Do you think The Punisher could work if she were a woman instead?

Do you think The Punisher could work if she were a woman instead?

Other urls found in this thread:

oi68.tinypic.com/2pslz53.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=E4GMrG0cekw
youtube.com/watch?v=u2WaOtKjbGY
youtube.com/watch?v=lFSyLNX8VLk
youtube.com/watch?v=3MVK4n7IUcA
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/marvel-comic-book-sales-falling-vp-diversity-women-a7662771.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you could write them identically and it wouldn't work because the fanbase would be indescribably more autistic about it

lol no. Unless she sprayed cyanide on her cunt and fucked dudes to kill them or something.

q.e.d.

fpbp

even so, I shudder to imagine the punisher fanbase being even more autistic

Possible, but only with some serious changes.

This.
You could even be smart and get really creative about how you wrote her working about her physical/strength limitations as a female to subdue/kill big barracuda sized mutherfuckers, but people would still bitch because everything is viewed as an agenda or "X"-washing

Huntress.

Honestly, as far as I'm concerned, every gritty anti hero/villains, would be like 3x better if they were women. Like, keep everything else, but just make them a chick. It's just a better aesthetic for me.

Femdom is disgusting

Fuck off

Verdict; Homosexual

She'd still have frankface.

Oh fuck off you retarded child.

Yeah.. a woman can't murder people with guns.. makes sense

Yeah, they could probably do an Alves book. I'd read it.

>Femdom
>I want to put a woman though even half the shit Wolverine's been through
literally the opposite my nigga.

Scowling Pussy.

I'd read more Cole-Alves, sure.

What I really want is more Outlaw and his Contest of Champions team.

didn't they already do this with some ginger whose family was slaughtered?

Sorta.

There was also the blond female Punisher who took over War Journal back in the 1990s.

>Do you think Wonder Woman could work if he were a man instead?
This is how retarded you sound.

He was pretty hot though.

They already did that though.

>Woman kills many criminals after her family gets murdered.
>Becomes a jaded fuck
Double standards?

Diana is explicitly tied to her gender, unlike frank. An apt comparison would have been would Vigilante work as a woman? and the answer's yeah.

There was also Jenny Cesare and Kathryn O'Brien in the MAX series

Wouldn't that basically just be Achilles?

Only if she was a well-written character. She would also have to retain the same anger and brutality as the male Punisher.

In other words, don't make her a mouthpiece for feminism or other political movements.

Listen, diane, all someone would have to do is make a fist at her, or you, for them to cower. Settle down.

Tranny punisher would be the best comic ever written point blank period.
This would be the only issue

Why do I know what game that is from....

Do you think Bueno Excellente could work if she were a woman instead?

Came here to say this.

Source? Please?

Read Rucka's run with Rachel Cole-Alves. She was basically fem-punisher.

And she fucked up and killed a cop because she panicked in a smoke cloud and she didn't properly ID her target.

this is the most uncomfortable image I have ever seen.

Really?

How about now?

oi68.tinypic.com/2pslz53.jpg

Pussy ass motherfucker, it's the patrician fetish

FUCK OFF SJW

It's fem-punisher, how the fuck is that social justice

>Who is Rachel Cole?

Fuck off casual.

Depends

If she was introduced at the same time as punishment was introduced, a time where people didn't give a shit, it would be absolutely fine

How the hell did rucka write the punisher so well?

Too friendly and dainty looking to be the punisher. Not sold on her visual design at all.

Isn't that just a modded Klub17

Read the comic, faggot. She'd certainly fuck your shit up manlet.

only if she's ugly and big probably,like one of those heavyweight olympionic

youtube.com/watch?v=E4GMrG0cekw

It's Alves. She took her husband's name.

youtube.com/watch?v=u2WaOtKjbGY

I think at the end of the ongoing it was stated that she wasnt cold as Frank and ended up accidently killing the young cop guy.
Still she was a good sidekick for Sorridu Furanku

this could be interesting if done right, "Francine" punisher could really help create that sense of lost humanity, particularly if its not played for sex appeal.
but this: would be a thing:
hell tumblr would shit itself too and be unable to try to articulate why, other than a broken "le secret trans xersyn" fixation.

I wonder if Marvel Death has a secret crush on Frank, and how Deadpool would take it if he found out.

It would work better. People wouldn't be able to wrap their minds around the true nature of whores, though, which a series like this would undeniably reveal. Punisher's viciousness never really fit a male protagonist anyway, he always had to be a "war vet" which is hand-waving of what comic authors don't understand. tl;dr: female Punisher would hit too close to home

youtube.com/watch?v=lFSyLNX8VLk

Cassondra Castle was a female version of the Punisher in 2099 Marvel Knights and worked pretty well. Middle aged single mother who had hunted criminals her entire life to honour her fathers (Frank Castle's) memory. The story revolved around her trying to train her teenage son to carry on the war and convince him what she was doing was right.

a womans taken punishers place before while he was recovering/thought dead a couple of times, its been pretty alright.
pretty sure there was a what if? series about it as well.

also painkiller jane

She showed up later doing her own thing on the west coast using the Punisher name.

youtube.com/watch?v=3MVK4n7IUcA

Make her a big black woman with sass, built like a female Barracuda MAX.

Or just give us a comic about female Barracuda MAX. Or just make a new Barracuda MAX comic, that dude is the best

No offence, but fucking kill yourself.

testing

Thought the character was kind of okay, but didn't really care for the story.

already exists

I liked the crazy woman that Frank encounters in MAX, the one who chained him to a bed and stole his shirt when she went to kill people. She would have been a great female Punisher. But then she ded. RIP.

It would be Hot
What a fucking faggot

For some reason, I think a female Barracuda would cause racial controversy in this day and age.

>"OH WHAT? BLACK WOMEN HAVE TO BE MANIPULATIVE PTSD MANNISH PSYCHOPATHS TO BE SUCCESSFUL AND TAKEN SERIOUSLY!?

One problem I see is that the punisher is kind of this archetypal male fantasy. The idea of violently taking revenge on those that hurt your family. I don't think it would work as well with a female lead.

Sure, though she'd have more problems in fisticuffs, as a rule. And her background would obviously be completely different.

Frank was easily right up his alley.

A disgusting fat hambeast who pervs on people and rapes them to death? Yeah.

Who honestly gives a fuck.

What matters is whether or not the story's good, not what a bunch of libtards on twitter will cry about next.

OP.....

THE Punisher, as in Frank Castle turned into Francine Castle?

Gay, lame as fuck.

A woman who becomes LIKE Punisher in her own right? Interesting, would like to see what she does differently from Frank and have the inevitable Vs comic

It's Modern Marvel though.

>Marvel tries something.
>Can be viewed as sexist/racist/etc. if you look at it from a very specific perspective.
>"OMFG, WHAT THE FUCK WAS MARVEL THINKING WITH THIS OFFENSIVE BULLSHIT!?" - Generic Geek Culture News Site.
>"We at Marvel would like to apologize for..."
>Marvel backpeddles.
>Panders to small group of loud regressive leftists who don't even read comics but know a little bit about the Marvel universe thanks to the films and quick Google searches.
>The courage to take creative risks dies a little more.

>The idea of violently taking revenge on those that hurt your family.
>I don't think it would work as well with a female lead.

What, look at virtually any example of nature, it's mama [whatever] that flies off the handle and tears you apart.

I don't think there's ever been an actual female version of Frank (besides maybe pic-related from a panel in Exiles) yet, just different women (like Lynn Michaels, Rachel Alves, Jenny Cesare, Mangaverse, his daughter in the MK 2099, etc.) who have taken up the identity.

>It's Modern Marvel though.

That isn't Marvel it is just the modern internet. There exist groups of people who enjoy being outraged and actively look for things to be offended about. DC learned to ignore them and Marvel will learn to ignore them soon as well.

The general concept and the dead family but I don't think the Vietnam vet thing would fly.

Unless it was about a Vietnamese woman who was a peasant who joined the Vietcong and became a Vietnamese Punisher. That'd actually be sick.

Well, it was and maybe still is modern Marvel. It's no secret Marvel has been over the top pandering to the PC crowd these past couple of years. Although, they seem to be learning from their unnecessary leftist pandering.

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/marvel-comic-book-sales-falling-vp-diversity-women-a7662771.html

woman can violently defend their families, but I think revenge fantasies are more male than female.

Is this intended to be fucking hilarious?

Nah, I've met a lot of women who seem to have pent up aggression.

I think there's a market for it.

Silly user. Girls don't read comics.

>.t normie

I remember this comic. Do you know the name?

The motivation of a murderedd family would work just as well, I don't know if it would work for her to be an unstoppable killing machine like Frank is. A more subtle approach would work better. She could be some sort of assasin.

take your Femdom fetish shit over to /d/

Women are known for being for being vindictive as fuck while men "just fight it out and become friends".
Can't have it both ways, retard.

Well like Netfrank Punisher she couldn't have served in 'nam so there goes all that backstory and service.

Widowmaker.

This is actually one of the key elements of Ennis' Jennifer Blood (sans the murdered family): the MC is a lot more subtle, stealthy and backstabbing than Castle, preferring isolating targets and killing indirectly than getting into full-on firefights.

There's also Vendetta from Punisher 2099.

If mentally ill servicemen are anything to go by Frank Castle could transition into Francine

>93 posts without devolving into a PunPun image dump

best board best thread

Nasty.
Reminds me of Fifty from Punisher: Barracuda.

Bang bang, motherfucker.

>Jennifer Blood

Pretty Good shit. Wonder how a crossover with Frank would go?

Not really Punisher more like crazy fucking magical girl and evil gods

At the start of the series, while Jennifer's still trying to kill her uncles, I can actually see Castle lending her a hand. Maybe not straight-up teaming up with her, but trying to kill her marks or set them up for her faster, so that she can put all that behind her as quickly and painlessly as possible. Kinda give her the chance Jenny Cesare never had.
If it's at the end of the series? Hooo shit. That's going to get fucking bloody.