So is The Last Jedi even worth watching?

So is The Last Jedi even worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

no-you.com/jp/src/1513193666222.webm
streamable.com/8x9t9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Haven't seen it yet, but from the leaks and spoilers I've seen, which are largely confirmed, I'd say yes, if only for the memes.

Define worth watching.

>episode 7 is shit
>shit, terribly written and acted characters
>a god awful plot
>full of horrid CGI crap for little babies
>endless pandering, fan service, nothing of value

>durr is episode 8 worth watching?

brainlet

Does it even matter? You'll probably watch it anyways.

I'm not paying for a ticket

What is your opinion on Rogue One?

memes are self contained, you don't need to see the actual movie
eventually with a enough meme consumption you'll have a good knowledge of the movie anyway so why bother

At least Episode 8 doesn't seem to be factory produced slop like Episode 7

not nearly has bad as episode 7 but still not needed. we already have the story of the death star plans and it was kyle katarn.

so it's better produced and more polished but it's still the same terrible characters and dumb plot. polish a soulless corporate turd and it's still a soulless corporate turd. star wars is dead.

>a bad movie can't have a good sequel

(ofc this isn't the case, just making a point here)

if the characters and meta plot are bad then yes it cannot have good sequel. if it has rey, finn, or the orange jar jar lady then it's bad, end of story.

what do you think?

The Rey and Kylo dynamic was done quite well imo, probably made him a more likeable character to normies

Saw it last night Hamill is great, rest is garbage

This, there’s several meme movies I’ve never seen but know enough about via the memes on here

the scene of him looking at the binary sunset with the force theme playing in the background is one of the few (maybe the only) good things to come out of this movie

I refuse to believe this scene is fucking real, holy fuck is cannot be real

Everything else can be but not this.

Friendly reminder that if you bought a ticket, you are literally telling Disney you love this shit.

It's kino

no-you.com/jp/src/1513193666222.webm

Negan?

>eventually with a enough meme consumption you'll have a good knowledge of the movie anyway so why bother
I know you think you're joking but you've done this with several movies already, forming opinions based on nonsense. Why do you choose to brag about this, I'm not sure.

It's way better than TFA

But none of the faggots here have actually watched it

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kill yourself

it's just lame. star wars never used to be THAT fucking lame. neo-luke fighting a literally who that we do not care about, fighting a battle that doesn't matter on a planet that looks stupid with goofy NOT-at-ats in the background as recycled music plays.

tensionless garbage.

it's worth watching to see just how far star wars has fallen and for the memes and to just laugh at how fucking shit it has become.

Worth watching? Yes.
Worth paying $15 to see? No

Just wait for it to appear on Netflix in March.

>star wars never used to be THAT fucking lame

Is the force sloth confirmed?

>Paying for disneywars

*charges at u and slashes you in half*
*it was a hologram*
"heh, see you around kid."

Fucking hell people actually paid money for this shit.

Is it really as bad as it looks like it’s gonna be? I liked TFA alright though I haven’t seen it since I saw it in theaters so I’m not sure how it holds up. The spoilers for TLJ make it look like absolute shit.

OH NO NO NO NO NOOOOO

>minor meme moment most people never even notice in the background vs literally the center action with the two main """""""""""""""""characters""""""""""""""""

Why didn't Force Ghost Yoda just strike Snoke or Kylo with lightning? Does being a ghost while also being able to interact with the physical world make him invincible?

>tfw the "I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" line finally makes sense

no

nigger you're listening to shitposters who haven't watched it

it's more tfa. it sucks. although it's not directed by jj brams so at least it doesn't look so bland and lifeless.

>Is it really as bad as it looks like it’s gonna be?

No. You should definitely buy tickets! And make sure to post your experience on Twitter with the hashtag #LovingStarWars.

Make sure to follow the cast, too.

Star Wars turned to Matrix?

save ur moneys, bake a potato

who stole my fan fiction?

Does it explain why his force projection has less grey hair?

ding ding ding we have a winner

>psssh....see you later kid

>It's way better than TFA
Like that's an accomplishment.

you are CLEARY a misogynist!!!!

it's not a force projection, it's bigger luke. luke prime dies when bigger luke dies because they have a force bond like KOTOR 2

streamable.com/8x9t9

Yoda is so wise
we should all heed his words

>"He was taunting Kylo, bro! That's why he brushed imaginary dust off his shoulder too!"

Just turn your brain off

The movie does nothing to further the plot. At the end of the movie we're in the exact same situation as we were in when TFA ended.

I'll watch it...but probably if i have a day off. I have a moviepass.

But...desu i am not really looking forward to it.

this

holy fucking shit I was getting so mad thinking luke was gonna go out like obi wan then wheni it's just a projection I was happy and *pssh see you around kid* I actually felt a little cheer inside me.

It killed my interest in future star wars films, but it's not a bad film in itself. it's just kind of lame to me as a tentpole huge Star Wars film. The storytelling is sloppy and needed revision (the entire finn/rose plot could have been gutted with little impact). It has things going for it, especially some amazing visual setpieces and creative editing, but looking back it felt like the movie had no real impact on me in the end.

All of the mysteries set up by VII and the film's marketing ended up falling flat or being literally nothing. The only thing that we have to look forward to now is "the final showdown" between Kylo and Rey, and I realized walking home that I have no interest in that. I still want to see them eventually for completion's sake, but I'm never paying to see one of these in a theater again.

It's very possible that I just went in with a bad mood, but I don't think my opinion will change. Perhaps it's the lack of Lucas autism that makes it lose that flavor.

That was funny as shit though.

except for the fact that snoke and luke are dead you fucking retard

>be in theater
>"pssshhhhh....."
>audience eyes widen in anticipation
>"see you around kid"
>audiences starts clapping and screaming with laughter while throwing their fedoras at the screen
>on the back of me I hear people singing The Game of Thrones tune with the text "cells interlinked"
>ryan gosling walked in front of the screen and start dancing like PSY while chanting "UP UP UP UPVOTE REDDIT STYLE"
>meanwhile people pull out their phones and start taking pictures of ryan and posting it on reddit
>as I wanted to leave the theatre I stumble on a band of 30 manchildren chanting "UPVOTE REDDIT STYLE .... UP, UP UP UPVOTE REDDIT STYLE" while dancing like PSY

Jesus Christ it is actually worse than the prequels. I didn't want to believe that but it really is. In hindsight even TFA was but I only saw it once when it came out and never wanted to see it again.

I like how you're justifying to yourself how it's not "that" bad and will probably go see the next Star Wars, anyway.

Just got out. Worth watching but it's far from great.

Only if you have morbid curiosity.

Jesus fucking christ, I might ACTUALLY REFUND.

It's pretty scary, yeah.

After that ending why bother making another film? They shoved two movies' worth into it.

>Force ghosts can interact with the world of the living

Wow.

This isn't just a plot hole.

It's a plot chasm.

If you think Episode 7 is bad then hoo boy you're in for a fucking ride with TLJ. It makes TFA look like a fucking masterpiece.

All of my wat.

Worse than the Phantom Menace. No memes.

>streamable.com/8x9t9
so death doesn't matter anymore if you get to a certain strength threshold?

This works really well with the force theme btw. Especially if you sync the crescendo when Kylo Ren turns around

yoda has turned into a book burning madman
streamable.com/8x9t9

Fuck books and shit, reading is gay nigga
t. yoda

>Rey is so powerful she doesn't need training

THE FORCE IS FEMALE

I enjoyed it. I know Sup Forums loves to hate, but it was actually decent. Plan on going to see it again with family in about a week.

So like, what happens when Rey dies? Oops guess the knowledge is lost forever! How unfortunate.

totally not the TPM Yoda muppet because the lesson was learned this time.. nu-star wars is way better than the prequels cuz OT n shit

>mfw

will you take your wife's son too?

Shut up, this looks like fucking shit, I would have proffered he went out like Obi Wan

Of course not.

If you had an ounce of self restraint you know you wouldn't see it just to say fuck you to Disney.

I saw it 14 hours ago. It's fucking garbage.

probably appearing like the last time they met years ago, luke being younger

The books were in the Falcon at the end you blind fuck

FUCK MICKEY MOUSE
FUCK THIS SHIT

its actually Luuke

>Copy the OT beat for beat in the first Nu Wars
>Shit all over the OT, it's fans and lore in the second

Bravo Disney. No more of my shekels for you.

>everything you just said was wrong

Oh my god

>cgi puppet

Did force ghost Yoda just use force lightning, a dark side power?

>yes, Luke fuck history that's what you need to learn

That explains why we got zero backstory on Snoke.

Trying way too hard their kid

i dont even want to see this movie anymore just because of this

fuck

short webm version

nigga whut is up wit u tryna go tu skool mayn? don need no books nigga whatchu doin?

Just back from midnight screening. Atrociously mediocre film. What they did with Luke and Snoke is unforgivable.

DAS RITE