>Everything is round
>Noodle arms or really thick and chunky arms
>Not pictured: 99% of all other modern cartoons
I'm sick of this disgusting style.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rZ90_kQaavg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You have fucking shittatse. I think they look great

Yeah, I have shit taste for not wanting my cartoons to all look exactly the same.

Yeah, that's...probably not gonna happen.

Cartoons that can be made on the cheap make producers happy and the cheaper they could manage, the better.

It only gets worse OP.

GF looks fine.

SU is saved by the incredible color and lighting treatment that goes to every scene.

I agree with the rest.

When did this Bronze Age of cartoons start, Sup Forums?

Its because of adventure time

> soft colors

>Samurai Jack huge success
>going to make an original series after this season
>invader zim movie coming out soon
>creator almost guaranteed to get an offer by adult swim to make "Jonnie the suicidel maniac"

There is at least the potential for a renaissance

Someday everything will be fixed and everything will be like this again.

>SU is saved by the incredible color and lighting treatment that goes to every scene.
wut, that happens like once every blue moon

2019-2021. Cartoon aesthetics always seem to change drastically at the end of a decade.

>uno-tone crayon box colors
I don't think so.

>It's a famicom episode

Cartoons have always looked similar to each other because the companies all use the best available methods.

For a while the best method was hand drawn by skilled artists. Then the best method was asian sweatshops
now the best method is korean digital animation sweatshops
The generic modern Calarts cartoon look just just a natural side effect of the methods. And always remember, a lot of cartoons are made in the same factories by the same workers. It's no wonder two cartoons look similar when the same korean subcontractor is pumping the shit out

No, far from it, it's a Jerry Beck episode.

Star Wars Rebels, Teen Titans GO, Friendship is Magic, Bunnicula, Miraculous Ladybug, Tangled, The Loud House, and a bunch of other cartoons all stray away from those things, and Sup Forums's opinion on them ranges from ambivalence to disgust.

The cartoons you posted are not representative of cartoons as a whole. 90% of them are from the same channel. What's more, half of them are pilots which are never ever going to get picked up. And God knows there are some good pilots out there.

Am I correct in believing that image is a joke?

Not only that Rough Draft has A/C, they also pay 21,000 won a hour, not slave labor by any means.

Also, we need to fire Korea.

That picture is not a joke.

Doh, you said the thing

What wrong about Jerry Beck, he is one of the best animation historians in the industry.

If I had to take a guess I'd say we're about to see more cartoons that had the "squiggly" line style like Home Movies or EE&E. It looks better animated than the fuckin' smooth curves and you can get away with more shit.

Also expect to see a kids show about music or art with actual gay characters in the leads in like five years.

Trust me I work for my dad Nintendolodeon.

What wrong about Jerry Beck? He is one of the best animation historians in the industry.

Old fuckers coming back counts as a renaissance tho?

The generation where SJ & IZ came from is the same that inspired the current "shitty generation", why would anything be different now?

But its premise is a complete joke. Perhaps there is another word for this kind of jokes

Please tell me this isn't getting picked up

This IS the revolution. Animation was in an even worse state right before this. Thank god Flash Animation has mostly been phased out.

What so bad about flash animation? Sincerely asking, I picked up cartoons just last year.

It's not.
The thing is that we want Japan back.

SU doesnt really look like any of thr others. Though I see ur point

Flash animation encourages rotating, sliding, and resizing over drawing new frames. It's vector art so the colors are always flat blocks of a single color. The best you can hope for in terms of detailed art with subtle colors is static backgrounds. It's also very easy to reuse assets forever without redoing them with flash.

I dunno, there has to be more to it than JUST Adventure Time...

flapjack and chowder from around 2007 i believe.

Coming to CN in 2018.

Hey man it beats fucking Canadian anima-
oh god dammit!!!

Unfortunately Japan barely makes any cartoon.

The sweatshop Koreans animate based on the storyboards that get sent over there.
It's still up to the storyboarders to give the characters noodle arms and the like.

nah, superjail used flash I think..

(they just relied on redrawing each frame)

Give up. If you don't like cookie-cutter character design, horrible color and shading direction, and plots pulled straight from ledit and tumblr, you have to take the anime pill.

harvey beaks is one example of this style done well. OtGW is also has a great style.

>fanservice in shows where it doesn't belong
>only high-school girls or old crones, no women
>inconsistent tone
Plots are quite varied though, I'll give it that. But the shit-to-decent ratio is awful. Also
>cookie-cutter character design