What did you think?

What did you think?

DUDE THE BIBLE LMAO

I don’t know why I even come here

Goodbye

Aronofsky is a talentless artless hack, i doubt this would change my mind.

I saw her asshole

edgy trash. dumb movie. literally brainlet tier.

Thought it was great.
I thoroughly enjoyed the crescendo into madness and despite not really liking Jennifer Lawrence as an actress, she was bearable in this film.
Michelle Pfifer is still making me diamonds.

I'd like to know what the heart in the toilet was meant to represent though.

Sup Forums in 1 thread?!?!?!??!?!?!?

>I'd like to know what the heart in the toilet was meant to represent though

..you're fucking retarded

One of the shittiest flicks I've ever seen

Probably, would you be kind to tell me?

Poor man's Rosemary's Baby with symbolism a five year old could understand. Noah was three times as good.

From where are people parroting this "rosemary's baby" thing? Did RLM say that or something?

>Rosemary's Baby
You're only saying this because of the poster. It has absolutely nothing to do with Rosemary's baby. mother being pregnant was a small portion of the film.

This board is literally borrowed opinions. I'm not really sure why anybody who wants to have an honest decision about television or film would come here. If it's not about memes, Marvel, or Star Wars you may as well just be punching yourself in the head.

>ALLAHU AKBAR ALLAHU AKBAR

What did Aranofsky mean by this?

I actually tortured myself and watched the whole thing until she gets "burned" at the end. An absolute piece of garbage. The director should have burned the movie reel along with the wife.

I like how you actually can't reply or give insight as to what the heart or organ was supposed to represent and yet call others retarded :^)

Anybody who didn't like this movie literally cannot handle the truth

I heard people were fapping to her tits so I decided to see what the hubub was about. I didn't expect for the movie to be that if you know what I mean.

Sounds like you're the one that doesn't belong here and no I haven't even seen it I just get my rocks off shitposting and jacking up people's blood pressure, like yours, clearly.

Why the hell are you even comparing a masterpiece like RB with this shit? Wow.

I knew that scene wasn't going to end well and I still cringed when that neck snapped.

Fucking hell that sound effect was on point.

read the comment before yours

>"How's Angel?"
>"Tainted."
"Check the goyim."

I'm genuinely curious what they meant by this.

I've been coming here on and off since I was a teenager because every once in a while you get a nice discussion, but you're right, I am in the wrong place

Really good. Perfect statement on the nature of people.

If you go frame by frame, you can see the baby's head at this part was CG. Still pretty fucked up part. I think my biggest problem with the movie in general was how fast paced it was towards the end, like, way too rushed in the last act. The first half of the movie should've been trimmed, and the second could've fleshed out the whole people storming into the house better.

Hey some days I want a decent discussion too but this place is cancer and it's more fun to shitpost and razzle newfriends.

>i'm only pretending to be retarded
That's nice, user. You'll go far in life.

You know you're cancer to any discussion, right? I doubt anyone likes you.

I actually like the pace, I think ithe feeling of everything being rushed is on par with how the whole thing feels like a dream.

Then whos a talented artful director?

I'm already rich so...

>dude this place is cancer so its okay to make it worse because its not the fault of me and people like me that it's cancer

In the past? Mizoguchi

Working? Tsukamoto, Malick.

>I only watched the trailer.

I thought the same thing until I actually watched Mother!. I wish people like you would fuck off. You're very stupid.

I liked it.

If you think Sup Forums is ever going to be good again you're mistaken.

>so dude like the man is god, and jlaw is nature, and the house is like the world, and its the history of the world lmao!

>nah m8, jlaw is god, the man is man, the house is the world, and then its history of the world starting with cain and abel lmao

I think he was trying to show you all of these horrors in as short a time as he could. There is no reason to further flesh out the mindless chaos.

>shits all over the place
>see there's shit all over the place there's no fixing it
>keeps shitting all over the place

well cunts like you aren't helping, that's for god damn sure.
So what was that fucking organ in the overflowing toilet?

*Adam and Eve

Human history reads like that too, though. Thousands of years of nothing much then in the last 200 years total fucking insanity.

ed harris and sharon stone were adam and eve

I liked it. It was more interesting than any other film I saw this year.

The part where Javier Bardem sits and waits for JLaw to go to sleep was seriously tense.

>sharon stone
nigga what?

ALL THE OLD BUSTED ONCE-HOT ACTRESSES LOOK ALIKE

Agreed

>implying
Sharon stone ain't got nothing on that

>he thinks its possible to differentiate between grannies

You must be 18 to post on this forum, kiddo.

Friend, its the under 18s that lust after grannies.

I enjoyed it

I enjoyed it a lot
sure the bible imagery is very much in the foreground of things, but looking past that, the spectacle of the film was well executed

And what is wrong with bible imagery, anyway? Holy texts are very interesting

Everyone alive is either tired of it and/or has seen it done better..

so did adam and eve have two sons and one killed the other?

I think the biggest strength the movie has is it's direction. The claustrophobic and POV-like camera choices really helped alleviate the tension and discomfort she was going through. Was also smart to show it all purely from her perspective.
I like in this scene, the color changes from warm yellow at the beginning of the scene with baby, but by the end when he's killed, the color changes to red.
Also, can I just say God is a fucking idiot? If this is who knows the umpth-tenth time he's gone through this scenario, why doesn't he listen to Her more?

Javier wasn't god. Javier was man. She was god.

His whole creation exists because of his narcissism and desire for worship. The love he gets from the crowd is more appealing than the love he gets from her.

Yes. Cain and Abel.

God loved his children
He did not care about her nor his home, only life

YEAH YOUR FARE IS $25

But didn't God banish Adam and Eve from the garden of eden? In the movie, Javier was the one to do that. Also, then how did man impregnate God, instead of the other way around, like the virgin Mary getting Jesus?

Does the sountrack only have Mother or are there other Danzig songs too?

this scene still sticks with me, i mean i knew it was coming but fuck

a Sup Forums thread, the movie

You're kinda going a bit too protestant/catholic, the movies more jewish in how god is not really all that interested in the whole of humanity, mixed with the idea that jesus was the messiah.

Man didn't impregnate god, god made herself pregnant in hopes the messiah would bring her chosen people back to her, make them love her as much as she loves them, backfires, god dies, and man finds a new god to ignore.

he was god/sentience, she was mother nature/the earth/life itself

I studied theology for a bit I thought it was neat symbolism but overly pretentious. It wasn't a big hit for mainstream audiences, but their marketing was good to fool them into thinking it would be a horror movie.

There wasn't nearly enough people projectile shitting all over themselves and others for that

aronofsky has never once even come close to targeting general audiences

god banished them from paradise aka mother nature's home, he brought them into the earth but once she saw how they treated it they were exiled. it's also interesting to think as the virgin mary as the personification of mother nature, bringing jesus into the world as a combo of both god and nature's will aka the ability for man to change in thought that they have for thousands of years

Yet for some reason every other teenager creams over Requiem for a Dream

The idea Paramount tried to advertise this movie to mainstream audiences still baffles me. This is purely a niche arthouse-type movie that only some emotionally-free-thinking people will find enjoyment in studying. Hollywood needs to stop falsely advertising arthouse movies to mainstream viewers, because it will just turn them away from them from being tricked too many times. It's happened twice this year alone. This is why the new Star Wars movie will make bank, but stuff like this, Killing of a Sacred Deer, and Blade Runner will make jack shit.

it was a symbolic retelling of mythos to no illustrative or intriguing end.

it asks no interesting questions and fails to present any compelling or useful ideas. it was cartoonishly pretentious embellishment.

aronofsky seems to think that symbolism, used merely for the sake of being transitive, can be the compelling substance of a work of art in and of itself despite this train wreck of a film proving otherwise.

>teenagers hyping a 2 hour anti-drug PSA

... what planet are you from?

I can't even imagine what type of facile interpretation you'd run with to think that.

>with symbolism a five year old could understand.
this is the main problem with retards who hate the movie
for some reason that kind of people think that if they manage to "understand" the symbolism in a movie, the movie is automatically shit, like the symbolism and themes are some kind of game.
>"aronofsky sucks at making things look subtle"
because wasn't trying to be subtle at all in this movie. the symbolism that people claim to understand it's basically the main plot of the movie, and everyone with a brain knows that.

i don't think the movie is good tho

who was the baby supposed to be?

i thought it was supposed to be jesus since they ate his body, but that wouldn't make sense since the mother is supposed to be earth/nature.

there isn't room for interpretation, it's incredibly on the nose.

if you felt that the film illustrated any interesting takeaways in its use of symbolism, i'm waiting to hear them.

Way to misrepresent.

Obviousness is boring. Several hours of the same obviousness is torture.

See, you say this, but you clearly think javier was god, which is wrong.

I haven't watched it yet

>you clearly think javier was god, which is wrong.
how so?

I think the "trick" was part of the project. There was no other way to get this very anti-humanist message to the average humanist

Since when does "several" mean two? Also, is torture no longer a feeling? Does a "good" film have to make you feel good? Does a movie that makes you feel like you're being tortured make it a "bad" movie?

it's true
Requiem for a Dream is 100% "woah this movie is so fucked up bro"core with teens
specifically if you hang out with druggies, because that's what attracts them to the movie in the first place

The same people that dislike this movie also think Salo was shit

God didn't write the bible. No one has ever referred to god as a poet.

it's totally jesus
she plays double duty as earth/nature and then the virgin Mary because they needed to get a magic baby from somewhere

Don't even bother m8 it's a total wankfest

Or she's playing single duty as god.

If you stop trying to take everything literally 1:1 with the bible it is a lot easier to understand.

I would say it is more influenced by intent of the stories rather than allegorical to the stories themselves.

i'm really not following you. if you can link me to something that explains the view your hinting at here, i'd be happy to read it. is your suggestion that every character is a kind of meta symbol of people who subscribe to religious doctrine? a satire of religious ideology?

>GOD IS EVIL
>HUMANITY IS EVIL
>MOTHER EARTH IS GOOD
>SUBTLE

It fails as a propaganda piece because it offers zero solutions to the problems it claims to point out.

Humanity is damaging the planet. What should we do?
Commit suicide, I guess.

I walked out ot the theatre laughin when he said ''its a boy''

>god is evil

more like god is shortsighted.

also, is every artistic expression that disagrees with you "propaganda", or are just god-related ones?

The "solutions" to the problems it points out come from within the viewer after taking a look in the mirror.
Religion tried to help us. We were given the guidebook to lead a harmonious life with the earth and we decided we wanted more than that. And then we took the book and made amendments where we saw fit and told ourselves that we were still following gods will.

I'm totally okay with all of it, though. We get people like Aronofsky making great art as a result of it all, but people should be aware that there will be a reckoning