IT'S OFFICIAL!!!

Disney to Buy 21st Century Fox Assets, Including Film Studio; Bob Iger Extends Through 2021

hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-buy-21st-century-fox-assets-including-film-studio-bob-iger-extends-2021-1065347

What did they mean by this?
>Now it's official. The Walt Disney Co. has agreed to acquire big parts of 21st Century Fox in an all-stock deal worth $52.4 billion, or approximately $66.1 billion when including debt, valuing shares of Fox at around $40 apiece while they had traded Wednesday at $32.75.
>In another key news update, Disney said that longtime boss Bob Iger has extended his contract as chairman and CEO through the end of 2021.
>The acquisition is expected to yield "at least" $2 billion in cost savings "from efficiencies realized through the combination of businesses, and to be accretive to earnings before the impact of purchase accounting for the second fiscal year after the close of the transaction," Disney said.
>Asked about opportunities to boost revenue with the deal, Iger said on a call that "we are not getting specific on that," but said using more intellectual property will be a key focus here. Management said the full financial benefits of the deal would become visible by 2021.
>Disney in announcing the deal focused on how "popular entertainment properties" will join the "Disney family," saying: "Combining with Disney are 21st Century Fox’s critically acclaimed film production businesses, including Twentieth Century Fox, Fox Searchlight Pictures and Fox 2000, which together offer diverse and compelling storytelling businesses and are the homes of Avatar, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool, as well as The Grand Budapest Hotel, Hidden Figures, Gone Girl, The Shape of Water and The Martian—and its storied television creative units, Twentieth Century Fox Television, FX Productions and Fox21, which have brought The Americans, This Is Us, Modern Family, The Simpsons and so many more hit TV series to viewers across the globe."

Other urls found in this thread:

thewaltdisneycompany.com/walt-disney-company-acquire-twenty-first-century-fox-inc-spinoff-certain-businesses-52-4-billion-stock-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=pguMUFyJ3_U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

americans make movies, and not films

BASED Murdoch

RIP

>Avatar, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool, as well as The Grand Budapest Hotel, Hidden Figures, Gone Girl, The Shape of Water and The Martian—and its storied television creative units, Twentieth Century Fox Television, FX Productions and Fox21, which have brought The Americans, This Is Us, Modern Family, The Simpsons and so many more hit TV series to viewers across the globe."
oh god burn it all down

Disney remake when?

>the mouse has Anderson
God have mercy on us all...

DR FUCKING DOOM YES YES YES YES YES

Al Bundy as Nick Fury

he tried to save us all from this

This. He will use this warchest to buy out CNN when they are spun off in the ATT/TimeWarner merger.

That's not Karl Marx

>Mickey Mouse movie directed by Wes Anderson
could be nice

Bob (((Iger)))

yes citizen kane, the godfather, 2001, goodfellas are just dumb movies

they're great films made during an era of actual film-making

HOLY FUCKING SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT
>Combining with Disney are 21st Century Fox’s critically acclaimed film production businesses, including Twentieth Century Fox, Fox Searchlight Pictures and Fox 2000, which together offer diverse and compelling storytelling businesses and are the homes of Avatar, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool, as well as The Grand Budapest Hotel, Hidden Figures, Gone Girl, The Shape of Water and The Martian—and its storied television creative units, Twentieth Century Fox Television, FX Productions and Fox21, which have brought The Americans, This Is Us, Modern Family, The Simpsons and so many more hit TV series to viewers across the globe. Disney will also acquire FX Networks, National Geographic Partners, Fox Sports Regional Networks, Fox Networks Group International, Star India and Fox’s interests in Hulu, Sky plc, Tata Sky and Endemol Shine Group.

Now that Disney has Avatar what is the point of the "X days until Avatar" threads?

I hope Cameron plugs out Avatar from Fox and runs away making his own studio. Can he do it?

I don't know, how do distribution deals and the like work? They can't just cancel them I'd assume

Who cares?

Isn't this a monopoly or some shit like that? Wasn't it illegal?

antitrust when?

Fox does not fully own Avatar, which is the reason why there is so few merchandising

>The Boards of Directors of Disney and 21st Century Fox have approved the transaction, which is subject to shareholder approval by 21st Century Fox and Disney shareholders, clearance under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act, a number of other non-United States merger and other regulatory reviews, and other customary closing conditions.

thewaltdisneycompany.com/walt-disney-company-acquire-twenty-first-century-fox-inc-spinoff-certain-businesses-52-4-billion-stock-2/

>Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act
fucking hell. thanks OForda

Why do all rich fags wear navy suits ?

IS this the uniform of the elite ?

Say goodbye to kino.

So do they own buffy and xfiles?

>star wars will have the 20th century fox fanfare at the beginning again
The only good thing about this deal

I like how Disney shill keep talking about the Fox fanfare as if anybody cared and carefully ingnore the fact that Disney is an evil company that only makes awful reboots of the IP they acquired. Now they're having a quasi monopoly on Hollywood as if Capeshit and nu-wars wasn't bad enough. I bet the Alien vs predator movies will look like art compared to what they're gonna shit every single year.

I guess having no anti-monopoly laws is still great thing

It's nice how you've missed the "only good thing about this deal" part

This is before the merger
AntiTrust laws are a thing faggot and anti-monopoly laws can't be placed here unless the gubmint wants a piece of the cake.
see USA vs Microsoft
Public Acquiral of private property is statism at its finest and needs to be discouraged. Oligopolies need to be dismantles and the first thing that needs to go is the FED,

So do they own fox channel? if not what happens to fox tv shows?

>Isn't this a monopoly or some shit like that? Wasn't it illegal?
Not under Trump. Its more of an oligopoly.

trump admin is fighting the at&t time warner merger

Only because Time Warner owns CNN and Trump doesn't like CNN.

I wasn't talking about your specific ocmment user, but I heard so many fags happy about that fanfare thing, it's like even Disney didn't have anything to hype up ppl about this deal, the fanfare is the only thing that they can present as positive.

all reddit trash

Oh God, they're going to make a sequel to The Martian aren't they?

Fuck me,will we ever get rid of fucking capeshit?Jesus the future of movies looks really dark

The Godfather is a dirty cum rag used as the centerpiece of a circlejerk and nothing more

Fox and FX are Disney now, Fox News, Fox Sports, and Fox Business are what's Fox to my understanding.

Oops I meant

goodbye, they alone made Fox the best of the major studios

And Nat Geo and SKY.

I don't care about Fox, but I'm sad about the X-men cinematic universe. I want it to stay separate. Marvel is shit, DC is shit, both only work with the same formula. X-Men was always different and made some actual kino unlike those two.

>Mary Poppins Returns
>Returns
Are they for real?

>Nat Geo
Interdasting...

Movies will now be cookie cutter until the end of time

That's 21 high-profile movies over three years, and this was BEFORE the merger.
Thor - 800mil
Coco - 400mil
TLJ - 800mil+ easy

They're already at 2Bn+ before the year ends. now they have fox.

rlly make syou think

Are we getting a Gone Girl sequel?

I hope there’s plenty of quips and a bland score by Trent Reznor

DCU is fucking dead now, can't wait for Disney to buy Sony too.

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=pguMUFyJ3_U

One year till the deal takes place, come on Fox quickly greenlight Master and Commander 2, it will be disney's problem when it flops

Oh, fuck. They have Avatar?

It's over. This is our future.

A full-feature 2D Wes Anderson flick would be magical.

Dark navy or charcoal are really the only appropriate colors in a professional setting. Unless you're tech, an actual entertainer, or a woman.

>Master and Commander 2
Any news or is that wishful thinking?

Fox sounds like its still a hit maker. While Disney can't help itself from shitting up the properties they gobble up.

>won't get szechuan sauce until 2019

>boss Bob Iger has extended his contract as chairman and CEO through the end of 2021
?????????????

The netflick Marvel shows are more adult and dark than Logan.

I don't see the logic here.

They're also all uniformly shit except for DDS1
And logan is shit, too

Piece of shit Disney.
We need to destroy this evil company of shit!!

>FX Productions
>Disney is going to replace Nick Fury with archer
You have one job Disney!

Disney execs deserve to be lined up and shot

They will probably just pay the bullets a few million to turn around.

I fucking hate disney.

I am now concerned this will be cancelled

>cancelling shows, especially sci-fi

That was more Fox's bag.

How much more PC will films be from now on?

Fuck I forgot about Almost Human. Although Fox loves MacFarlane so I assumed they'd give Orville more leeway than most scifi shows. It took them 4 seasons to cancel the Cleveland show. I'm now concerned MacFarlane won't jive with family friendly Disney

The first thing that needs to go is copyright laws

Yeah, there are a couple of FX shows that may not make the cut (e.g. Always Sunny, Louie, The Mick, etc.). Hopefully they give the channels/studios some independence.

heh

I thought Louis was already on the way out because he liked making women watch him masturbate

Basically, navy is a colour that looks good on most guys and doesn't draw too much attention.

>This time we lost Matt Damon
>ON THE SUN

>do you want to see my penis?
I doubt it will even be a thing in about four months. It's not like Weinstein or Cosby. They're deservedly fucked forever.

What kind of absolute fucking retard gives a shit about any of these?

Isn't it becoming kind of monopoly corporation?

Who cares about monopoly over entertainment? It's not s a utility company, it produces movies for brainlets

The barriers to entry for movie-making are monetary only, and the service provided is in no way essential

Who gives a fuck

So netflix is fucked

there is no hope anymore

i hate disney
i hate them so goddman much

there goes my Legion FX show and Gotham, the only tv capeshit I ever tried and somewhat liked

and the rest of FOX will be raped

So that's perma Sky Cinema Disney confirmed then.

>When Disney is your ISP

Rupert Murdoch will come out richer in the long run,” Vogel said. “He’ll have a percentage of a Disney that’s a much stronger company with these Fox assets and he’ll grow his net worth faster if he owns them through Disney than if owns them himself. That’s why he’s so smart.”

I WONDER WHO COULD BE BEHIND THIS POST??

>MY GABEGINO IS RUINED FUG DERSNEE

>Who gives a fuck
Anti-monopoly laws and a chance to fuck up Disney.

they own so much it influences other people's work
monkey see monkey do for the race for cheap cash

see the fucking DCEU - BvS, JL etc failed because they wanted to emulate Marvel to get the same sweet cash and also jump straight to an Avengers scenario - and look at how it repaid the fans with any semblance of quality

Based Murdoch

Best part is that his faggy children will get nada

You people think that Disney will fuck up your franchises but Murdoch's sons are commie-tier, it was inevitable either way

Oh god no, a company that puts out trash was bought by a company that puts out trash

who the fuck cares

cool shitpost, I told you I somewhat liked them you illiterate projecting retard. also to say Legion wasn't decent is just straight out lying, it wasn't even capeshit in the sense of other material, it was all psychological for most of the part and a half cinematography jerkoff to try and capture the pilot atmosphere for the rest of the series episodes when it got funded

>they own so much it influences other people's work

That's not what anti-trust law is about nor is that a genuine critique of a monopoly. Who gives a fuck if people are "influenced" artistically

>see the fucking DCEU - BvS, JL etc failed because they wanted to emulate Marvel to get the same sweet cash and also jump straight to an Avengers scenario - and look at how it repaid the fans with any semblance of quality

I do not give a single solitary shit about your cape movies.

Murdoch is clearly done with all this shit now. He just seems to be selling up. Won't be surprised if he just ends up with his newspapers as a little vanity project. They were always his only real passion.

>UR TOO DUMB TO UNDERSTAND GABEGINO