Thoughts on Sam Wilson Captain America

I'm interested in what people thing about this title. I've liked it pretty much consistently throughout the run. I think a "street-level" captain America has been cool to see. I couldn't sit through that trash book Avenger Occupy or whatever the fuck it's called, but this seems to be a bit better at tackling social issues. I like the use of the America Corps and how they're just jack booting citizens. Like, overall it's had some get moments. How does Sup Forums feel?

Interesting book.

New relaunch this fall should focus on moving on beyond steve.

I heard people say it's to political

If that makes any sense

I feel like Captain America needs to be a symbol for what America is, and I don't think he does a good job of that, and doesn't get called on properly to do it.

The closest shit that I can think of is almost silly strawman shit, like with the Americops, or with abusive border patrol militias.

Honestly, in regard I think Sam did perfectly. The US is divided and unsure as fuck right now, and Sam reflected that.

>street-level
Has wings, keeps flying most of the time.

I like the idea of Sam as Cap; I just don't like his book.

Fine with the idea.
Rick's 1 arc with him as Cap was good.
Spencer's run has been a unholy abomination. And no not because he has different politics then me (I am centrist) but because it handles then in the most horrible way imaginable.

The only props I will give Spencer is that at least he didn't fuck up US Agent.

I think, and hope, the relaunch will give us 2 Caps that see both sides of America but do it with tact and heart. I would love to see Sam Wilson fighting for those overlooked in out society and social injustices and Steve (if he ever stops working for hydra) doing the more traditional protect the world as it is, stuff. Idk, I don't want Sam's book to devolve into Sjw bullshit, but its handled stuff pretty well so far.

One of the best books right now and only racist Trump supporters complain about it because they don't agree with Spencer's message

What about racist non-Trump supporters?

>I feel like Captain America needs to be a symbol for what America is,
And just what is America?

Pretty much these two

This is America.

End my fucking life. "America" is a book that's about pushing a message down your through over telling a story.

"Mi gente"

I literally shuddered. How can people stomach this tripe unironically?

I like Sam as Cap, he's been Steve's buddy longer than Bucky and I think he's definitely worthy of the shield. I don't necessarily agree with every bit of politics in the book but I think that's the point.

Boring and stupid.

>the cure
>mcr

like wow, what a weird combination of bands. like it shows how out of touch she is. like get some taste, or at least go to an emo nite, pleb bitch. this shit is literally basic level.

it's the equivalent of saying, "better than lil bow wow and insane clown posse"

>Better than The Cure AND MCR
How dated can you get? Also, neither of those bands are particularly great so this means nothing at all.

im black and didn't vote for trump and i think the book is shit

so is Spencer's Cap

Interesting book,I liked that Sam tried to stand out as Cap by trying to make a difference to satisfy a county that one half wanted him gone and the other wanted him to be an extremist.Watching Sam get broken by the division and failure to satisfy anyone was great,independent enough to stand on his own compared to Steve and Bucky,but still a captain America in heart.I feel like Sam as the failed captain America was an interesting turn for his character,it'll be fun seeing where he goes from here

I think the idea is interesting, but I've been forcing myself to finish every issue since the Americorps. Something is off with the pacing.

This really, I don't mind different viewpoints, I just mind shit authors.
ANCA was pretty good, but I dropped CASW almost immediately.

I guess I'm just hyper sensitive then. I think a book picking a side on the discussion of race relations in regard to police brutally and the 1% has a better story than "woman of color can time trave now, punch Hitler, and beat up white/light skinned prep kids who were all assholes...and robots."

The comic is 'okay', he does some interesting things trying to portray both liberal and conservative extremists as bad... but that is only for one issue then it jumps back on the BLM band wagon.

Also its anything but 'street-level' because it is portrayed as dealing with a huge city wide issue that has reverberations throughout the country. Thing is that Sam Wilson being Cap doesn't actually add to the title at all besides some BS twitter drama in the form of the #takebacktheshield movement that wants Captain America to get his shield back from FalCap. Also it is filled with "black people know each other because they black" and it even drags Misty Knight away from her husband/babydaddy Iron Fist and forces her into some kind of romantic subplot with FalCap. Honestly Sam Wilson Cap seemed to be more of a support/launching pad for Captain Hydra's event than its own actual story. Even the thinly veiled BLM pandering subplot is engineered by Steve Rodgers to serve a purpose to his master plan.

I like how they had Sam as 'Captain America' right up until the Captain Hydra event kicks off, but magically a week before it starts Sam has a change of heart and ditches the costume just in time to dodge the fallout of people thinking Cap is a villain.

What you posted OP is from Remender's All-New run, which definitely isn't street level. It's okay, suffers too much from Sam being written in the same voice as his Steve and Flash. Lots of "Shoulder goes weak, reaction's mud", that kind of thing.

One thing I've noticed about Remender's writing is that a lot of his characters, at least their internal monologue, all sound the same. It's really annoying.

>drags Misty Knight away from her husband/babydaddy Iron Fist
Misty broke with Danny 8 years ago, never got back with him, and had already dated Paladin for years in the interim. If anything, he tore her away from Paladin and I doubt you give a single fuck about Paladin.

>dated Paladin
Jesus. Losing that chi baby really messed her up.

its nowhere near as bad as american but it makes the mistake of putting its message before its storytelling and preaches to the audience which in my book makes it a shit comic

Op here. Totally forgot that the start of Sam Wilson and now we're two different runs.

Only bought the Diamondback issues.

This. People were whining about Misty X Sam and complaining about Danny but they broke them up years ago in like the umpteenth relaunch of Heroes for Hire and even that Iron Fist mini by Kaare acknowledged he wasn't with her anymore.

>Mi gente
I'm a spic and this made me cringe.

A Sam Wilson Cap should work. "Should" being the key word, because Spencer fucks it up with bad writing.

I wish I could spit in the writer's face, but then she'd bitch about it on Twitter, leading to another Chelsea Cain situation where every news site and comic writer sings the praises of America Chavez and it hits number one on the Amazon bestsellers.

I wish the comic was better, but I really, really love the idea of Sam as a constantly shit on Cap that disappoints a polarized country by finding common ground. I don't want him to go away before somebody else gets to try their hand at this.

It was pretty shit. Shit writing and the absolute worst pacing. And how many pages do you need to recap the previous issue?

I would've liked it in theory but they threw Sam into the typical black character ghetto of having him fight racists.
Black heroes can fight other things too, you know? They don't HAVE to be just street level.

#BLACKLIVESMATTER: The Comic.

If you love BLM/JohnOliver, you'll love this comic. If not, look elsewhere.

I think this edit says it best

For all its talk of addressing America's racial issues and politics, Sam himself comes off as a bit of an Uncle Tom