Buzz lightyear of star command

Was this show good? I don't remember it enough to recall.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=475sUYDvBhs
dailymotion.com/video/xtd9m0_blosc-1x01-the-torque-armada_shortfilms
dailymotion.com/video/xtdro5_blosc-1x02-gravitina_shortfilms
dailymotion.com/video/xteppi_bloc-1x04-little-secrets_shortfilms
dailymotion.com/video/xtfk99_buzz-lightyear-of-star-command-1x06-nos-4-a2_shortfilms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have fond memories.

HYPER DEATH RAY

It was a solid comedy action show. I liked it because it really felt like they took the bare minimum the Toy Story movies gave the "franchise" of Buzz Lightyear and made something really cool out of it.

It was good when I was a kid. I haven't seen it in years but I can recall that it's an interesting enough expansion on buzz's universe

It's a great show that still holds up today.

Also still pissed that there was no reference to the other characters in Toy Story 3

Peter, I'm handicapped.

Such an oddity of a show. It was based off of a fictional brand that only had a little airtime in an early pixar film, yet it turned out to be fun little comedy/action series. And Buzz voiced by Patrick Warburton was a match made in heaven.

I don't think Pixar had much of a hand in the show nor didn't care much about it in the first place

I mean, I liked it. I was also like 5 or 6 when I started watching it so....

The Toy Story movies were decent.

The series was meh.

Fun series that added a lot for Buzz

Zurg and XR were fantastic and wish Disney would use them more.

nos4a2 Goat villain

Wonderfully fun show.

>Also still pissed that there was no reference to the other characters in Toy Story 3
Well seeing that it's literally a show that exists inside the Toy Story universe, it make sense there would be no appearance of characters belonging to other franchises.
youtube.com/watch?v=475sUYDvBhs

Really good show. XR is my favorite.

The Buzz Lightyear fad of the 90s and early 00s would have died out by Toy Story 3.

Andy got rid of most of his toys so even if he had gotten a Booster or XR toy at some point they'd have been sold off or thrown out.
The other locations were the daycare where most toys don't last long, Bonnie's house, and the dump where the toys were almost immediately incinerated

There would be no in story reason to have any references

What does e hide under his hood.

Great show. John Lasseter hated it.

You know, with how successful this show was, I am surprised there was no Woody/cartoon Followup at somepoint.

Well, a G rated cowboy cartoon is hard to pull off

>Was this show good? I don't remember it enough to recall.

It was pretty fuckin' good, user. I'd put it up there with the same level of quality as kim possible..

While I'm at it; what exactly was the deal with Disney during the early 00's? They had some great stuff coming out at the time: Tarzan, Lilo & Stitch, Recess, Treasure Planet, The Incredibles, fuckin' Dave The Barbarian.... And yet as good as all that stuff was it feels so oddly forgettable.

Why was the 00's so awkward for Disney, what the hell happened?

well Lasseter loves his Cars movies, so his opinion is voided.

I don't think they were forgettable, just disney chooses not to promote them the same as their older stuff.

I think he means that we saw no toys of the other buzz lightyear characters in TS3

I recall Zurg being on AoStH Robotnik / Dedede levels of fun.

He pretty much was, and it was fantastic.

>Buzz, wait, don't kill me. I am your father!
>Hahaha, I can't believe you fell for that one!

All I remember is freaking out and becoming unironically upset as a child because of the time travel episode where the blue chick dies in space and Buzz gets extremely depressed because he thinks it's the second person he's let die on his watch.

>it's an XL redemption episode

Oh yes, i remember this cartoon.

All I remember is feeling ashamed that I wanted to fuck a character from Toy Story.

How can you be ironically upset?

I fucking LOVE this episode

that has only ever been a rumor.

I remember really loving it. Still have a Booster and XR toys in a tub in the basement.

If I had been old enough to know about Rule 34 I probably would have fapped to Mira Nova, but not I can't because she's a part of my childhood and all. Same reason I can't fap to Misty.

There were actual toys of them? Pic, please?

Not my pic, but here are the toys. There was also a Buzz, Warp Darkmatter and NOS 4A2 figure.

There was also a set of McDonalds toys that you could build together to make the spaceship.

They also had tops on the bottom of them. I remember using them as BayBlades.

thanks.

>Warp Darkmatter
>No Mira

This may be worth a watch.

Well I did see a poster of this show's pilot movie in Andy's Room in Toy Story 3

Not a rumor. Was confirmed at a panel with some Pixar animators; they were asked about the show, to which the panelists mentioned Lasseter's dislike of it.

Good luck finding that written down anywhere, though.

Source: my ass and knowing the person who asked the panelists

It was witty AND quippy. Decent cast, both in heroes and villains. And quite the all-star voice cast.

Holy shit, there was an XR toy?! Damn, I missed out.

>Your honor! I had no idea she was under warranty!

Back then I had no idea who Craig Ferguson was. It was a bit of a treat to recognize his voice on future watchings. Same with Wayne Knight, actually.

If the series hadn't been over so soon after, I would have missed him raising hell as a parts-hungry frankenstein monster.

>What are we gonna do?!
>Uh... Hyper DIE?

I forgot this show had some A-grade waifu game.

>Buzz falls for the stubborn hippy biologist
He deserved better. The catgirl waitress may have had worse job prospects, but holy fuck, 4 arms, Buzz!

I love it, but was a bit disappointed it never had a conclusion. Then again, most syndicated Disney cartoons didn't, so...

4 arms is like 8 vaginias, what's the use if you only have one dick?

some nice animation there, damn

Wasn't that the episode Zurg attacked Space Santa and stole his time-stopping tech?

>using hyper-advanced time manipulation technology to steal Buzz's newspaper

What a fucking madman.

Imagine all the added cupping.

For kid me it was great. Had so much fun watching it. Don't know if it holds up for adults

yeah i thought it was great

There are 3 tiers of this show; Movie, Standard, Outsourced.

>Movie
Is not related to the actual pilot/Movie of BLoSC but in terms of animation and story writing. These episodes are usually the slowest paced ones of the series, but generally has the better quality in animation (hence the movie comparison) and plot. Has some good action, not too much though, with a bit of downtime in between. Also Zurg is usually more "straight forward" as a evil villain in these.

>Standard
Has a faster pace than "Movie" but not over the top to make it jarring. Usually the better with "action" based plots when it comes to detailed circumstances (Evil Buzz, Gravatina, etc) and has better action moments. Animation isn't as smooth and detailed as "Movie" but is particularly still good. The first episode of the season comes to mind and is personally the best episode of the series.

>Outsource
Wew. When I say this I REALLY mean it. The quality takes a nose dive as a LOT of jarring things takes place during these episodes, you can tell when it's these eps. Animation is REALLY off (think of shows like SMB Super Show or nuPPG), it's THAT bad. Plots are usually out of place or general filler that amounts to nothing (Booster's Love Triangle episode I'm looking at you) and are cringy to watch imo. I'd honestly ignore those episodes, they're easily the worst ones of the series.

tl;dr: In the end, the show was really good, even though it had a few stinkers. I'd recommend watching them, I recently did not too long ago and I loved it. Just don't bother with the outsourced episodes, I'm serious. Oh, and fore warning, watch out for when they change Zurg's voice sometimes throughout the series, it caught me off guard a few times when his personality changes when different VAs play him.

>They fucking made toys of all the characters
>Except the girl
Fucking triggered. WTF.

Cite some examples of each, if you're going to sub-divide it like that.

As for the outsourcing, I think you may be over-exaggerating. Like any show, it dips in quality for a few scenes, but I don't remember anything in the show as notorious as, say, the 90's had it.

It's BS, don't get me wrong. But where toys for little boys are concerned, I wouldn't be surprised at all if sales numbers of female toys in similar boys series' backed up the decision.

I seriously need to get back at drawing more Mira.
>tfw you might be right
>mfw pic related still gets toys of herself
Fuck John Lasseter, somehow he's behind this blasphemy.

I marathoned it this last year, actually. It holds up surprisingly well. Decent writing. Some solid concepts for episodes and premises. LOTS of fun villains, whose voice actors clearly had fun with the roles. And a core cast that works quite well together.

There are a few throwaway episodes that were probably slapped together on a budget and a timeframe. But I dare say, overall, it's a very solid series.

With Zurg inconsistently being played for laughs, Nos4a2 sure made an intimidating secondary villain.

Well after looking through my stash, I can't exactly pinpoint the episode for "Outsourced" directly, at least the one example I wanted to share but from what I can remember it had something to do with Zurg almost claiming Earth and the gang had to stop him.

But as for the other two, my recommendations;

dailymotion.com/video/xtd9m0_blosc-1x01-the-torque-armada_shortfilms
dailymotion.com/video/xtdro5_blosc-1x02-gravitina_shortfilms

First two do a fine job for standard, while;

dailymotion.com/video/xteppi_bloc-1x04-little-secrets_shortfilms
dailymotion.com/video/xtfk99_buzz-lightyear-of-star-command-1x06-nos-4-a2_shortfilms

are under the movie category. You can see how the animation works and pacing of the episode are. Unfortunately I realized is one of those "outsourced" like episode, yet I don't really recall any major animation quirks in that episode particularly, other than the noticeable animation difference, hence how I can tell the difference for my examples above. I just remember some really "90s" tier animation happening a few times in one of these episodes and it put me off, maybe biasly to my preferred episodes of the series, to ones similar to my examples.

So I guess you're right, I might just be over exaggerating the severity of it, I just think it looks jarring but it might be okay for others.

The first Nos4a2 episode they pretty clearly threw the weight of their budget at, which was probably so they could turn around and use the majority of scenes for the opening sequence.

I noticed that. It's sad that my favorite type of animation for the show is, well as expected, the most expensive. But oh well, I get some enjoyment when it does happen, and at the really least the majority of the series sticks with "Standard" type overall.

Also, Mira ends up with a few different eye designs between these types of episode styles, my particular favorite are when they look like PPG style or like shiny jewels.

Prostate stimulation while masturbating. Can prevent ejaculation and maintain the pleasure.

This is as close to heaven as you'll ever get.

Is there a torrent or mega of the episodes in a high quality?

Mira gave me my first boner

I still wish they had made the toys in a similar style to the regular Buzz and Zurg to maintain continuity.

Man I really wanna rewatch this show now.
I can remember basically nothing from it.