What implications will the Disney/Fox Merger have?

People freaking out over how Fox is going to get fucked by Disney is overreacting, everyone reacted the same way when Disney bought Marvel back in 2009. Everything is going to be fine.

Fox buying Disney is a terrible idea that no one should support, but muh xmens is apparently more important.

But imagine if Disney controls every major film release in the near future? can't be good for the free Market.

I seriously thought it was about net neutrality. Disney would shut down fox news or make it a hardcore left news. Then they would own all the major sports broadcaster and charge a premium.

This

In fact everything is going to be BETTER than fine

Look at what Based Disney did for Marvel and Star Wars know think about them doing it to every property Fox has

ISN'T THAT FR*CKING AWESOME?! And with all those amazing properties we will get even more great Disney movies a year

They're not picking up News or Sports, Murdoch is keeping those. They basically just want the IP to stick up on Disneyflix

Don't blame Disney for doing something that's in their best interests. Blame Fox for stepping out of the game and focusing on Fox News

no more R rated x-men/deadpool movies
netflix on suicide watch

(You)

What game? Endless capeshit and Star Wars?

>imagine there being less shit regurgitated out into theaters every year

My god....what a horrible future....

Feds breaking up Disney when?

You know it's gonna happen at some point, they're getting too big for its own good;

stop watching major film releases?

Imagine wanting to watch 25 new movies in one year

dude is freaking out over losing a bunch of subpar crap that virtually nobody paid to see

Calm down there user, that sounds like a logical thought and opinion, not a meme. Can't have that here

>he doesn't have more than 50 hours of free time in a year

hey it sells tickets

Excellent for their propaganda purposes however

Antitrust law will mysteriously start bending around Disney just like copyright law does.

"Endless capeshit and Star Wars" is a substantial chunk of global box office sales, so show some respect

There is no free market anymore. It's everything wrong with the world

People will finally stop being wrong when they call her a Disney Princess

Soon movies will be replaced with Disney experiences where you are shown different cgi shit and once in a while superheros fighting or quipping

DEADPOOL MEETS SPIDER-MAN

No, but honestly, this is about Netflix.

Disney is tired of Netflix dominating the streaming market, so they're buying Hulu and FOX's IP library. Expect Hulu to become the exclusive place for for Disney/ABC/FOX content.

Alien and Predator cinematic universe and Avengers crossover

Get ready for even fewer releases. With this news, Disney is gonna release like 12 movies a year, with each movie being some kind of super hero/star wars/generic action movie bullshit/CGI kiddy movie. Say good bye to crime dramas and other adult movies, cause fox made the majority of them.

Tfw this will create a strong counter culture of pure kinography

I looked up the Fox and Searchlight releases, which ones were actually good? Because the only ones I've seen on the list are Gifted and Logan

A Cure for Wellness
A United Kingdom
Alien: Covenant
Battle of the Sexes
Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul
Gifted
Goodbye Christopher Robin
Kingsman: The Golden Circle
Logan
Murder on the Orient Express
My Cousin Rachel
Patti Cake$
Snatched
Step
Table 19
The Boss Baby
The Mountain Between Us
The Shape of Water
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
War for the Planet of the Apes
Wilson

>Anastasia is a Disney princess
>She'll show up in kingdom hearts
I didn't know I want this

>spends his free time actually watching movies or tv

pathetic faggot

see this is what I'm talking about

People ITT are complaining "we won't get any movies except Marvel" but where are the good movies from Fox? I don't see anything of value. Don't tell me you idiots enjoy Planet of the Apes movies

Buy shares of fox desufam

Don't worry goys, everything is going to be a-okay!

So we'll get more quality over quantity?
He's acting like this is a bad thing.
Big studio movies are expensive enough of to rebuild Baghdad and usually aren't worth releasing at all in terms of quality and impact.

Disney at least has a pretty consistent track record of quality which is all that matters in the entertainment industry and how they're practically the only big studio that gets my money atleast once a year.

problem there is that Disney owns the federal government

Why is everyone bitching no one can stop it from happening who gives a fuck.

If Disney buys Fox, does that mean that they can finally release the Star Wars theatricals or not?

Also, does it mean that the 20th Century Fox fanfare will appear before IX?

>Kingdom Hearts 4
>Sora travels to Springfield, Quahog, The Critic New York, Futurama New York, Archer New York, and Arlen Texas,
>Book of Life world, Anastasia World, Rio World, Ice Age World, Ferngully World, Fox 90's Saturday Morning World with EeK, Tick, Beetlejuive, Peter Pan and the Pirates
>Secret hidden Al Bundy and Agent Mulder optional bosses.
>Terry Bradshaw is an optional party member

Fuck

I want to go to Melrose Place and West Beverly Hills High worlds

Avatar , Simpsons rollercoasters in every disneyland parks

Oh no! Companies might release only movies that a lot of people want to see! I'm literally shaking!

t. shill

Just don't see bad movies and see good ones, and they'll make more good movies.