What was the point of this character?

What was the point of this character?

The point was they clearly had no plan for this trilogy.

He changed the saga forever

THE SEQUEL PLAN I JUST FILED WITH THE MOUSE LISTS REY, LEIA, FINN THE STORMTROOPER HERE
>looks at Kylo and Snoke
BUT ONLY ONE OF YOU
FIRST ONE TO TALK GETS TO STAY IN THE TRILOGY

Andy Circus lmao

>Is a dark sith lord or whatever you call it
>wears a cheap grandma sweater.

This, even admitted by them. Snoke is a cgi old man because they didn't even settle on what the fuck Snoke WAS until like a few weeks before TFA released. He was even a woman for a while. Theres no fuckin plan at all.

To give autists something to speculate about for two years.

>What was the point of this character?
To sell toys. A shame we had no scene of Snoke showing how powerful he is by ripping apart enemies. Imagine a scene of him on the battlefield tearing apart soldiers as they bleed out and scream in pain... oh right this is Disney so we can't have that

even JJ doesn't know and he made him

real answer: he plays the role the emperor did, as they were rehashing elements of the old trilogy before people said it was too much ripping off

More like this is star wars you fucking weirdo. It's for children.

>It's for children.

You're a strongarmed theater.

What was his name again?

If you think anything in Star Wars is adult, even the barely pg-13 ROTS, you might be a little bit of a manchild user.

some evil guy with no back story

I LOVE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD

So basically sheev before the prequels

Let me guess you equate mature taste with titties and hbo.

to piss of every fucking autist who spent two years making up retarded theories about a character that was clearly irrelevant from the beginning

Hell come back

It seems like they're still covering up their tracks with every movie. TFA wanted to erase the prequels, and it seems TLJ still has this vendetta. They even add the lines (added excuses) of how Kylo was able to lose to Rey, but only because it was such a big deal online.

For Kylo to kill his evil master, something Darth Vader couldn't do for decades. Kylo has surpassed his grandfather by doing that and become the Supreme Leader, while Darth Vader never became emperor.

my fav part wus when kyle ren cut snake in half with the lifesaber

What if Sheev just never explained the rule of two thing to Vader and figured he'd skip being killed by his apprentice?

Hello disney shill

Yeah surely they thought that far ahead

In Lords of the Sith which was right after the end of the prequels and one of the first new canon novels Darth Vader spends half the time thinking of killing Darth Sidious. Darth Vader knew the rule of two but couldn't kill him which adds to his tragedy.

BRAVO JJ

I'm pretty sure Sidious made sure Vader's suit was super vulnerable to Force lightning. Vader also was completely crippled. An uncrippled Anakin who'd completed his training would have been more powerful than Sidious.

FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

For Hasbro to sell toys duh

George is a twisted retard and his level of control let him get away with some shit for other concessions.
He probably got his crispy kidslayer for the cost of cartoon clone-trooper adventures

this image

Obviously. Luke as well. It's painful how stupid people are.

Yes, that's why his story is tragic. He could've been more and done more. But his story has ended and his grandson is now the one who matters, and Kylo has surpassed him in every way.

fbpb

I can imagine him just saying "BOI" in this picture.

Like a lot of things in nu-wars, he's a bigger, flashier version of something from the OT, in this case Emperor Palpatine. For everybody complaining about Snoke's backstory not being explained, remember that Sheev's backstory was never explained in the OT. Just like Snoke, Sheev was killed off in ROTJ with no explanation for why he looked like he did, or how he came to rule the empire. We learned nothing about Sheev until the prequals, and I'm sure there will be some movie down the road explaining who Snoke is. The real problem with Snoke is that, like so much of nu-wars, he's an attempt to make a bigger, badder version of the OT.

the point is that his head has a weird shape so that you can make unique toys out of the character. thats all there is to it

Was objectively great, as always. His voice and presence was incredible.

If I were a dark lord of the sith I'd wear the comfiest sweater 24/7 and I'd force choke anyone that gave me shit for it.

They should have just made him Palpatine. Sheev, being an ultra-powerful sith lord, is one of the few characters who could have actually survived the destruction of the death star.

The truth is Reylo, fan girls don't care for Snoke, they want to "save" Kylo

It actually might not be a bad idea to double down & focus on Kylo, but throwing out Snoke is a bad fuck you to the fans

He looks like Lucifer from SMTIV

The emperor looking like he did never needed an explanation, and the explanation we got in ROTS was retarded beyond belief.

It doesn't need explaining because one look at him and you know he's as much of a personification of the dark side as possible, like yoda is as much of a personification of the light side as possible.
Of fucking course being "good" leads one to be a wizened sage, hundreds of years old, and of fucking course being "evil" leads one to be a horrible, decrepit old shit.

Snoke on the other hand has really specific injuries and slippers and dress etc. etc. etc.
Now, ideally, this would indicate that some writier has a specific idea they want to convey about the charater, a way to communicate something about the character to the audience.
In this case however it very obviously is because the mouse wants to sell those gay as fuck "the art of" books, because there simply is no backstory.

you know you could've have as rey being a force vampire that steal force abilities and that's how she learned all after his encounter with kylo

>villain literally looks like a white penis

After seeing the scene where the codebreaker shows how the arms dealers sell weapons to both sides of the war.

My theory for the origin of the TFO is:

>capitalists were unhappy about the peace brought by the new republic, because they couldn't make as much money selling weapons anymore
>they funded the first order as a form of investment to stir up a huge war so they could sell weapons

As stupid as I think it is, it's perfectly in line with what Lucas wanted to say in the prequels - war as a vehicle for eebil capitalist to make money.

As for where Snoke fits in all this I suspect he was at least partially created by the capitalists as well. Not sure how, but I suspect they did something like acquire Palpatine's DNA and clone him to make sure they have a force-sensitive puppet to do their bidding. (Kind of like a reverse Palpatine. Pottery.) He may also be just some random force-sensitive they adopted and turned into their vassal by promising him vast power.

Probably in the last movie the TFO and remaining Resistance both realize the ruse and unite against the capitalists who have some new army to defend their interests, or maybe it's just the TFO splitting into two and the TFO turncoats allying with the resistance against the TFO loyalists.

Bruh, if your penis really does look like that, go to see a doctor immediately