ALIEN

ALIEN

What went wrong?

It doesn't have the special features from the Alien Anthology set.

looks like an energy drink advertisement

nothing, Covenant had some dumb scenes but made Prometheus infinitely more enjoyable as a 'David wants to be God' movie

Can Disney save it?

The series works fine if its just two trilogies.
Only Resurrection and AVP movies are that bad.

Prometheus
Covenant
End of Prometheus Trilogy Goes Here

Alien
Aliens
Alien3 (The assembly cut only though)

There's more bad movies than good

This would be perfectly true and a good thing if Convenant were more like Prometheus, what a waste.

Forcing the movies to be fast and exciting instead of building the world and filling it with intricate details. I love how Alien's Nostromo feels real. You don't get that sense from many of the other sets.

turning alien into a franchise and making sequels

It still has elements of Prometheus for sure.
To be fair I don't think its ridleys fault.
STudio got the idea people just wanted xeno's and pushed it on him.
He seems determined to make one more, and have it be even more about androids though

>buying an unfinished collection

Instead of continuing world building and making entertaining films they decided to tell some message about humans creating androids then discovering they themselves were created then the androids they created creating something even more superior and everybody creating something that surpasses them, yeah well done but you basically tore apart the whole franchise to do it

Covenant was so close to world building and then it would cut to an extra dying randomly

But it has Alien and Aliens. That's all you really need.

Aliens 3 assembly cut while not as good, is a decent end to series.

also the two prequals have at least some ok moments in them

Nice cover what the fuck?

Covenant was absolute garbage along with Prometheus. Maybe it's the fault of moron fans like this one? Nothing can "make Prometheus """"""""infinitely"""""""" more enjoyble."

If you get over the Hix Noot tears, Alien 3 is a fantastic movie. We'd never get films like that in today's Hollywood, which makes me appreciate it more.

>It still has elements of Prometheus for sure

if by elements you mean:
>dude we genocided engineers entire planet in the most anticlimactic way possible and then just sat there, slapping xenomorphs together with no real plan whatsoever. Fuck you dad, I'm a god now
then something went wrong

haha

Prometheus is a complete pile of steaming shit. How can people actually think it was a good film? Covenant was 10% less of a steaming pile of shit, but still terrible.

agreed good sir

is Alien 3 any good? it's the only one i never tried watching, but I might just check it out even though I thought I heard it was terrible or something

It's just pointless, as a stand alone flick it's not too bad though

is 3 more like a horror movie like the first or an action movie like the second?

The theatrical version is shit, but the director's cut is decent.

it still looks great

Prometheus was nice t b h, it just shouldn't have been part of the Alien franchise, it's so fucking obvious that it was tacked on at last minute don't know why memers keep crying that Scott went full George Lucas and shit if it's obvious that it was studio meddling.

Dingus.

One of the few time i've felt tempted to post one of those brainlet wojaks.

It tries to return to Alien levels of horror and I think succeeds. The direction, art direction, and performances by the cast are all superb. Most of the backlash was from Hicks and Newt, but there's some legitimate plot questions like the egg on the Sulaco and the two facehuggers or queen hugger or whatever.
It's one of my favorite alien films though. Scared the flying holy shit out of me when I was younger, that corridor chase sequence.

lol

Um because it wasn't studio meddling and Scott can do whatever he likes? The original script by Jon Spaihts was way better and didn't have every character act like a complete idiot, then Lindelof came in and butchered it with his rewrites, which Scott asked him to do to make the film closer to the Alien series.

The film failed completely because of deeply retarded characters and marketing that said "we ask big questions on our deep philosophical journey" when the film does nothing close to that and is idiotic with a few good scenes and nice visuals.

They should have made covenant an alien prequel instead of a prometheus sequel. Killing Shaw and the Engineers offscreen was fucking retarded. Not to mention it doesn't even make sense.

more like a comedy with the worse fx of the saga

Now that Disney is buying fox, alien reboot when?

>reboot
fuck you

To me Prometheus was just a series of events without a cause, Covenant gave it any kind of coherency and Covenant was only entertaining to see David.

the comics are unironically better

none of them should've been prequels

It has to be at this point. Ridley has fucked it so hard it cant' be saved.

Not as-is, no. But had they concentrated on that instead of trying to create a bridge between Alien and Prometheus, it might have been a better movie.

Prometheus should have remained on offshoot franchise. Maybe you see a Xeno at the very end of the trilogy, that's it.

the engineers should've been a separate race and not the jockeys, with diferent designs and all, maybe at war with the jockeys
just humans discobering a new alien race, that's it

>muh space jockey

Feel free to die at any moment.

I can agree with this.

Why wouldn't you? You wrote it.

Fucking why? He's absolutely right. Turning the creepy awesome mystery of the elephantine Jockeys into giant blue space ubermensch was turbo gay as fuck, just like you.
That was the biggest mistake Prometheus and Scott made, and you're trying to berate this user for pointing it out.

Creepy mystery?

You conjured some bullshit elephant man race in your brain and are boo-hooing because you got shit on. You're worse than a woman whining 'cause her ship didn't sail.

Don't talk about yourself in the third person.

No I didn't. Why would I reply to myself? I can just masturbate if I want to wank myself off.
Can you describe to me in detail why you're a salty fag though?

Looks like it's you that's samefagging, son. Whoops!
I didn't conjure creepy elephant man, that was H.R. Giger, and I didn't get shit on, that was the Alien franchise. What I'd like you to do is see if you can get BTFO even harder than you just did, but I don't know if you can.

Oh this is easy. They didnt stop makng entries.
It happens with anything, that isn't allowed to stop.

Star wars.
the vampire chronicles.
dragon ball super
Pokemon

You keeping making things your franchise goes to shit.

>obvious samefags try the n-no YOU response

Be less obvious. Giger didn't write Alien.

He designed most of it including the Jockey, Derelict, and *gasp* the Alien itself. You really are just getting more retarded with every post, please continue. And my pic proved I wasn't samefagging while you seem to have no such pic...
>HMMMMMMM

Why do you keep shitting up this thread? Ridley is that you? Fuck off and let us non-retards discuss our movie franchise okay sweetie?

It fails in both regards

Go to an Alien movie.

get stuck watching a Blade Runner wannabe.

Aliens. Aliens was actually good, but it became a franchise then and it went south fast.

Diminished mystery with each successive instalment. The mysterious atmosphere of Alien is its strongest feature; the crashed ship set is one of the greatest ever shown because of this. We're never given direct explanation of what the alien really is, or why the ship crashed, or why the ship was carrying the eggs in the first place. We're as informed as the human characters in Alien.

Aliens is a good action film that explicates a bit more about the alien life cycle, but the mystery of the creature is still preserved.

Prometheus and Covenant were obscenities because they were an attempt by Scott to destroy the mystique of his own work. He managed to make two films that are both obscurantist and swamped with exposition. We don't need to know where the xenomorph came from, and it becomes less scary when we do.

It's a problem of 21st Century blockbuster film in general. Ever since superhero films started making $$$ appear in execs eyes, the 'origin story' has become the model for blockbuster speculative fiction. It's a shame, because it's a mode of production that's antithetical to good horror film-making.

Add to that an over-reliance on CGI for creature effects and shockingly poor and inconsistent character writing, and you can understand Ridley's later Alien films are such a shitshow.

>Tfw we will never get happy Chappie aliens