Lives in a world in which dozens of real gods exist and manifest themselves on a regular basis

>lives in a world in which dozens of real gods exist and manifest themselves on a regular basis
>believes in Allah

They really didn't think this through, did they?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=krb2OdQksMc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do you keep making these fucking threads

This is one of the issues with comics having shared universes.

Well WE live in a world were we already know that there is no god.
Yet there are multiple religions.
So it's not that far from reality

You like getting cucked? Why would you want to see that?

Allah is the real god. It is he who creates everythings. Even beyond the One above all.

Because we don't live in a world where gods show up in New York City and speak to us.

In the world of DC and Marvel, it would be perfectly reasonable to assume that people like Thor, Hercules, Odin, etc are just superhumans who were worshiped by ignorant people in the past and not actually Gods. From this perspective they're no more divine than any random X-gene mutant or lab experiment gone wrong.

Jewish ominipotent "God" would be a clearly different concept entirely. Even if common people knew about stuff like the Infinity Gauntlet or Heart of the Universe, which they wouldn't, they could still argue that the real god is above the multiverse.

DC universe actually even does have a God above Gods, The Source. It's implied that the God that Jews/Christians/Muslims pray to in DC universe is The Source.

Best girls deserve the best

Allah is the same same monotheistic Abrahamic god that Christians and Jews worship.

But they do.
We just claim that they are loony

>implying those are gods

You really think having Thor and Hercules running around would make religious people stop being religious? Or that they'd all convert to paganism?

No, they'll just dismiss them as fakes, or aliens with delusions of grandeur.

Allah LITERALLY exists in the marvel universe. Are you retarded?

>hey random college kid from New York, it's me, God
>why do I look like Randall Flagg?

islamic people would disagree
you see, they think they worship a false and corrupted god.

And if common people knew about all the comic stuff...who's to say the Living Tribunal ISN'T Yahweh?

No, Islamic people wouldn't disagree. They do think that Jews, Christians and Muslims all worship the same God. Muslims just think that Jews and Christians are doing it wrong.

Christians think the same thing about Muslims and Jews, except with less killing them over it.

But from a functional standpoint, the brothers at the mosque are NOT going to be down with Kamala running around with Scarlet Witch, Dr Strange, Thor, Hercules, and Storm.

>islamic people would disagree
except they don't, at all, they acknowledge that people like jesus exist and there are a bunch of important figures in all three religions

No you see i studied islam.
I went to all places that are holy to them.
They don't think they worship the same god as jews and christians.
I'm an expert and i tell you they think satan corrupted the minds of those other religions

Living Tribunal jobs too much. Thanos made him his bitch twice and he's lost other times too

I go to an Indonesian christian protestant church and we literally just call God "Allah" if that means anything

>>lives in a world in which dozens of real gods exist and manifest themselves on a regular basis

Wouldn't that make organized religion just MORE popular? I mean, anyone who believes in atheism in the Marvel Universe is a retard so that's one group taken care of right there.

And if Thor and Hercules and Ares can all exist, why the hell can't Allah, too?

>, they acknowledge that people like jesus exist
Yes, as just a prophet.
Which is a way of calling him a liar.
What would happen if I said to a muslim Muhammad was a liar?

It was christcucks that call him a god. He himself never said he was a god.

>He himself never said he was a god.

I've been coming on this site for year and still am sometimes baffled at how stupid some people can be on Sup Forums.

>What would happen if I said to a muslim Muhammad was a liar?
Behead those who insult islam is the correct response from a sophisticated intellectual peacefull muslim

You don't to insult yourself user.

>no u

Let me guess, you're just "pretending" to be retarded.

A comic book atheist would just be somebody who thinks that all Gods are just super-humans, and there's no real reason to worship them. You could also say that even if Abrahamic God does exist, that doesn't mean that any aspect of the religion aside from that singular fact is correct. Does The Source care if you eat shellfish? Does The Living Tribunal get mad if you don't pray to Mecca? Being an atheist would be easy, it would just shift the question from "do they exist?" to "are they worthy of being called a god and worshipped?"

>hurr durr can't win an argument against him.
>i just ask him if he pretends to be a retard, thus i won
not him by the way

>And if Thor and Hercules and Ares can all exist, why the hell can't Allah, too?

Plus, the fact that gods from multiple pantheons definitely exist in the Marvel U means that religious conflicts would be really different.

It would mean the end of the idea of "one true God." You could worship Allah, your neighbor could worship Jesus, but there would be a strong possibility that both exist and neither one of you is wrong.

There would probably be new religions, too based around worshiping several pantheons, or all of them, or even some superheroes.

I bet you think that the New Testament is not a flat out lie created so that they could control and corrupt easy Christians like you.

except there IS a one true god, it's TOAA

>not him by the way

I hope you're lying, otherwise you're twice the idiot he is to think such glaring ignorance count as an argument.

>super-humans, and there's no real reason to worship them
i would worship spider man holy shit.
He could kill me in an instant

Marvel gods aren't really gods, they're more like powerful aliens, like Q in Star Trek.

Almost none of the cosmic beings fit the Judeo-Christian-Muslim definition of God though.
Instead they merely come off across as exceptionally powerful alien beings, especially since most do not come to Earth and those that do frequently are driven off by superheroes, thus clearly not fitting the description of so all-knowing all-powerful all-pervasive god.

Hell, some of the known Earth heroes seem MORE powerful then the few cosmic beings who have directly visited Earth.

>created so that they
Created by (((who)))?

It always annoyed me that superhero stories almost never include something that is pretty much guaranteed to happen quickly: the most powerful heroes being worshiped as Gods. For example in DC the most popular religion on the planet should definitely be Supermanism

>or even some superheroes.

This happens in canon. By 2099, Thor has his own religion which is one of the biggest in America. Punsiher 2099 is a member of the Church of Thor (naturally, their holy day is Thursday.)

The jews. The higher order. The secret society. You should only take the word of the prophet not add to it.

Islam sprung over a polytheistic society dumbass they have specific arguments over why gods with specific ranges of power (sun gods, moon gods etc) aren't real gods due to being limited in scope

>Supermanism
kek

>some of the known Earth heroes seem MORE powerful then the few cosmic beings who have directly visited Earth.
name one.
Thor definitely beat the shit out of Hulk
and hulk is the most powerful being on earth

I know for a fact Thorianity is at an all time low.

There's some strong archeological and literary evidence that the new testament (parts of it) was written by the Roman government in order to make the Jews easier to control and get them to pay taxes.

No, actually. This completely false.
The Quran states that there is only one God but God, and Muhammad was his Prophet, but also so was Moses and Jesus (just as Christianity agrees that Moses was a Prophet), simply placing more emphasis on Muhummad because his teachings are more recent and "better interpret" the will of God.

In essence all three religions basically say they worship the exact same guy but that their favored religious group founder has a more accurate interpretation of said guy's commandments and laws.
Of course since the guy himself isn't visibly taking any sides in the argument the argument gets pretty vocal.

God real bro. You wanna know how I know he's real? I prayed and actually got a gf and had sex. Suck it

>I prayed and actually got a gf and had sex.
truly a miracle

No they wouldn't.

Muslims believe God gave the word to Moses, but over time it got corrupted and the Jews were led astray. Then God gave the word to Jesus, but over time it got corrupted and the Christians were led astray. Finally God gave the word to Mohamed and this time the word would be unchanging, uncorruptable and only the Arabic version would be the true word as it is considered untranslatable. Christians, and Jews still worship the same god, they're just doing it wrong.

Then the Sikhs came along and said "All y'all motherfuckers be whack, yo."

There IS no "Satan" in Islam.
That's pretty much a wholesale invention of the Catholic faith and it's derivatives. Islam uses the word "shaitan", but that isn't a name or even a title, instead being an extremely nonspecific phrase denoting evil of any kind.

So lots of things are "shaitan" in Islam.

DC has explored this a few times. It always ends the same way: there's a villain taking advantage of the latest Superman cult (either leading them or exploiting them some other way) and then Superman makes a speech about how he's no god and they could move on with their lives.

As it turns out, it's hard to keep your religion going when "God" flies up to you and tells you to stop worshiping him.

>Which is a way of calling him a liar.

No. They're saying Jesus was a prophet. He spoke the truth but after he died Christians corrupted the truth. The New Testament is the lie.

Yeah, but their book basically says to disregard previous books... Strongly.

>i would worship spider man holy shit.

I'd worship his dick with my pooper and chewer.

Galatus is the ONE cosmic being that has personally visited Earth in public, and a stretchy guy from NYC threatened him once and he left. The Celestial Host once in Earth too, but in a remote location away from most observers and thus nobody really knew they were there.

The average person in the MU isn't even aware of half of the shit the reader is aware of.

If the books weren't corrupted, Islam wouldn't even be here. It's all their fault for messing and adding the word of god.

How did I not think of this before was she what you were hoping for?

>Created by (((who)))?

people who wanted to control other people by making them afraid of a Jewish zombie on a stick.

Bullshit. If that happened people would just see it as a sign of his amazing Godly humility

no ..satan answered him, he got a tranny

>We believe he existed but everything he said was a lie.

The one above all is actually Allah in the Marvel Universe.

>youtube.com/watch?v=krb2OdQksMc
kek reminds me of this

Can't be, because they've shown him.

Yeah, with the explanation basically being "okay, so these Prophets were the real thing but the human beings who controlled and created the actual religions fucked it all up and now people are following bastardized and incorrect instructions."
Muhammad could argue this because comparatively speaking his faith came much later, many centuries after Jesus had been crucified.

Sikhism worships God as well, but is kind of a fundamentally different philosophy at heart; there's a lot less of "listen to these religious/vague authority figures and do what they say" there and more emphasis placed on a kind of learning and enlightenment combined with living well that brings you to a closer understanding of God, who is more like an all-pervasive force of existence akin to say, gravity rather then some bearded authority figure handing down orders.

No. More like, "we believe he existed and spoke the truth but after he died the people he spoke the truth to corrupted it when they retold it".

They're saying Christians are the liars, not Jesus.

If you ate a ham sandwich and said "Today I ate a ham sandwich and enjoyed it because it's my favourite sandwich", and then after you died I said "user said, 'I hate ham sandwiches and would never eat them because they are the worst sandwich in the world'" and then someone else said "user liked ham sandwiches and ate them because they were his favourite" that person would not be calling you a liar by pointing out my lie about you.

>Well WE live in a world were we already know that there is no god.

> there's a lot less of "listen to these religious/vague authority figures and do what they say" there and more emphasis placed on a kind of learning and enlightenment combined with living well that brings you to a closer understanding of God,

That sounds kinda like Buddhism....

christfag

Buddhism isn't concerned with bringing you to a closer understanding of God. It acknowledges that Gods exist but they are just as lost as we are in the cycle of birth, suffering, and death.

Buddhism is about transcending suffering, not getting closer to a god.

>Buddhism is about transcending suffering
So... Sup Forums is the contrary religion to buddhism?

Yes, clearly only Christians still believe there is a god.

Yeah, kinda I guess.
The values you are supposed to uphold and the religious bits are different from Buddhism, but there's some similarities. There's also stuff about reincarnation in Sikhism too, but how it was explained to me is that a Sikh lives his life trying to make THIS LIFE better rather then striving for the rewards of an afterlife.
There's not much talk of heaven or hell, but lots about reincarnating until you can fully understand by living right to become one with Akal (which is the Timeless Form of God that exists in all things), reaching a kind of enlightened state where you are one with God and thus have transcended your mortal frailties and flaws.

One of the reasons Sikhism places so much emphasis on charity and living well and protecting people and keeping the world functional is because their religion states that the ultimate reward in life is found in THIS world and not some afterlife you automatically reach after you die, so you have to actively make the world better to achieve a state of Jivanmukta (liberation from the illusions of the world).

But God exist in the marvel universe

Jesus was a person who did exist but whether or not he actually was a magic man is what people argue over.

That seems.....a lot more sensible then fucking up a lot of things in this world for a vague and poorly defined promise of an afterlife you don't even get to enjoy until after death on the words of religious authority figures.

*sigh* I miss Ghastly so much.

Considering Sikhism and the region it comes from has had a REALLY long history of getting into conflict with Islam who basically have a similar "life sucks and then you die but after that part everything gets better, trust me" philosophy, that might actually be the point.

Sikhism also basically says to NOT be blindly spiritual and follow religious doctrine without thinking; again, it seems like a reaction to their rocky relation with various expansionist Muslim cultures such as the Mongols.

t.extremely religious muslim

He was definitely supernatural. In the Quran he turned some clay statues of birds into real birds. He also healed the sick and raised the dead and foretold the coming of Mohamed. He will also return at the endtimes to lead the fight against the anti-Christ. All in all he's mentioned over 180 times in the Quran. He's a pretty important figure.

Honestly in the Quran he does a lot more crazy miracle shit then he does in the New Testament.

Has anyone actually tried the fire challenge of the old testament?

t. islamic expert

You want to read something really fucked up read the Infancy Gospel of Thomas. It's about Jesus as a kid and he's a complete and total shithead.

What, you mean in a religious scripture or in real life? I'm sure people have tried it in real life, though I'm guessing that it didn't turn out so well for them.
If you mean did Muhummad try it?
Then I don't know, but he wouldn't be required to; like I said, it's not the Prophets that Islam says weren't real, it's the BOOKS written by the FOLLOWERS of said Prophets and rulers after them that are misinterpreted words of said Prophets.

His dad completely fucked up Joeb's life just to prove to Satan that Joeb was loyal, so it's not like he had a lot to live to to, you know?