too much to fix tiny details.

I did 0 words. I'm going to bed.

im still learning.
But i drew this, which i like a lot. Tried to make a kind of space deity

You... took a nap without saving?

You deserve what you got!

>All my friends who had even a modicum of talent started off at that level rather than building to it.

Your post is an insult to every artist who ever actually put the effort in to "get good".

I just want to get good enough to be proud of my work without feeling ashamed. I know I have a long way to go, but I'll get there one day.

boredom

No thanks. Juggernaut doesn't dehydrate to look like a leather bag like a body builder.

That's like an album cover.

I like it.

nope. even weirder. the plug works again now.

30 second gestures. Look up posemaniacs. Do a bunch of those everyday and you'll notice a difference.