Reddit and memey fans BTFO

Reddit and memey fans BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sichuan
youtube.com/watch?v=2DhoBuU1Dtc
mic.com/articles/173425/this-is-the-short-sweet-story-behind-the-lost-mc-donald-s-mulan-szechuan-dipping-sauce#.z2MIIDLQD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Isn't Szechuan an actual region in China?

Ah 2017. The era in which a dipping sauce can be offensive.

Let me guess: the dipping sauce is offensive to Asian people...

Yes, famous for its spicy food
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sichuan

>Clickbait "news" article says you're a meanie raysis if you enjoy Chinese food

Ugh, sorry Rick and Morty™ and McDonald's™ fans! Click that page to give this nobody some more views.

It's more than that. It's a specific style of chinese cooking. And the sauce is vaugely reminicient of it, in the same way that the mcnuggets resemble chicken.

Bitchcake's position is comparable to telling the chinese americans who created chinese chicken salad that they don't get to call it that.

They want to be appointed cultural guardians to determine what the fuck is authentic or not.

I like that this article isn't about whether they could or might bring it back, but if they "should".

This is nothing but a virtue signaling opinion piece.

That's what the article implies, yes.
Adding it to McDonald's products will basically whitewash the sauce.

oh right, inverse
who?

>the doctor was beaten up because he was asian

>Reddit and memey fans BTFO
I am not going to look up the source, but I have a feeling the person who wrote that isn't Asian.

>There are people who are so privileged that they get paid to write articles about why dipping sauce is racist
>These are the same people who claim everyone else is more privileged than them
>Society is actually starting to believe them
We've lived too long, seen too much.

Great, more idiots that claim to "speak for the voiceless minority" decide to ban stuff from others culture because it's "offensive". As far as I'm fucking concerned, most people from different places would love to share their own culture with other places.

They step a little farther into that hole. They admit that Szechuan sauce is a legitimate sauce in Chinese American cooking, which is a legitimate cusine, but then claim that it's a minor hate crime to relate it to Mulan, because Mulan should only be represented by authentic chinese products.

Of course they ignore the fact that it's a fucking Disney movie to begin with, because this is more about peddling outrage for ad dollars than anything else.

She's Filipino-canadian. So that counts as about 1 third asian. She certainly isn't Szechuan enough to read chinese, or speak the language, and no actual chinese people have been found to be offended yet.

I'm pretty sure most Asians don't give a fuck.

They'd care about as much as any other ethnic group cares about the McDonalds menu.

>They admit that Szechuan sauce is a legitimate sauce in Chinese American cooking
This is the kind of people who want to go to Japan to eat authentic California Roll.

history on repeat so soon
hyperallergic.com/223047/the-confused-thinking-behind-the-kimono-protests-at-the-boston-museum-of-fine-arts/

It's not coming back anyways. Disney cut all ties with McDonalds over a decade ago.

>I'm pretty sure most Asians don't give a fuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=2DhoBuU1Dtc

The upcoming Mulan movie is going to be a shitshow whether they rerelease the szechuan sauce or not. Just give me my damn sauce.

McDonalds could probably still re-release it without the Mulan branding, Disney had no hand in making the actual sauce.
Also the creator of the sauce is now the founder of Smashburger so there's a possibility they could find some way to re-create basically the same thing, and probably release it much quicker due to not having to deal with such a massive supply chain.
mic.com/articles/173425/this-is-the-short-sweet-story-behind-the-lost-mc-donald-s-mulan-szechuan-dipping-sauce#.z2MIIDLQD

>She's Filipino-canadian. So that counts as about 1 third asian. She certainly isn't Szechuan enough to read chinese, or speak the language, and no actual chinese people have been found to be offended yet.
It is basically a fact that most of the "inauthentic" Chinese food were invented by Asian chefs. They may or may not be Chinese, but they certainly care more about making money selling food than to worry about cultural respect.

In any case, the ACTUAL Szechuan style cooking is far too spicy for the type of people Mcdonalds sell their food to.

Why can Asian's not differentiate Asian nationalist and Asian Americans?

They are two separate things. You can't "white wash" an Asian American. Being American is a part of their nationality.

but black people love spicy stuff

>We interviewed the ugliest motherfuckers in Tokyo to get their thoughts on this issue.

You know I'll kinda give it to these people when they talk about oppression against black people or middle eastern people

But Asians rule half the fucking world and are the majority population of the planet

70 years ago Japan managed to conquer the fucking Pacific and China's trying to do it on the down low every day

Asians don't need any fucking help

also spics
it's in their racial slur
indians too

you know? pretty much everyone but white people love spicy stuff

Gas the ABCs

t. Mainlander