Bug!: The Adventures of Forager #1 Preview

I think this was posted early morning in a Young Animal general thread, but it was archived:

>Forager is just one of the Hive before he breaks out of his cocoon and finds himself in a mysterious house in an unknown realm. There he meets all kinds of strange creatures: a ghostly girl, a talking teddy bear and otherworldly weirdos that have literally jumped out of his worst nightmares. But these interdimensional oddballs are nothing compared to the evil General Electric, who is on the hunt for a reality-bending metal that could alter the fabric of life itself. To stay one step ahead of him and preserve the multiverse, Forager must travel through alternate dimensions to seek the metal and, hopefully, catch up with that cagey stuffed bear. If he does it, will he finally be able to distinguish himself as a New God?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbeat.com/preview-your-first-look-at-the-newest-young-animal-bug-the-adventures-of-forager-1/
leeallred.com/bib_lee_ography.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

comicsbeat.com/preview-your-first-look-at-the-newest-young-animal-bug-the-adventures-of-forager-1/

>Batman punching out Orion
This is fucking retarded. And I'm a HUGE batfag.

Lots of random arms

The end

Variants and backup matter coming next

Stop focusing on power levels, autismo.
That's clearly some sort of dramatic confrontation rather than an actual fight.

Have you even read Cosmic Odyssey?

As someone who doesn't know much about 4th World, what's a Bug?

Fuck you, if he were punching out Superman or Wonder Woman you'd be raging.

Speaking of Cosmic Odyssey

>Death: Cosmic Odyssey #4

No I wouldn't. Context matters, power levels don't.

This looks pretty good. I'll probably pick up #1 from my local store. When's it come out anyway?

Man, after all these years, still no one can draw Kirby machines that look like the real deal.

May 10th, so this is a pretty early preview

I know jack shit about the New Gods but this seems cool. Anything I got to know before reading this when it's out?

read Cosmic Odyssey

>Mr and Mrs Bartholomew Blankenship and Buddy Jr.
So he's in Buddy Blank's house? Neat.

o shit more kirby

Cosmic Oddysey is shit.

>tfw you probably would have loved YA comics five years ago before everyone ruined your love for them

Who is Lee Allred?

Whoa hold up, Cosmic Odyssey is canon to this?

Has Harvey done anything for YA yet before this?

Mike’s brother.
leeallred.com/bib_lee_ography.htm

He designed the cover for Doom Patrol #1.

>giving even half a shit about 'muh cape power levels'

Further proof that Batfags have zero standards and are the bottom of the barrel cancer killing comics

Look at him and laugh

This isn't even about power levels because the character doesn't even have powers. Retard.

Forager is a cutie patootie

'Power levels' isn't a literal term you fucking twat

Even more proof that Batfags are a few chromosomes short

Jesus Christ you are fucking retarded beyond belief. Stupid fucking meme poster.

Allred's style is pure sex

You're not alone. This really looks like a nice reading. Alson liking the art a lot.

He is definitely the artist most capable of evoking Kirby's style while definitely being his own thing.

I'll be picking this up in my slim 7ish book pull list. The Allred family killed it on those final FF issues.

nice reaction face

I have a feeling these guys have to do with Kirby's Sandman. And how it says he hates WWII here probably means that the Boy Commandos are going to show up.

You have got to be right. The variant cover here seems to have either Brute or Glob on it. The rest of the article that OP didn't copy includes mention that this is a big celebration of Kirby:

> DC’s Young Animal celebrates Jack Kirby’s centenary with this new six-issue miniseries—and who better to tackle this task than the Eisner Award-winning Allred clan! Featuring scripts by Lee Allred (BATMAN ’66), art by Michael Allred (Silver Surfer) and colors by Laura Allred (Lady Killer), BUG! is truly a family affair

Looks really good actually. I'm a big fan of Allred's art and the story seems interesting too. I love what DC is doing with the Kirby stuff this year, especially with today's tease for a Barda/Miracle Tom King series.

I think Scioli beats him. He should have been given a New Gods mini to go wild with.

wouldn't be surprised if Superpowers gets it's own comic in the near future

Looking good

I feel like Mother Panic was a miss but other than that Young Animal is doing pretty great