Why is this not canon???

She is best girl

and it also would have made much more sense for scott to end up with her rather than ramona it's a much better into his character arc

That would make no fucking sense at all.

>it's a much better into his character arc
No its not you missed the entire fucking point of the book.

Did you actually read the whole thing? Scot was anything but a good partner and Knives eventually wizened up and grew out of him. She got the best ending, and it sure as fuck wouldn't have been better for Scot's character arc if he had stayed.

You don't have to be in a relationship to be happy, and you shouldn't use relationships to cover for your own problems.

Are you just saying this because you see yourself as Scott and waifued Knives?

The best ending would have been Kim and Knives hooking up forever.

Everytime I see a Scott Pilgrim thread a lot of people talk about how much they related to him.

Am I missing something? I just fuckin ghated his guts from the get go because he's justifiably self absorbed ass who kept lucking into shit.

Eventually he sort of became self aware about it but didn't really fix anything other than acknowledging it.

because scott is a terrible person

That was a ending in the game desu

They did the Knives ending with test audiences for the movie and they hated it. So he changed the final ending before it went to print.

I related to him as I WAS a asshat during that age!

>the game
Don't remind me of how it'll never get a PC port.

I feel like maybe you've only seen the movie.

Scott is relatable aside from his charachter flaws to people who were going through the same rough patch in life he was at the start of the book. The series is about him addressing his flaws instead of running from them (which is why he's better off with Ramona). I didn't even notice how bad of a person he was till towards the end. You're not missing anything, you're just well-adjusted.

>you're just well-adjusted.
Honestly at that point in my life I was a depressed fuck trying to find a reason not to kill myself.

So you were well-adjusted

I really really really really really want a Scott Pilgrim animated series

>They did the Knives ending with test audiences for the movie and they hated it

not true, they changed the ending to make it like the comic that was still being made

>i still haven't hooked up with a girl as good as knives

why live?

>its much better into his character arc
it defeats the entire purpose of his character arc
in fact it pushes it more in the wrong direction

this was supposed to be the ending for the movie and the comic and then they changed it ramona fucks scotts character arc how is scott at the end any different from scott at the end of volume 3

O'Malley is a hack

Literally what the fuck are you trying to say, use punctuation you ape.

scott's character arc is him realizing he is a asshole and that he needs to be better ramona in no way helps this in fact she allows he to be an asshole because she in no way challenges him to be better

>and the comic
Why you gotta tell lies?

its not my fault you cant fuckin read and ramona fucks scott's character arc by not making him a better person like how Knives would have

Ahahahaha what? Did you actually read the comic? Knives was a fucking pushover dude. She was obsessed with Scot because she was blind to how immature he really was, she constantly made excuses for him even after she realized he cheated, and she hurt others in a desperate attempt to get back with him.

Knives wouldn't have made Scot better, Scot would've made her worse.

it's called leading by example

What are you even talking about? Who would be leading who?

Scot was/is a useless prick, and if you think Knives was doing any sort of "leading" in their relationship you really need to re-read the comic.

are you fuckin stupid she will show him how to be a good person by being a good person

The whole point is that Scot makes her a bad person you retard. She wasn't being a good person at any point during her obsession phase, she went from being a doormat and an enabler to a manipulator and a poser just like him.

Her entire arc revolves around her being unable to transition into being a well adjusted adult until she learns to get over Scot. Seriously how did you miss this? Were you distracted by the pretty pictures or are you just trolling?

Knives is young and naive(in a good way). Ramona might not be best girl, but she and Scott are a perfect match.

I still don't know the purpose of this character

yes then he would see that he ruined her and he would be compelled to be better he is an asshole not heartless

The purpose of Lisa was to be second best girl after Kim.

Test Scott's loyalty/integrity. He dropped Knives for Ramona, this was to show that he isn't going to just move onto the next girl he can find if he's genuinely in a relationship he sees going somewhere.

top-notch taste you have there user

"...It changed for something we're all happy with," he added. "The original ending, when we had test screenings, it would kind of divide people. Over that kind of process, Bryan changed the endings of the books and I was aware that the ending we had wasn't quite as satisfying as it should be, so we had the chance -- and Universal were totally behind the idea -- of shooting something new. When we screened it again, the scores went hugely up."

Direct quote from Wright saying they used the test screen process to change the comic ending and thus the film ending