And the Oscar for Best Picture goes to

And the Oscar for Best Picture goes to...

Talk correct or git raped.

Mother!!

*round of applause*

This scene gave me a boner desu

this was a great year for trashy cinema!

>jlaw getting beaten to shit
maybe aronofsky hasn't forsaken me after all

>when Sup Forums met jennifer lawrence

>a film that doesn't empower women, POC, or gays winning Best Picture
Um, no sweetie. It's not the stone ages anymore.

>nuwars fan

I was being complimentary. I liked all three of those movies. I have no interest in the Star Wars movie.

she fell

Thats Dunkirk you fucking retard

>best year for film in a decade
>Sup Forums STILL talking about kiddie adventure flicks

What a fucking film. Just watched it yesterday. Didn't think Lanthimos would top his previous works. My favorite film in probably a long time.

Sweetie is the most unbearable word ever.

the thought alone makes me laugh

imagine all the curious normies watching it after it gets best picture

im sure the suicide rates will spike for a while after

I liked that it was filmed in Cincinnati for some reason.

Wow you fags are still shilling this garbage? Fucking awful. Best excuse is "it's a grindhouse homage!!!!". It's shit.

wow, i might actually watch it now

What's with the acting and dialogue in Lanthimos' films? Is it his schtick? I thought it was just The Lobster because it's set in some dystopian future but it's in this film as well and this one is supposed to be more "realistic" (in the real world). Yet it's still the same. Everyone is so robotic and cold. It's obviously intentional but what does he mean by it?

.... Girls Trip!

yes it's his schtick. his other movies, Alps and Dogtooth, are very much the same. it's deliberately theatrical. I really like it and think it adds to the "humor" in these movies.

Got to fucking hate these quote filled covers, FUCK.

I've heard before that he has a rule to not give back stories to any of his characters and is very particular about his dialogue to deliver the story. So everything is in the moment.

>a movie that isn't about a black lesbian fat woman getting out of the hood and becoming the ceo of a multinational company, that starts with a Martin Luther King quote and ends with a dedication to the brave women who denounced sexual harassment
>ever winning anything
Lol

anyone get a kubrick vibe out of this?

It's like Yorgos completely doesn't understand human emotions, that or he is just trying to be funny

>anyone get a kubrick vibe out of this?
more Haneke.
>he is just trying to be funny
Mostly this. but the best scenes in Sacred Deer are the flashes of genuine humanity, like when he is weeping outside the house.

I haven't seen it but there's the monolith right there on the cover

you should, it's pretty good

Why did she get almost rayped?

yes definitely

Dang that room is tall. It'd be a nightmare to drywall.

>like I so read the script and when I got to that scene I was all like "THATS ME, THAT'S WHAT I FELT LIKE!" so please let me ruin your entire movie with the fact I can't fucking act, I'll suck your cock!

>best year since one of the best in history

Its been a shit year for film. Nothing that's been more than marginally interesting.

It makes me kind of sad that this movie will probably not receive a nomination for a single award. But then again awards are bullshit and I think Aronofsky would be terribly shocked if he did receive a nod

So is it Poz Me By Your Name or Three Black Lives Mattering Outside Raciss, Missouri? It's either gays or blacks this year. There's no gay black movie.

The way he directs is commentary on a number of things. How people communicate in social media and texts, how non-actors seem when you spend too much time around/watching actors, how society expects people to behave, etc. Then he intentionally frames the behavior in the extreme situations to intensify the surrealism of the situations.

>dude clean shots am kubrik!
go fuck yourself with a rake

It's the type of movie that would live or die based on the lead's performance, and holy fuck did he fuck up by casting jennifer lawrence. The girl at the end acts more in her in five seconds than lawrence did the entire film.

On the contrary I think Lawrence and Bardem could have been stick figures and it would have been just as poignant

>they didn't try killing the dog
huge plot hole

Probably my favorite film this year but I don't see it being nominated for anything other than maybe cinematography. Too strange and doesn't push anything progressive.

It's called dark humor.

Some of it was meant to be funny like when he's dragging the kid in the hospital hallway

This.

Call me by Your Name or The Florida Project or Lady Bird have better chances at winning best picture.

It might something like Shape of Water or The Square though but these are probably the least watched/available ones

i'll bet money you didn't get the actual message of the movie.

By all means explain it to me

it was good i really like this guy. this was so off putting. im a brainlet though and i really like to know things so i wish it explained how or what the kid was doing to the family, even if it was a curse or something. but i get exactly why they didnt explain it and can appreciate the decision.

He specifically told him either the children or wife.

I'm upping my bet.

The bluray isn't even out, how are you all seeing this?

Call Me by Your Name obviously

honestly with the new academy being made up of like 50% "people of color" after niggers sperged out 2 years ago i wouldn't be the least bit surprised with something like this.

Nope he just says "now you have to kill one of your family" Re-watch it

i liked it but i didnt think it was funny or could be interpreted in any such way.
>inb4 brainlet

movie magic.

>Yorgos completely doesn't understand human emotions
he does, but that's how he shots his films. all of them. it's deliberate

it's a 8/10 movie. not 10/10, because he didn't get raffey naked

We're never going to get the next brooke shields.

>watching non-bd sources
>ever
Thanks, yify

>get the next brooke shields
why did you mean by that? no, seriously, I wanna know.

Yeah like they're giving it to a movie about coward fucking white men

>colin farrel
>oscar

.. right

I am damned if I do and damned if I don't. Anything I say will be twisted to make me wrong, even if it by chance happens to be the meaning you have in mind (if it even exists).
I will keep my interpretation to myself, thank you.

I'm not sure how one could interpret that to mean anything other than "the next actress with a career similar to that of brooke shields."

This is a sign of cowardice. You brought it up first, shit or get off the pot.

>the next actress with a career similar to that of brooke shields."
you mean women who had a couple of films back when they were young and then disappeared making shitty films like furry vengeance? there are lots of actresses like that.

... are you touched in the head or something?

brooke shields is not special.

Please tell me again about how the girl at the end acted "more in her in five seconds" than Lawrence. You obviously hold high standards.

Ah, you're from that alternate dimension where girls under 13 are constantly nude on screen.

She delivered a line and it didn't sound like she was bored/distracted. Something jennifer lawrence has yet to do.

>you're from that alternate dimension where girls under 13 are constantly nude on screen.
a month ago I saw a french movie where that happened. It's not that special.

It's unfair to compare a nameless face with someone you've seen in a dozen movies before.
And on that note I will admit it is a poor decision to cast a big Hollywood star in any movie that you're trying to have anyone take seriously.

.>its unfair to expect an actress to act

web-dl

my god this is fucking hilarious thank you user

That is neither what I said nor what I meant to say.

any americans know where is this?

Its what you didn't mean to say.

CINCI

PS YORGOS IS /OURAUTIST/

What I meant to get across is that if you have seen an actor or actress play any character before, it is infinitely harder for your mind to believe this actor/actress is who they are saying they are.
The film industry would be a much better place if every actor had to retire after their first film, but that simply isn't feasible.

Toronto

I'm not autistic so I have no difficulty separating actors/actresses form their roles.

The problem with jennifer lawrence is how easy it is to see her ready to deliver a line, and, instead, just sighing and saying "line."

it won't be nominated, you dork

lanthimos is too weird for the academy

>I won't let you leave until you've tasted my tart!

c'mon son.

BRAVO LANTHIMOS
Genuinely, best film I've seen all year

You'd have to dig a bit to find that bar.

Go back to your star shits threads

wtf I love aronofsky now

.....watered down Lanthimos now eligible for American audiences™!

They will probably give it to Dunkirk, Phantom Thread, or Lady Bird.

They will have to choose between
-finally giving Nolan an award (if not this, I'd expect his next film to win BP-the Academy feels obligation)
-Rewarding Paul Thomas Anderson and Daniel Day-Lewis on the latter's Swan Song, and for making a "prestige film" (i.e. period piece)
-Going full damage control on the Weinstein situation and giving Best Picture to a quality film lead, written, and directed by females.

As of right now I'd say Lady Bird is the frontrunner, but a lot will depend on Phantom Thread's release. If DDL and PTA really hit it out of the park it's theirs.

I wish she just stayed young forever like her Tommorowland character.

>that fight choreography

Lady bird because... Your reasoning

waman

any more scenes of raffey from the killing... movie?

> Genuinely, best film I've seen all year

> Genuinely, best film I have seen all year

Should be this but I reckon it will be largely ignored at the Oscars. It's better than Drive and Pattinson gives a Pacino/DeNiro in their prime (70's) tier performance. Best performance of the year, best soundtrack of the year.

This.

CRYPTIC METAPHOR

Nicole Kidman's ass and Raffey getting slapped, two of my favorite things. Thank you.