Is it safe to say that Rogue 1 was the best Nu Wars movie by a huge margin?

Is it safe to say that Rogue 1 was the best Nu Wars movie by a huge margin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0bYJ3Bo2_AQ
youtube.com/watch?v=I7jTfgXfaCU
youtube.com/watch?v=YZ_j3s5xj8I&t=92s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes.

I'll admit, after seeing TLJ it has grown on me.

yes, for me the best of all star wars films, more adult, i will only watch spin offs for now, boba fett could be good

Lets say Vader Rogue One 30 sec screentime is the best thing since Disney bought the franchise (and probably we will never get anything better)

I liked it more yes. Still has it's issues. Man if they dropped the references and put more focus on the cast there could have been a really good war movie there.

it felt like a boring Soviet WW2 propaganda movie from my childhood

when the pilot was trying to connect stuff to send the signal, I thought he would go with this Soviet trope of holding cables with his teeth

then everybody ded because drama

Yes. No competition.

Did anybody notice Gareth Edwards cameo in TLJ?
He was on of the resistance fighters in the trench on not-Hoth

It was surprisingly enjoyable.
Disney really should drop this whole trilogy thing and just make spinoff Star Wars movies instead.

I'm American and I know what you're talking about, import a bunch of foreign war films, Soviet era Russia made a ton.
You're thinking of Zvezda, yes?

Fun fact: It's the only SW movie I've ever seen.

I liked it.

it's the least shitty of all the nu wars

Space Battles are better than anything since the OT.
Everything else sucked ass.
I don't know why this is the only Star Wars since the OT to do space battles right.

I cant forget the monk walking through the battlefield scene

No both movies are cringe

Yeah I think it's the best. I saw TLA yesterday, I thought it was cool, but because it is Star Wars, while watching it I already had a few "this makes no sense" moments and going on Sup Forums afterwards is not helping it. It had some cool stuff. Fuck Rey, Snoke what the fuck, fight scene in red room was so fucking weird and bad, I can name a lot of stuff but fuck that.

Felicity is a qt too btw.

Where can I find the 1953 version? Private trackers?

I haven't seen TLJ yet but it was objectively worse than Force Awakens.

The only reason why it's good is because it isn't a Star Wars movie
It's just a war movie

Ah shit, one I watched was 2002 and not Soviet era, my bad. The film grain quality made it look older than it was.
And I have no clue, 1953 is as hard to track down as a physical version of The 317th Platoon, and I've been tracking down the latter for a long time.

If you don't care about a physical version or subtitles, youtube.com/watch?v=0bYJ3Bo2_AQ

It was that well made, but at least it didnt shit all over the Universe. Erasing Kyle Katarn sucked, but it didnt make Yoda burn the Jedi archives or turn Luke into a murdering sniveling bitch with Matrix moves.

>I cant forget the monk walking through the battlefield scene
yeah, why would someone studying the force for their entire lives be able to make a run through some laser fire for a few seconds?

BTW, what's your favorite scene from the OT? Mine is where Luke's X-wing flies through the trenches of the Death Star while not getting hit by any laser fire.

They specifically explain that the turbolasers werent intended to shoot down fighters. The death star armor was basically impenetrable to fighters, and they didnt know about the weak spot.

only reason people say this is because of the vader scenes, take them out and it's just as boring as the phantom menace

>just as boring as TPM
So R1 is still better than TFA and TLJ?

daily reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=I7jTfgXfaCU

You totally missed the scene, it was about to be ambiguous if the force existed at all or it was just luck he wasn't getting hit.

To be honest dude, the EU was so inconsistent about these sorts of things. The Kyle Katarn got the plans thing was one of like 6 stories of how the plans got into rebel hands. Old cannon could never get its shit straight.

>The force is strong with this one
>Vaders says
>Unable to hit Luke with the TIE fighter's anti-X-wing lasers
>Unironically

I loved Rogue One, but the first Vader scene really dragged the movie down. I feel like he should have only appeared at the very end.

This and dozens of similar ones from Brezhnev's era of building patriotic spirit around the Great Patriotic War (WW2).

How much mercury do you drink on a daily basis to be so retarded? It was a leap of faith for him to walk out there BECAUSE it was ambiguous whether or not he had any connection to the force. That's why the scene had any fucking risk/meaning, you fucking retard. Holy shit.

I think they're all equally terrible for different reasons.

>It was that well made, but at least it didnt shit all over the Universe. Erasing Kyle Katarn sucked, but it didnt make Yoda burn the Jedi archives or turn Luke into a murdering sniveling bitch with Matrix moves.

Yoda didn't burn the archives. Confirmed for not having seen the film. It was like 5 books, which Rey had at the end in a shelf in the Falcon.

>Row Oan ish da besz knew Estar vars moobee

absolutely.

>Good cinematography
>A fun hammy villain
>A plot that isn't a recycle of previous films
>Cool space battle
>Darth Vader slicing people
>Bunnyfu

So, yeah. If we're going to get assembly line spaceshit, at least this was entertaining spaceshit.

>It was like 5 books, which Rey had at the end in a shelf in the Falcon.
I actually did see the movie and didn't notice this

I honestly forgot that I had watched this movie
That about sums up my opinion of it

yes, which should be telling since R1 was utter dogshit

Quality post.

The lightsaber crystals being the same than the death star is quite stupid and the ships get in lightspeed too near the planets

youtube.com/watch?v=YZ_j3s5xj8I&t=92s

The ls action was great in the OT. Simply amazing how people swing sticks at nothing and stumble for plot reasons. Masterfully done.

NU STARWARS IS A COMPLETE CLUSTERFUCK OF CURRENT YEAR STRONK FEMALE LEADS AND SHOEHORNED DIVERSITY CHARACTERS CUZ MUH REPRESENTATION, ITS ONLY REMAINING WORTH IS THE CGI BATTLES

ROGUE 1 DELIVERED THE MOST CGI BATTLES, SO ITS THE WINNER, SIMPLE SCIENCE MORTY

This and the reason three fighters entered the trench was so that the leader could destroy the deflection towers while the rear blocked the TIEs.

Nah, it was boring and had no characters to speak of. All three of them are bad movies, even by contemporary Hollywood standards

I pretty much don't remember anything about this movie except the final battle
I don't even remember any of the characters names
the whole thing was just so uninteresting and forgettable

>actual conflict
>no Force to fix things up
>genuine tension even if we know the outcome
>well-built villain
>hallway fucking scene

It wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it very much. Nice experiment, doesn't pander to fans, does its own thing. 8/10 for me.

In the EU DS is powered by kyber crystals, though. Major point in TFU, actually.

Yoda still burned dozens of books. Pay more attention if you ever plan on rewatching it. You literally see the books burning. Rey only saved a handful.

This

Considering how uneven movie it is, I'm a bit baffled that I have to agree with that. It feels more than a bit like a movie stitched together from a couple of different movies, but in the end it still is the best Disney Wars movie and not even the worst non-Disney Wars movie.

Tfu? I dont remember whats that, I remember a planet called despayre though

This unironically. That shout Luke gives when Vader mentions his sister and the bit where he just wails on a failing Vader are two of my favorite moments in movies and all of the other quirks about the way the fight was shot are mostly charming and fun. Good conclusion, and the fight is primarily an outward expression of Luke's inner struggles. I don't hate the way things are done now, but you can't trash on the fights that inspired like 3 decades of fans.

Not even close. It's like the worse elements of TFA put into one movie.

Only good thing was the space battle and vader.

yeah honestly

it's a decent film, mainly for vader's sparse scenes.

Yes and it was still a very bad movie, just not as infuriating as the other, especially because they didn't bring back the old cast and ruin them.

Rogue 1 actually gave me hope in the new movie after the trashfire that was TFA. It actually manged to capture a sense of wonder and scale that is majorly overlooked in the OT and prequels. Also seeing the imperials be assholes to each other was a treat.

Its honestly a point I feel brainlets seem to discourage when talking about starears, the movies had a+ design and concept through and through. People will shit on darth maul but go gaga over bobafett based on pure nostalgia alone. Good art direction goes a long way and rogue one had that. Unlike tfa which tries so hard to invoke nostalgia tears it looks like a bland pallette of brown mixed with brown.

>that opening act
>that afghanistan act
>that mgs act
>that vietnam act

u must be old as fuck my guy what the fuck why are you so old man get the fuck outta here with that ancient shit you fucking dust back holy kek what are you like 50 60 you old peice of shit gtfo with your ww2 shit old ass soviet propaganda you old ass dude kek THE FUTURE IS NOW OLD MAN !!!!!!!!!!
dont bother replying to this old man by the time you find the keys to type this ill be long gone and i aint opening a thread with some old ass guy again
ceeeeeya old mannnnn

>TFA looks like a bland pallette of brown mixed with brown
go back to Sup Forums you racist fuck

I'd rather just watch The Dirty Dozen

if we're going down that road rogue one's cast was questionable as well.

You mean Ip Man in space?

It at least felt like a Star Wars movie since it didn't have any fucking snap zooms, Dutch angles or matrix slowmo like 7 and 8

hehe... NO. Bunnyfu, Donnie Yen, Diego Luna, that robot guy, Mikkelsen. In general good looking people with decent to good acting abilities. TFA/TLJ cast totally BTFO.

Definitely for me. It didn't live up to the original trilogy, and it didn't even live up to Episode III for me, but compared to the dumpster fires of the new trilogy it was at least entertaining and decent.

no it was really bad. how do you make a character focused movie, cram like 6 characvters in there, and give none of them any development

I liked the 5 sec of Kylo holding the plasma bolt in mid air at the beginning of TFA, though.

Yeah and I guess Vader stumbling for plot reasons was just marvelous too. And Luke's nooooo when Vader tells him he is his daddy was so much better than Anakin's when he hears about Padme's death. OT-fags are such deluded man-children it's unbelievable.

The Death Star plans being fragmented and held in different locations makes a lot of sense, it also ties into the "several transmissions were beamed to this ship by Rebel spies" bit from ANH that R1 retconned.