What's happening to people's imagination? why is everything so dull

what's happening to people's imagination? why is everything so dull

Why take risks when the studios can just make the same movie over and over again(MCU) and make a 1billion bucks everytime?

Ask a kike about it.

overrated trash

imagination doesn't sell anymore, only nostalgia and quips make you money now.

This.

I watched guardians of the galaxy 2 recently and literally 90% of all the dialogue was quips

everything has to be "funny" now, even if it's not a comedy movie.

too many jews being way too jewy

redditspacing contrarian

we are becoming a society that is scared to death of risk. everything needs to be pure, perfect, and guaranteed.

Western media in general has an obsession with realism and grounding everything in reality.

It's ironic because back in the early 00s all of you contrarians were complaining about the fact that every movie was grimdark and there was a lack of color and fun.

Read a quote a couple months ago by some critic, it went like "all the smart people left movies for tv now" or something along those lines.
Whether its true or not isnt important, but i appreciated how it taught me to just look at societys media culture and see where the truly innovative energy is going to. That same heat is certainly not in movies anymore.
IMHO I feel it is flickering around. The internet dispersed it. It may be because of the death of idols and the lowered attention span thanks to web use, but I feel like smart peoples endeavors are hard to notice because theyre so small now and drowned out. Everybody is making content these days but a lot of it is just going thru the motions.
Once people get over this era of "creativity worship" then we can see the real artists again.

>What are Raimi's Spider-Man films
Underage

Both of my parents work in media and mom is close friends with, and I say this unironically as a Jew myself, some of Hollywood's top Jewish families.

My dad was an idealistic film major who wanted to make art. He's now in middle management. I've asked both of them about the absolute state of modern cinema. This is a composite of their answers:

1) Test audiences are heavily relied upon for almost all important plot decisions, especially endings. If audience's are unsatisfied by endings they will tell 10+ people, severely hurting a movie's box office returns.

2) The non-Japanese Asian market has absolutely no taste or appreciation for nuance. They also don't enjoy drama, all movies must be relatively humorous now.

3) People WILL bring their kids to R rated movies no matter what the MPAA etc fucking tell them, so studios are very hesitant to be transgressive in any major release regardless of what rating it gets, for fear of backlash.

4) The auteur is dead. "The director is an interchangeable part" has become something of a mantra throughout Hollywood.

5) Letting directors direct screenplays they wrote/co-wrote and vice/versa is seen as a negative because it makes them hard to replace. After the failure of "Hail, Caesar!" even the Coen Brothers are in hot water and the word is no studio will allow them to work on anything unless they sign a contract giving the execs strict editorial control.

6) Viewers with sophisticated tastes are more likely to engage in piracy. Studios are intentionally playing to audiences too dumb to pirate movies. Even better if they are so milquetoast they still buy physical media.

7) A lot of the guys willing to fund original films are currently caught up in sex scandals, some public, some unfolding privately. Turns out the same power that let you get an art film made was also the sort of power you could use to coerce sex.

I will hang around in this thread to answer questions and can also ask my parents some if you guys want.

>"all the smart people left movies for tv now"
Not with the trash writing it has nowadays. I mean it never was that great, but it's embarrassingly bad now and attracts the same crowd that capeshit and nuwars do.

10/10 post, more people need to see this. No particular questions but what else can your parents / you tell us about the film industry nowadays? What's it like for people in their jobs?

Well, you've seen more stuff now than you had seen years ago. Therefore you're proportionally less likely to find something original or imaginative

Also, how do modern blockbusters like Thor 3, Justice League, and Last Jedi get "written"?

>overrated

I'd agree it's slightly overrated because i much prefer Nausicaa or Princess Mononoke, but "trash" ?

Nothing. It's still going strong. Watch more than Hollywood blockbusters.

A small group of people are assigned to get to know the source material well and write a "bible" for the other writers to work from. This is important because the other writers, and it's a pool of 15-50 people depending on the production, know nothing about the franchise/IP. They are usually young and working for cheap, and they fill quotas. A big release, especially a Disney backed one, has to have x number of non-white, female, disabled, LGBT, immigrant, etc. writers. This isn't some dark secret/conspiracy theory because quotas like this are entirely legal in California. Also very few of the writers that start make it to the end. The hours combined with office politics and backstabbing mean most of them quit or are forced out. The pool of writers bounce their ideas off a few top men, usually the writers that actually get credited with the screenplay, and several scripts are hacked together. Enough material is shot for all of these scripts which are quite similar expect for certain key points.

Usually one of the script is extremely "safe" - guaranteed to play well with test audiences, and they get progressively more "out-there." Rough cuts are made reflecting each script and put before execs and test audiences. Whichever one wins with both gets polished and makes it to theaters.

1) There was a post above yours that was mentionning all "smart" people going from Movies to TV. I think we can safely say that Test Audience are massively used for TV shows as well (with people pressing buttons to express how they are at any moment, just like we saw in test audience watching presidential debates last election cycle).

2) Fuck India

3) /

4) JJ is the prime exemple of this. That's also why they all become Yes-men.

5) How did Hail, Caesar! fail ? Budget 22M, gross 62M, good critics ? Wasn't a great success but still...

6) The kind of truth that hurts...

7) /

So if i had a question : do you think the jews should be exterminated or are the dumb audiences to blame for all this ?

>Alot of the guys willing to fund original films are currently caught up in sex scandals

Weinstein only ever made Oscarbait trash

>it's the audience's fault, not ours!

Fuck you

>Fuck you

You just can't pretend dumb audience aren't part of the problem. See what recently happened with Blade Runner 2049.

God that's depressing.

>Wasn't a great success but still...
A lot more was expected of it given the Coen brother's reputation and the cast. I think it is unfair to call it a failure too but inside the industry it is considered one sadly.

Dumb audiences and especially the global dumbass market are largely to blame. Jews oversaw the production of/made themselves plenty of good movies over the years.

So then how do new movies get decided on to be made? Do they come up with lists of potential movies and screen those with focus groups? Who thought a Jumanji reboot was a good idea? How does Marvel decide which superheroes get films in 2026/whatever?

you know, if arthouse made the big bucks the jews would make arthouse. It's just the laws of statistics that make mediocre, churned-out flicks most profitable, because most people are average. Profitable movies select for themselves, as the people and studios willing to make them see more success and thus ability to make more of them.

>You just can't pretend dumb audience aren't part of the problem.

>Popularize (((schlock))) for decades dumbing down the general populace milking them without conscience for decades, using their lowered collective intellect to sell more and more
>blame the audience
Its like blaming someone you got addicted to meth for being a lowlife. Hitler was right.

This. The formulas are working. Why take a risk?

Bernays worked for big companies and American government. He definitely didn't mean modern-day liberal Jews.

Wall Street style "quants" (quantitative analysts) are employed to generate the slates that execs choose from based on factors such as
-Do we own the IP? If not, what would it cost to acquire it?
-How aware is the public of the IP?
-If the public is unaware, how much would it cost to educate them about it/market the film?
-What percentage of the US audience would attend? The global audience?
-What is likely loss from piracy?
-Would A-list actors be needed to carry the film? How much does that cost?

etc. etc.

Focus groups are used to determine some of the inputs into the financial model, which is heavily skewed toward any existing IP, regardless of how shitty it is.

You see, when the public is already aware of an IP, all of the marketing budget can be spent hyping up the film, instead of explaining it to people. Trailers can be shorter and punchier, etc.

movies can still be colourful and fun without quips you know

>modern day liberal Jews
Like major Democrat donor Harvey Weinstein? Produced Fruitvale Station and Michael Moore movies Harvey Weinstein? Or Rob "raise your kids on our morals" Iger? Or "hey kids emulate everything on MTV" Sumner Redstone?

Quips are as old as cinema itself.

Films do exert an influence on people's minds, and he's an example of a well-known influential Jew with a puppetmastery mindset. Even if he didn't mean (((them))) it's still fitting.
Also I imagine the executives that coldly calculate what movie will make the most profit with the least risk are similar to the execs that do the same in other industries, which he did work with.

>imagine the executives that coldly calculate what movie will make the most profit with the least risk are similar to the execs that do the same in other industries
They totally do that and a lot of them are Jews, I can attest to that, see However there are plenty of industries virtually devoid of Jews, such as the petroleum industry, that are equally ruthless.

>why is everything so dull
because everything has to be "realistic" nowadays.

The petroleum industry actually serves a purpose and hasn't been "dumbing down" the general populace. Terrible comparison.
This. If you are unaware that it is the Jews are the ones causing the receding intellectual state of America then you're either blind or not looking at the obvious information.
Take TLC for example, after being purchased by The Discovery Channel, ran by jew CEO David Zaslav, the programming went to shit and became increasingly dumbed down.

don't forget the chinks

>dumb audiences
this. they wouldnt produce garbage if audiences didnt eat it up

B E C A U S E Y O U A R E T O L D H O W T O T H I N K A N D Y O U W I L L F U L L Y O B E Y

>blaming audiences
You're putting your cart before the horse friend. Audiences are being dumbed down by what they watch. They're the frog being boiled by the slowly increasing temperature of the water. All that needs to be done is the removal of the (((people))) who keep forcing the infantile garbage out there yearly.

Jews aren't the only problem

Look at Hitler, Stalin and Mao for a retarded populace that still couldn't feed it's self after Jews were removed.

Look at Africa from century 1BC

The problem the world faces is too many billions of low IQ brainlets populate it that need to be sheparded like the sheep they are.

Capitalism, but you refuse to accept it.