The Force Awakens plays it too safe!

>The Force Awakens plays it too safe!
>The Last Jedi took too many risks!

You guys will never be satisfied.

Lol you privileged soyboys complain about everything.

Both movies are for gay babies.

Theres a diference between taking risks and destroying the big bad guy without showing him make any noteworthy, maul killed quigon and dooku defeated anakin and obiwan

Well the truth is, TFA hurt their man baby feelings so much that they decided to not like this movie 2 years ago.

>This porridge is too hot!
>This porridge is too cold!

oh wow may b there is sumthin in between???

You have space between copy/pasting script and shitting on every rules

this was always going to be the case. Autists will never be pleased.

No one is saying that. The only time I ever see those claims is from Mouse loving retards pretending to paraphrase fan opinion.
Basically -- Who the fuck are you quoting?

TLJ

DIDN'T

take any risks. The two risks that it did take, were so glaring and stupid.

WAAAAAAHHH PEOPLE DIDNT LIKE THE SHITTY MOVIE I ENJOYED CUZ IM A PLEB

You're a fucking Marxist faggot too, I can tell.

>i'll just pretend i like the movie
You really think that's a good idea?

>Subverting expectations at the expense of plot
A hack is a hack.

Being safe or risky is no defense against being shit.

Surely Disney can pay you to come up with a better argument than the one you posted, it's shallower than the movies.

>leia flys
Why even have this? Did they want to show she had a connection with the force? This is the most idiotic way to showcase that.

>yoda destroys sacred Jedi text.
His last words to Luke where to pass down what he learned. Now what? Just burn it all? Also why the fuck did they revert back to puppet!? At least animate his fucking mouth.

>Luke tries to kill Kylo based off a hunch that he is evil.
lemme get this straight. The writers of TLJ thought to themselves,"Luke's the kinda guy that would kill a student given the slightest sign of dark side Temptations" WTF!? Luke. The same guy that wouldn't strike down darth fucking Vader. Decided to attack a student. because he might be evil.

centrists need to be shot

making terrible decisions is not the same as "le taking risks"
it's a fucking stupid mess and you should kys

>it took too many risks
>generic mouse shit made to please everyone and generate huge profit
>risk taking
lol ok buddy epic opinion u got there

>fuck they did something different how can I criticize it now?
>okay lets just call it shit

as if thats the complaint
snoke dies btw

>Yoda destroys sacred Jedi text
Apart from the fact that those books were stolen by Rey and were on the Millennium Falcon at the end of the film and he was just trying to stop Luke from being whiny.

>Marxist
>liking this recycled, capitalist, dog shit, spectacle of a film
Kill yourself.

How about making something original WITHOUT completely ruining the character of Luke?

All I need.

Who the fuck thinks TLJ took big risks?

>hurr it's totally unrealistic that as someone grows up they would become disillusioned and bitter.

Agree

I choose to shower in scalding water because I hate the cold and don't want to be a centrist either.

>gif
>current year
the fugg

"slightest sign of dark side" my ass, he clearly said he sensed kylo was way past the point of no return. That said Luke wouldn't ever do that anyway

Said no one here never.

> too many risks!
I don't mind that it took risks, problem is, all the "risks" it took were wrong and for the worse.

>Play it safe
>The Force Awakens is a blow for blow scene for scene remake of Episode IV
>Take risks
>The Last Jedi is an incoherent mess, Guardians of the Galaxy but with worse writing and even worse humor
Gee OP how's about they try something sorta new and not make it utter shit?

It's a fucking theater cam rip, a .webm wouldn't improve the quality you fucking idiot

There's a difference between taking risks and setting the entire lore on fire, and using established, beloved characters to fuel it

But it'd provide the same quality for a smaller filesize and all the other conveniences that webm brings.

>leia flies

>all the other conveniences
What conveniences are there other than quality and filesize?
Pausing and slow mo are all I can think of and useless in this instance.

>way past the point of no return.
Vader was meant to be as well

But a gif file DOES degrade the quality, ya fucking idiot. This isn’t /wsg/ so why the fuck would you make it a gif?

>i know exactly who posts what on an anonymous board

all sequel movies will never be good, only OT is worth watching.

>we openely and obviously fucking hate you
>why don't you like our movies faggots?

Are you serious.

Having no backstory to a main villain and killing him off isn't a risk

>takes risks

>kills 50% of the antagonists
>leaves Ginger Hitler and Vader 2 behind
>kills Luke in what feels like an asspull moment
>Leia supermans through space

other than that it just borrows from the OT again

The original trilogy isn’t that good, fucko. New Hope is boring and poorly written, and RotJ is mostly terrible. The Ewoks are fucking gay and Bobo Feet is a fuckwit who got killed by a blind guy with a stick.

>It took a risk by being shit.

Damn right we wont Disney fucking sucks

Same with MCU its all the same kiddy tier safe pg baby shit

it's a flawed movie that makes some dumb decisions but I found it genuinely great

the fact that it subverts the jedi vs sith conflict is easily the best part, basically what kreia wanted
luke isn't even a grey jedi, he's just extremely wise to a point where he sees through the jedi's bullshit and how vain it is of them to try to have a monopoly on the peaceful side of the force, he also sees strength in balance

it's also neat how they show rey tapping into the dark side but with calmness and balance, like when she went to look for answers at the cave or how she uses passion and rage as a source of strength

kylo becoming a full on chaotic evil wild card suits his character perfectly

KoToR user, why do you post so much? Why aren't you fighting people who butchered the EU?

the EU was mostly shit

>Mein Sides Snoke
>SuperLeia
>Astral Milky Childkiller Luke
>ISIS Yoda
>OHOHHOTDOG Asian
>TumblrHairJurassicPark Bitch

Jesus fucking christ

>Mostly shit
>EU Made the empire the objective good guys of the series because you find out they are trying to save everyone.
>The mouse turned them into mustache twirly villains for no reason.
>The vong are gone
>EU was shit
Yeah ok shill.

There were no risks, it was literally a movie full of anime tier filler

>>The mouse turned them into mustache twirly villains for no reason

More like full on Nazi Germany

The risks they took were garbage

It is possible to be somewhere in between without taking a shit on a franchise and calling it masterpiece because between the shit you can see the star wars logo

Killing the EU and trying to reinvent the established lore after 40 years (like that lightsaber crystal bullshit) is where they went wrong

No one ever discusses nulore its always about the old stuff or "Legends".

>>The Last Jedi took too many risks!
Said no one ever

>The Force Awakens is a paint by numbers rehash that played it as safe and pandering as possible in order to ensure they could hook people who still had the prequels in their minds!
>The Last Jedi is simultaneously a rehash as well as an incredibly stupid, bumbling, mismanaged blunder in numerous ways
>not to mention with legitimately terrible writing and the diversity and propaganda quotient amped way, way up even from TFA levels

the problem of both is being too shitty

>This movie smells like shit...?
>Holy shit now this movie is full of bullshit!

You guys hate scat, wtf.

Ah, yes, the classic "let's simplify the criticism to make it sound hypocritical" deal, combined with a bit of "being different means it shouldn't be criticized". Where did you learn that from, Sup Forums?

Absolutely raping the fuck out of the OT is not "taking a risk". It's just completely braindead.

the yuzhan vong were fucking stupid and you know it

and I said the EU was MOSTLY shit, but I'm not denying that there's some genuinely great content in there that expanded the lore and put a different perspective on the conflict (which frankly TLJ also did)

the way you're describing it though is like the EU is a continuous franchise by itself which is definitely not the case, it's literal endless trash sprinkled with some good content

>run the ball 20 times for 21 yards in the first half
>throw the ball 40 times and 3 picks in the second half

>a bloo bloo I want my endless cycle of jedi vs sith! it's established lore!!

This, but unironically

And Maul died after saying two sentences in the entire span of two hours after doing a ballet sequence.

Are you really comparing a character portrayed by a martial artist who's only remembered by autists who copy his ICP facepaint because black and red is "badass" to an actual performance by renowned CGI actor Serkis?

Even phoned in and incredibly vaguely written, it's a little more entertaining than seeing the devil just mumble about revenge and then cut in half down the garbage chute.

>Sup Forums

Those were never the problem, the terrible writing and characterisation was.

They gave me hope with allusion to grey side and getting cut off force

Then took a fat steaming sump on that

If you were attenpting to make some sort of witty political commentary, then you failed. What you described sounds more like a personal problem, I know a great therapist you might like, her name is Takako Minami, she's very old so she might be dead by now but I do recall her being based in the California region. Hopefully not the region that our Lord and savior JESUS CHRIST is currently cleanisng through holy flame. I wish you the best of luck.

>god-awful writing is considered a "risk"

They should have just copied the plot from kung fu panda, with Luke as the mouse and kylo as the tiger.

yeah, Maul was bad guys henchman, not the big bad guy himself

kys disney shill

>because black and red is "badass"
user?

>WHY AREN'T YOU GOYS EVER SATISFIED WITH OUR MONEY GRABBING GARBAGE? JUST BE HAPPY AND GIVE US YOUR SHEKELS REEEEEE

Should have killed Kylo Luke

The Last jedi took no risks either, I have no idea what you're going on about

I enjoyed both of those movies, but practically everyone who saw those films said those words exactly. Hang yourself

There's a difference between taking risks and going full retard. Are all your thoughts in black and white? Is there no in between or middle ground for you?

Movie barely touched "jedi vs sith conflict".
And its answer was "fuck all that shit", let's just ignore everything so we can repeat all these mistakes again in the future.
It's not a commentary on SW-philosophy, just a bad writing.
TLJ wishes it could be 1/100 as good as KOTOR 2.

Rian Johnson made pleb filter. Just look at the state of them in this thread

Clearly didn't read it

Shit writing is shit writing you cuck

>The Force Awakens is safe but has a lot of cool set up
>The Last Jedi shits on it and shits on the previous star wars to be edgy also le jokes xD

Fuck off you master - baiter

>The Last Jedi writing was absolute shite!
>Nuwars sucks

Fixed yo stupid ass

The original file came from fucking tumblr faggot doing all the shit happening yester
The average normalfag doesn't know what a webm is
Also you fucking newfag /wsg/ is mostly webms now
Stop pretending like you've been here for a whiile

>he has to compare the movie to TPM to prop it up

Newsflash - risk does not necessarily mean good.

Killing the main bad guy without showing his backstory or developing his character sure is risky and brave from Disney.