Remake PPG for a one off special

>remake PPG for a one off special
>exact same tone and humor, exact same voice actors, just a different art style
>everyone fucking hates it
>another PPG remake comes along
>its a billion times worse and may as well not even be called PPG

I bet you wish you had Golden Book style PPG now, huh you fucking cuckolds.

Just because we didn't want shit and got something even worse doesn't mean we were wrong.

Yeah I wish this version of PPG got a full series.
Kevin Dart was the perfect man for the job.
Well at least there's Peabody and Sherman.

So you're saying being pooped on a little is better than being pooped on a lot?

No shit, dude.

There was literally nothing wrong with the PPG special and it would have been a thousand times better if we got another show based around that instead of the abortion we have now.

Why did people hate this art style?

>neither had Craig
then whats the fucking use

Jokes on you OP, I fucking hated both of them.

I liked this art style. I wouldn't mind if this happened

The paper/arts-and-crafts style looks neat but the city and a lot of the show had this weird blinding glare over it that was distracting and the writing felt like a really mediocre episode of the original show like it's later seasons.

Part of it for me is because it's just so jarring. I guess it gets a pass for intentionally looking Golden Book style like OP says, but watching it in motion was not pleasing to the eye.

Couple that with the fact that they were using the same cringey, fast paced Simpsons humor and flanderizations that were in the later seasons of the original show, made me drop it like a rock. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever even finished that special.

Also, fuck Ringo Starr, but I'll save that for Sup Forums

>Ugly ass art

Nah. I'd rather have nothing.

It wasn't ugly, it was great what the fuck.

i was fine with the artstyle.

it was the dance off that made me realize the show was already dead

Kevin Dart's art is usually good. Everyone hated PPG Dance Pantsed's style because it was different than the old one. And the special itself was nothing to write home about

the writing in this special was bad but the character designs and art style were really great, just a shame they went with such a weird twitchy style of animation. anyone who thinks these are legitimately bad character designs/art direction probably just doesn't like it because it's different. they're very appealing, unique, and stylish, per the norm for kevin dart's work.

Didn't this one actually have his blessings?

I'm sorry about your blindness.
Where can I send the gift basket?

People didn't like it because it looked different from the original. That's the original reason people hated the reboot too, they were only vindicated when it turned out to be total, complete ass.

I thought the special had nice art. It was different but still looked good.

Well, too bad. You got worse.

>exact same tone and humor,
No it wasn't. Did you even see it?

Those eyelashes make them look like whores

Yes I did.
It was like a more mediocre episode of the original, but still pretty similiar.

Thats not a bad thing

Looks too much like anime, I assume.

this
can we just leave old cartoons alone?

There will always be people who want reboots because it's from there childhood.

And...?

I fucking LOVED that style. It just needed outlines.

I liked it for having a new art style, I just thought the animation sucked ass. So did the writing.

is being a passive aggressive little bitch all you can do?

They did a show with that style but with outlines and a love for going off-model and it was

Fuck everyone who said that episode was shit, I liked the style and i wanted it. Fuck nuppg.

Damn, that makes me laugh every time!

Where's that one with Aku sending Jack to 2017?

The art style was alright. That seems to be the only reason anyone hated it because of "Not muh" shit

Now we have PPG 2016

I like how the CN rep is basically an emotionless drone and the AS rep is a drooling retard

Whether you liked the past PPG specials or not, they all had a purpose and tried something new. That's the big problem with the new PPG series. There's no point. it exist just to exist.

That's a chicken man

Holy
Fucking
Shit

I thought it's an open triangle-shaped mouth with drool

>Not liking Ringo

To hell with you

it's a cartoon for little girls. who gives a fuck

Then fuck off gay boy

Both were shit and shouldn't have been made, also the anime was shit.

The problem is people keep trying to make a buck off the PPG franchise without understanding what made it popular in the first place.

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success: the Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worth of being saved.

I'm really getting sick of this whole "reboot/remake" mentality that's been so prevalent lately. Originality is punished while remaking a loved film or show that is admittedly worse than the initial project is encouraged. I understand it's an easy way to make a quick buck, but where's the integrity in that?

I liked the special

>artistic integrity
>In 2017
Make a kickstarter if you want artistic integrity buck-o. No company's give a shit about your integrity. Make your cartoon cheap and popular and only use styles that have been proven to be popular. Nothing else matters. You're not making art, you're selling a product.

Yeah, integrity wasn't exactly the word I was looking for. I'll just bide my time until this all fades away

This special had a really good Metroidvania game based on it that nobody but me played.

I gotchu senpai

Fuck you, the tone of DPSPPG was still shit the second they forced "muh hip" at the end of that shitty episode. Hell the same issue in nuPPG was present in this as well, the girls wants to play games before saving Townsville, only Blossom showed resistance to do their job.

And the animation was shit, even if it wasn't glitchy nuPPG tier shit. It shouldn't have been rebooted period, let it end in fucking piece. PPGZ was a saving grace that did its job right, and more respectable than Americans can do to their own shit. Disgraceful.

I hated the art style because it was so ADHD. Something had to twitch every second.

Fuck you, it was good

>PPGZ was a saving grace that did its job right
You had me until then

it was the lesser evil of the revivals,nothing WOW it's the perfect remake but it's better than this.

>ugly
fuck off with your shit taste

PPGZ was just a mediocre Pretty Cure season really

>>exact same tone and humor

Actually now, since the Chris Savino seasons, the humour took a more snarkier tone, and the PPG Rules special was almost like the Gekisou Sentai Carranger of the franchise, it was too lampooning, this one was no different.

nuPPG sucks.

Also if you wanna give PPGZ a chance, avoid the dub at all costs cause it made something that wasn't that great in the first place to something pathethic.

I liked the Dance Pansted special. The art was jarring at first but it grew on me. The actual plot and action was a bit weak, but the writing and jokes were spot on. And I wanted the fuck the brown cowgirl dancer

She was a parody of niki minaj

I didn't know she was a parody of Niki Minaj. Nor do I even care about Niki Minaj. I stand by what I said.

It's either her, or Ringo Star in a yellow dress.

>Defending PPGZ
Opinion invalidated.

but you were

Tight.