Newfag here. What is the general consensus on Gumball here at Sup Forums?

Newfag here. What is the general consensus on Gumball here at Sup Forums?

Fantastic show. It's CN's best show in recent years.

Secretly the true master of the waifu game

Some people only like the early seasons.
Some people only like the recent ones.
Some people don't like it at all.

Darwin deserved none of his backstory jesus christ

Great show overall but has somewhat declined as of Season 5.

Some people really dislike season 4 and 5, but I still find them really good. In fact I think that season 1 and 2 aren't as good as S3/4.

Also Richard can go die in a fire.

Why? What's wrong with it?

Why does everyone hate Richard so much?

He fits perfectly into the theme of the main cast being exaggerated stereotypes of a generic sitcom family (bratty son and his token friend, smart daughter, nagging mom, dumb father).

S4>=S2 > S3 > S5 > S1

>Leslie
>Waifu

It's good.

His episodes are the worst, just the same shitty I'm fat and lazy and cannot stop thinking about food shit. Doesn't help that he has way too much screentime. It's getting to the point where I actually feel bad for the Wattersons whenever Richards proves himself to be a disgusting waste of money and oxygen for the millionth time.
I always laugh at the people who complain so much about season 4 or 5. Season 4 was pretty good and if they could sit though the dogshit that was season 1 then they shouldn't have a problem with season 5.

>tfw there are who knows how many dead Darwins before him
>tfw he starts singing his song
>tfw he's all shrivelled up like a fleshy prune struggling to sing his song

reminded me of this scene from the Sbongebob movie

This, although I would add that there are probably sone people who like it all the way through.

Basically, there is no consensus.

We saw Anais revert into a sperm and Darwin fucking die in the same episode

Oh, I thought you had a problem with the episode.

It's honestly one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.

my problem with the whole episode is that it hurt my heart and made me feel things for fictional characters whose innocence was all an illusion

>Season 4 was pretty good and if they could sit though the dogshit that was season 1 then they shouldn't have a problem with season 5.

The only people who like S1 are those who do for completely illogical, hideously shallow reasons, either because the art style was cuter(though the animation quality was shit), or because they want a show that works as a literal safe space for them, that is, a slice of life, "comfy" show where nothing bad happens and everyone is innocent, naive and good, and where relationships are the most melodramatic possible.

It has its ups and downs but it's generally a decent show. I like that it pokes fun at a lot of cliches and plays with the viewer's expectations.

>S4
>better or equal to S2
Yeah no. S2 was Gumball's peak. Nothing can top it.