X-Men Blue

So, Cullen Bunn called Hopeless his "mortal enemy".

Is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

I'm pleasantly surprised with how the issue was, especially with KeikakuMags.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/jeff-lemire-final-old-man-logan-arc-wolverine/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he can write anti-heroes and villains really well.

I wish he was on an X-book that didn't have the O5 or wolverine jr.

Bunn's Uncanny run was mediocre and got worse with time. I didn't like this issue much either. Bunn is exactly that, a meh writer, who is better with his own created stuff. And with Hudson's upcoming addition, this title is officially dropped.

Same, but this is honestly the first time I've smiled while reading something with the nu5 in it.

Given how Mags committed suicide by Psylocke and is now going after his old crew using impressionable young brats is gonna be fun.

Also, that previews page has me genuinely excited.

>Bunn is exactly that, a meh writer
I can agree that Uncanny spun its wheels, but that's easily because of the circumstances. His Magneto is anything but "meh", though.

Plus he's like the only (true) Rachelfag to work at Marvel in like forever.

You do realize they're both really good friends, right? Hopeless made Cullen off Cullen Bunn in Avengers Arena.

The continued existence of the O5 proves that he is not /ourguy/. /ourguy/ would defeat editorial and remove the O5

Yes, you do know what memes are, right?

He's had like 3 years of Mags playing the long game.
Bunn is also playing the long game.

Apart from a couple of exceptions, his cape stuff is mediocre to bad. He can write better anti-heroes or villains, but other than that i found Bunn a really boring writer.

I've had to say it a thousand fucking times on Sup Forums :

>Don't judge a comic run before it's finished.

Would anyone who had only read Giant-Sized X-Men #1 have any freakin' clue what the Claremont era would be like?
Think about Morrison's run on day one, Whedon's run on day one, day one of the Bendis occupation ...
There's no telling how this O5 "Blue Period" is going to turn out until it's done.

>not judging Benis's X-Men

W E W
E
W

is it wrong that that I suddenly ship demon Hank & Magik?

Incredibly.

It's like the whole thing was written so Hank wouldn't be a cradle robber

They're doing a whole "History repeats itself" thing with the O5:
Jean's getting the Phoenix soon.
Scott's cracking up and nobody cares enough to notice.
Warren made a stupid bargain to get superwings.
Bobby is jumping from doomed relationship to doomed relationship.
And Hank has once again damned himself to a monstrous form due to experimenting in things any idiot could have told him he shouldn't have.

But Bendis' writing is terrible to the point that no one gives a fuck how it ends. Why are you so retarded?

>Scott's cracking up and nobody cares enough to notice.

>Mags was in love with Rightclops
>wants the next best thing
Based Mags

>His Magneto is anything but "meh", though.
Except, ya know, it WAS. It meandered around and went exactly no where until it was canceled for the Secret Wars relaunch.

And while Sup Forums seems to have praise for his Magneto and Sinistero solos ... does anyone try to defend image related?

>They're doing a whole "History repeats itself" thing with the O5:
Not just he O5 either.
cbr.com/jeff-lemire-final-old-man-logan-arc-wolverine/

Because rehashing Civil War a second time went over SO WELL ...

Magic Demon Beast? Is this a long-game to lead into the Devil Beast from Uncanny X-Men #400?

I'll try.

Mark Brooks covers are incredible.

eyyyah?

Listen, I lived through the '90s, I know what actual bad writing is.
I once read a single comic with 12 artists and the story was about evil birds, it ended with a sitcom-style bad non-joke and group hug.
There was never an explanation as to why the birds were evil.
Bendis writes funny scenes, spot-on characterization, and his storylines have a purpose to them. The end may be disgrace and death for characters you love, but at least there's a reason to buy the next issue.
It used to be so much worse.
Evil bird adventures and pointless punch-fests aren't a reason to buy anything.

Pfft! Please, nobody loves Scott. He will die cold and alone and unnoticed by Hank and Jean who will be gettin' it on over his terrigen-infected dead body.

More like a nod to Morrison's alt-future plans / stealing a good concept.

Bendis?
Spot-on characterization?

How does that explain Iceman?

What a lamentable post.

>Bendis writes funny scenes
That's not how you spell "quips"

>spot-on characterization
Nigger, Bendispeak is literally the character dialog equivalent of an artist with sameFace syndrome!

>and his storylines have a purpose to them
Did you actually READ Civil WarII? Or Battle for the Atom? Or The Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier? Or ... Christ, have you EVER read a comic by Bendy??

>tfw I can't bring myself to hate Benis because of Secret Invasion/Dark Reign/Siege
Bros, help me out.

>Bendispeak
Bendis? The writer Bendis?

Seriously? This is some piss-poor samefagging.
At least say something different in one of the posts.
They're all sporting the same non-argument.
And it's not as if there was this great torrent of posts on this thread of all these opinionated posters before this.
If this isn't all one sad user then it's time some people learned to think for themselves.
Which is even sadder.

(also, "bros, help me out" is kinda an admission of what you're doing)

>This is some piss-poor samefagging.
You know that there's this thing at the bottom of the page that lists the number of unique posters, right kid?

>t. Bendis
Also, one of those posts was basically praise, you nitwit.
Also, for 4 out of 13 posters to be anti-Bendy is hardly bizarre on Sup Forums, go back to your forums, or lurk 2 years before posting.

>So, Cullen Bunn called Hopeless his "mortal enemy".
What, why? When? Where?

>accuses others of samefagging
>after refreshing their IP
C'mon fuccboi

It's a prank bro, but in the the author's message page of Blue #1

Point taken, it really is four irate people without an independent mind among them.
... And my differing opinion isn't welcome.
Seems like "they" each don't want any other opinions around.
Fair enough. Kinda defeats the purpose of Sup Forums, but whatev'.
Well, then you just talk amongst yourself then.

Look, most people like some of your work, Brian, but a lot if it is indefensible shit. And at this point, your writing is well past fucking stale and any redeeming qualities have lost their sheen.

...Oh, This post explains the implication that bendis, morrison or whedon's run were anything beyond mediocre.

It was a terrible issue, that's not how teenager talk